View Full Version : Deadlift accessory exercise

04-16-2009, 07:28 PM
One of the guys I bench with showed me this exercise but I wasn't really sure what to call it. Any of you guys do these and know what they're called?


04-16-2009, 08:05 PM
safety squat bar plus rack pull. lol jk.

Sean S
04-16-2009, 08:08 PM
It's simply a free weight version of the mechanical ox. I've done them before and they certainly work the back. The problem is that they take a while to set up. Also, I wouldn't recommend doing these to a max. I always felt like it would be very easy to put your back in a bad position and get injured. Moderate sets of 3-8 reps seemed to work best.

04-16-2009, 09:19 PM
Ano Turtiainen and the METAL gym guys call them "Kill bar goodmorings with rack pull start from below"... I call it madness.