PDA

View Full Version : critique my DL's

Andre518
04-17-2009, 11:24 AM
Today I recorded my deadlifts for the 1st time to see how my form is. Im not too sure if they are good or if I need to come down more. I did all of these plus a 3 x 3 330lbs speed taps after I just did not record them. Right now I am cutting weight to so I can start looking for a meet to try out but I figure I need to make sure my form is spot on as well. Thanks in advance to anyone that can lend some good advice.

of4ZiXjU5ZY

Kiknskreem
04-17-2009, 11:52 AM
Overall they look pretty good.

Make sure to get your hips all the way through to complete lockout, hip forward, squeeze the glutes.. on the heavy set lockout looked a bit soft. I'd also focus on getting a bit tighter and more deliberate in your set-up, keep tension in your hamstrings at the start.

I also might try taking the stance in a smidge.

The Sun
04-17-2009, 11:52 AM
whats with the grip bro? why thumbless?

Andre518
04-17-2009, 12:35 PM
whats with the grip bro? why thumbless?

To be honest I'm not too sure where I got in the habit of that with the lighter weight I have been doing that ever since I started doing hanging cleans.

Hazerboy
04-17-2009, 12:48 PM
I would agree with a bit narrower stance if your flexiblity allows. Its hard to see your back with that angle too, but otherwise that it looks pretty good.

MarcusWild
04-17-2009, 01:40 PM
I'll vote for a narrower stance too. Also, try to keep your shins vertical. You're pushing your knees out over the bar. That can be OK sumo, but it's not recommended for conventional.

evilxxx
04-17-2009, 01:55 PM
I'll vote for a narrower stance too. Also, try to keep your shins vertical. You're pushing your knees out over the bar. That can be OK sumo, but it's not recommended for conventional.
Yeah! I was looking at a pic of mine and thats the same stance I used back a few years ago, (got a scar on my right shin to prove it! haha) now its closer and it definetly feels better. im just slow off the ground, but you do have some nice speed all the way up.

teeroy
04-17-2009, 02:15 PM
You have some great speed on those off the floor and all the way through.

I have a question about the last set only because I think I do the same thing. It looks like his legs are locking out when he still has quite a ways to go with his back. I think doing this is making it difficult for me to lock out when I go heavy so I've been working on starting with my hips a little lower and chest a little higher and trying to time it so that my legs, glutes, and back are all getting to the lockout point at the same time. Does that sound right? If so, should he be trying to do the same thing?

teeroy
04-17-2009, 02:18 PM
Oh, and I noticed that on your lighter weight warm up sets you were sometimes bending your arms a little. Probably not an issue as it was with the lighter weights, but still I'd hate to see you pull a bicep or something on your warm ups.

evilxxx
04-17-2009, 02:26 PM
You have some great speed on those off the floor and all the way through.

I have a question about the last set only because I think I do the same thing. It looks like his legs are locking out when he still has quite a ways to go with his back. I think doing this is making it difficult for me to lock out when I go heavy so I've been working on starting with my hips a little lower and chest a little higher and trying to time it so that my legs, glutes, and back are all getting to the lockout point at the same time. Does that sound right? If so, should he be trying to do the same thing?

Im try to do the same as I screw up my back like 2 months ago by locking the knees before lock out.