PDA

View Full Version : Mid-back pain..

Cricket_Fire
04-20-2009, 01:12 PM
Hey all

Once in a while I'll get a sharp pain in my mid-back from squatting. I know exactly what it's from; I used to have to hooks set too low so when I tried to walk the weight back in I sometimes had to teeter-totter it back in (****ing stupid I know). I've lowered the hooks, but it still starts to act up sometimes

Has anyone else had this type of pain? Any ideas what it is? Whatever it is, it only hurts after racking a weight on my back - never hurts deadlifting, or during the squat..

Thanks for any input,
Keenan

MarcusWild
04-20-2009, 03:32 PM
I've had something similar. I called my chiro to get a appointment. He didn't have any openings so he called me later to talk about it. He told me my shoulders were tight and to stretch them more especially before squatting. It worked. One thing I've learned from the chiro is the pain is rarely where the problem is originating.

slashkills
04-20-2009, 04:25 PM
I would go and get it checked out. It could be from a hundred different things. Back pain is nothing to mess around with.

Beefcaker
04-20-2009, 07:24 PM
Back pain is nothing to mess around with.times eleventy billion

Cricket_Fire
04-21-2009, 08:05 AM
Thanks all :) . Gonna book an appointment with a chiro

rbtrout
04-21-2009, 10:00 AM
Hopefully, your chiro is a fellow lifter, as well. This really helps. I've gone to many chiros over the years and the ones that aren't lifters or even sports-friendly usually tell you to stop lifting. I'm spoiled. My chiro is a fellow lifter, a close friend and doesn't charge me for visits.

Cricket_Fire
05-02-2009, 04:11 PM
Got the the chiropractor yesterday - apparently I have 3 vertabrae in my mid-back and 1 in my neck that are a little buggered; nothing to serious. All but one in my back moved easily too which is apparently a good thing. He gave me some exercises to do and some gel (basically a super-strength Blue Heat). Cracked my back/neck once each. Thank God it's not a serious problem. Going back Friday.. hopefully I'll be able to hammer this thing out quickly lol

I was worried he was gonna tell me to stop lifting but I guess he's friends with my gym owner and they discussed what I do before I even met the chiro haha

Thanks again for the advice everyone - I regret not going sooner haha

MarcusWild
05-02-2009, 05:02 PM
It's amazing what a good chiro can do. Now just get yourself back to 100% and keep on going.