PDA

View Full Version : Meet this saturday - need to drop 4 lbs

jmccown
04-21-2009, 07:38 AM
So I am trying to make weight for the 242 class at a meet this Saturday. I need to drop 4 lbs to safely weigh in at 241. Wondering what would be the best way to go about cutting this little bit of weight without affecting my strength too much. I know all I can do in this short of a time frame is shed water weight. So would a sauna suit and some HIT cardio be my best solution. Of course I am eating right this week and staying away from soda. I didn't think I was over my weight limit till last week. My weight usually fluctuates around 235-238. Looking for some quick solutions.

drew
04-22-2009, 07:13 AM
Just cut your carbs at night. Don't do any cardio that isn't part of your normal routine. If you can weigh in the day before, do so. You should be able to drop 4 lbs without even thinking about it. If you're nervous about it hit the sauna for a couple of trips. No need to do anything drastic, forget the sauna suits and HIIT.

whiteman90909
04-22-2009, 11:55 AM
Cutting sodium as much as possible will also help with water retention.

VikingWarlord
04-22-2009, 12:43 PM
Built wrote an amazing protocol for shedding water weight in a hurry as part of her Got Built series. I'm not sure if it's still up on the new WBB site or not but check that out. You can try to PM her and ask for it if it's not up.

KarstenDD
04-22-2009, 01:43 PM
You also got more great advice than you could possibly need in your other thread.

drew
04-22-2009, 01:47 PM
Also, it's only 3 pounds.

I could drop 3 pounds if I had to make weight an hour from now.

KarstenDD
04-22-2009, 01:49 PM
Also, it's only 3 pounds.

I could drop 3 pounds if I had to make weight an hour from now.

Yea, just blast the heater the whole ride there.