PDA

View Full Version : Weight gain and hair growth

Detard
04-20-2009, 12:43 PM
Something I have noticed while I bulk. My hair grows almost an inch a week.

Anyone ever notice anything like this? With all the added calories and nutrients, I'm guessing it's providing my hair with enough protein to grow like crazy. I shave my head once a week, at the same number every time, and the blades of hair that fall into the sink are almost an inch long. It's crazy! I've only really noticed it the past few months when i've been bulking hard (i've put on 30lbs the past 3-4 months). My facial hair grows quite a bit quicker too, but not an inch per week.

You guys ever notice this?

ZeroJointPain
04-20-2009, 02:20 PM
:cry: Im bald, but hair does grow more where I do not want it too!! ha!
I also notice I get the same long hair that grows out of the top of my ear. When I'm taking supplements it pops out over night sometimes. Really weird!!!

Mercuryblade
04-20-2009, 02:21 PM
Something I have noticed while I bulk. My hair grows almost an inch a week.

Anyone ever notice anything like this? With all the added calories and nutrients, I'm guessing it's providing my hair with enough protein to grow like crazy. I shave my head once a week, at the same number every time, and the blades of hair that fall into the sink are almost an inch long. It's crazy! I've only really noticed it the past few months when i've been bulking hard (i've put on 30lbs the past 3-4 months). My facial hair grows quite a bit quicker too, but not an inch per week.

You guys ever notice this?

Nope. But my hair has always grown insanely fast. I imagine there is quite a bit of truth to it though, your body has plenty of resources available to make keratin, so your hair/fingernails will grow unhindered.

Detard
04-20-2009, 03:02 PM
:cry: Im bald, but hair does grow more where I do not want it too!! ha!
I also notice I get the same long hair that grows out of the top of my ear. When I'm taking supplements it pops out over night sometimes. Really weird!!!

I used to get that sometimes too. I'd wake up in the morning, with a huge hair growing out of the side of my nose. I just rip that sucker out, but every once and a while (maybe once a year), it appears overnight