PDA

View Full Version : A cooking day...?

2kool
04-17-2009, 11:25 PM
i was thinking about something the other day and wanted to get everybodys opinions on it..

sometimes i get off late from work, or for whatever reason im just kinda lazy and dont feel like cooking when i get home. thats a problem because i am bulking and will be till the day i die. not only that but sometimes im not really hungry but i know i need to eat so i am wishing i just had something already made up that i could just shove down my throat real quick... which leads me to my idea that i was wanting to run by you guys.. i was thinking of taking one day a week, preferably sunday since i would have more time, and just cooking, fixing, preparing, all kinds of food for the coming week. this way ill never have the excuse of "well i have nothing to eat" to stop me from stuffing my face.

some of the things that i thought about were boiling a dozen or 2 eggs, peeling and storing them so anytime i needed one i had them ready to eat.

blending up a couple pitchers of protein shakes to drink a glass whenever id like. (i put alot into my shakes so it is somewhat time consuming)

fixing some large containers of tuna salad to last me throughout the week (tuna, eggs, mayo, relish)

maybe boiling several pots of spaghetti noodles and storing them so i can just pour the sauce on and heat it up..

fixing mounds of various side items like mashed potatoes, mac and cheese etc so they'll be ready to simply heat up whenever i make some fish or chicken..

browning a few pounds of beef to just heat and mix with whatever i want..

basically this is all in the interest of time. if i dedicated a whole day to this then, when im cramped for time to eat during the week, ill never have to sacrifice a meal since ill have something quick and easy waiting to be heated up or whatever. does anybody here do anything similar to this? is this a stupid idea? are there any other foods you would suggest, if you think its a good idea? just looking for some feedback :hello:

VikingWarlord
04-18-2009, 12:10 AM
A lot of people do this. Huge batches of poached chicken, chili, eggs, pasta and pasta sauce, whatever you can think of. Twice a week is good, a lot of stuff won't keep well more than 3 days or so.

BigDanny817
04-18-2009, 12:14 PM
yeah ive thought of this before too. the only negatives are old food throughout the week and it doesn't taste as fresh. i can prepare my next days food within 30 mins per night and i usually do this every night before i go to sleep. find something that works for u and go with it, and there is always something to eat...

cphafner
04-18-2009, 12:19 PM
I cook with enough for 2-3 meals. I tend to eat the same thing for lunch or dinner multiple times a week. My workers think I'm nut eating the same thing over and over. I don't have time to cook every day.

VikingWarlord
04-18-2009, 12:29 PM
Something to add is that it's even better if you portion it all out after the cooking is done. Get a whole bunch of Gladware containers and you have meals not only prepped but completely ready to go.