PDA

View Full Version : supplements into my diet

PFM8241988
04-20-2009, 07:53 AM
So i started taking 1 scoop of whey post workout around a year ago (100% gold standard stuff). As i got into last summer i started with 1 scoop of whey each day just for some extra cals, even on days i wasn't working out. From september - dec i switched to nitrean and was just doing 2 scoops post workout and 2 scoops on off days, just to increase protein intake. Also in there i went through a bucket of opticen PWO and didnt see much improvement in gains. Now i'm back to the whey 100% gold standard 2 scoops post workout and 2 scoops on off days. I'm 6', 180 lbs, but im looking to improve my gains since i've really only put on 10 lbs of lean muscle, and im looking to just slowly put on lean muscle rather than bulk and cut. Would it be better if i stuck to 2 scoops of whey PWO, and got a casien protein for off days. What do you guys think? Thank you.

Trainwreck
04-20-2009, 08:37 AM
Are you eating above maintenance? cause if you're not gaining weight then you should add more calories to your daily intake. I personally have 1 scoop pre-workout and 2 scoops post workout, each scoop being 25g of protein. (3 scoops daily regardless of whether its work out day or not)

BrentS
04-24-2009, 04:23 PM
Yeah you need to check your calories. You should be eating 300-500 cals over maintenance each day. Make sure you are getting at least 1g protein per pound of bodyweight (so 180 grams of protein per day)