PDA

View Full Version : Kings of Bench III

Eric Downey
04-19-2009, 10:19 PM
The Ronnie Coleman Classic
Kings of Bench III was off the ****ing chain.

Lets rewind first. I landed in Dallas at 1130 pm. After a 30 min cab ride to the hotel I get to the hotel and throw on my sweat suit and head to the gym b/c i still had 6lbs to cut. In the bed at 2am. 630 comes pretty quick and run down to the scale and i was still 2.5 over. Turned the shower on steamed up the room and sat for 45 mins in the hot bath room. 745 am I hit the official scale for weigh ins at a lean 224 baby. 1lb under. Back to the hotel for some food and hydration. Laid back down from 9 to 945 got dressed and headed down to the meet site. Meet started on time and the race was on. Jesse Squatted 6, 7, 750 and they juiced him on 800 but what ever.

started with some good warm ups on the bench.
135x10
225x10
315x10
after a long rest and waiting for the flight before us to end i took 315 again for the hell of it.

Attempts as they went
350 just to get use to the start command which was new for me.
400 easy
450 was so fast i almost lost control of it.
this is also the time Rene joined in.

His next weight was 480
I went 490 and smoked it.
Rene Does 500
I had to jump to 510 b/c a tie I still lose b/c he is lighter than me. i had trouble coming off the chest, i think i was still holding back from this pec pull. 2nd attempt was the same. So i finished with 490.

Rene hit his 510 then 520 and staled out at 530.

All in all I am happy with the day. I cut weight on a same day weigh in and made weight. Start/Press/Rack Commands and not really getting to eat all day plus first raw meet ever.

I.Believe
04-20-2009, 10:06 AM
Nice work!

chris mason
04-20-2009, 10:10 AM
Great job!

vdizenzo
04-20-2009, 11:41 AM
All things considered you had a great day. Cutting sucks! What did the heavies do in the bench only?

Eric Downey
04-20-2009, 08:11 PM
All things considered you had a great day. Cutting sucks! What did the heavies do in the bench only?

biggest bench was 560 by al davis.

al is dieting for a body building show so was a little weak from his normal 600+

NickW
04-20-2009, 08:17 PM
Damn, I wish I could have afforded to go to this meet! I would have love to have lifted with all of the guys there.

Eric Downey
04-20-2009, 09:47 PM
Damn, I wish I could have afforded to go to this meet! I would have love to have lifted with all of the guys there.

would have been a easy $2000 for you nick.
1000 for division and 1000 for biggest bench

NASAKYCHAIRMAN
04-21-2009, 05:46 AM
Congratulations Eric!!

jackreape
04-21-2009, 11:28 AM
Eric,

Nice work. Had to work this weekend so couldn't make it. You coming back in August?

jack

vdizenzo
04-21-2009, 12:37 PM
I would have competed if Sean did not come off so poorly on the net. He has really hurt himself and fractures the sport.

Eric Downey
04-21-2009, 03:16 PM
I would have competed if Sean did not come off so poorly on the net. He has really hurt himself and fractures the sport.

he is a totally different person in person. i saw none of the sean he puts out on the net or that people say about him on the net. we will go back next year. it was a great meet in a large venue. the level of athlete in the meet was great, and judging was solid across the brd on all lifts. i didnt see anything given away.

Big_Byrd52
04-22-2009, 07:30 PM
Good job Eric. How was the rounds system? i bet it kept it interesting to watch

Eric Downey
04-22-2009, 08:20 PM
Good job Eric. How was the rounds system? i bet it kept it interesting to watch

it was slow but the issues are a bunch of easy fixes. next year should be much better.

evilxxx
04-22-2009, 08:37 PM
he is a totally different person in person. i saw none of the sean he puts out on the net or that people say about him on the net. we will go back next year. it was a great meet in a large venue. the level of athlete in the meet was great, and judging was solid across the brd on all lifts. i didnt see anything given away.
I heard this before about him...I guess he is just one of those that writes in a way that comes across the wrong way. maybe?

Eric Downey
04-22-2009, 09:15 PM
I heard this before about him...I guess he is just one of those that writes in a way that comes across the wrong way. maybe?

no he openly slams geared lifters. however all his big winners are geared lifters competing in this meet

vdizenzo
04-22-2009, 09:37 PM
no he openly slams geared lifters. however all his big winners are geared lifters competing in this meet

Exactly, stop talking smack about gear. His boy Ryan wears gear, but he never says anything about that. He talks out of both sides of his ass. He hates Inzer, fine, just sftu and move along. I am just so sick of his tirades. Believe me, there are others who have legitimate issues with him, but nobody wants to stir this up.

If he has nothing nice to say about gear then just say nothing about it. He is yet another force fracturing the sport with his words. Clearly I have no problem with raw lifting.

evilxxx
04-22-2009, 10:36 PM
So what's up with all this attempts I see people discussing at PLW? 4 and 5 attempts per lift??? Is Hardcore Powerlifting going the way Vince Mcmahon's World Bodybuilding Fed. did in the early 90's??? Whats next? WWE style powerlifting? I wanna see someone get beat with a chair while deadlifting! hahaha!

Eric Downey
04-23-2009, 05:48 AM
So what's up with all this attempts I see people discussing at PLW? 4 and 5 attempts per lift??? Is Hardcore Powerlifting going the way Vince Mcmahon's World Bodybuilding Fed. did in the early 90's??? Whats next? WWE style powerlifting? I wanna see someone get beat with a chair while deadlifting! hahaha!

you got as many as you wanted till you missed twice then you were out. some of the kinks that are wrong with that will be fixed next year. next year im sure thell be a max number of attempts. the meet was fun and easy for the crowd to follow who was winning

vdizenzo
04-23-2009, 09:24 AM
I have no problem with the round system. It's just a differnt style of competing. It's like the Europa rep contest. It's a good idea for the crowd. I just don't think the number should count for pl rankings.

Travis Bell
04-23-2009, 10:03 AM
Sure drags things out though

Ryano
04-23-2009, 01:08 PM
Exactly, stop talking smack about gear. His boy Ryan wears gear, but he never says anything about that. He talks out of both sides of his ass. He hates Inzer, fine, just sftu and move along. I am just so sick of his tirades. Believe me, there are others who have legitimate issues with him, but nobody wants to stir this up.

If he has nothing nice to say about gear then just say nothing about it. He is yet another force fracturing the sport with his words. Clearly I have no problem with raw lifting.

I agree 100%. Katterle is so two-faced that I would NEVER lift in any meet he is promoting. He is constantly bashing geared lifters and he doesn't lift at all himself. Who is he to bash anyone? I applaud lifters that boycott his meets just out of principle. Since he is just a meet promoter, you would think that he would support all lifting.

Eric Downey
04-23-2009, 03:11 PM
I have no problem with the round system. It's just a differnt style of competing. It's like the Europa rep contest. It's a good idea for the crowd. I just don't think the number should count for pl rankings.

i could care less about rankings.

vdizenzo
04-23-2009, 04:29 PM
i could care less about rankings.

Good for you.

Jason198
04-23-2009, 06:29 PM
I think it is good that he brings in some cash for you upper level lifters, maybe next year it will be even bigger with more sponsors and more cash!

I can see how some lifters may not like the guy though.

Eric Downey
04-23-2009, 07:22 PM
Good for you.

really bro. why should i give a s..t about plwatch and there rankings

i know what i lifted. it was a good lift