PDA

View Full Version : Have to fast :(

Andre518
04-21-2009, 12:36 PM
Ok I usually have about 4200 calories a day over the course of the day i have a bunch of 500-600 calorie meals. Tomorrow I have to stop eating from 9pm till about 10-10:30am Thursday because I have to have blood work done for a physical. I'm wonder how will this effect my recovery from a heavy bench day I will have tomorrow? Also should I eat bigger meals to get the calories or just eat what I can? Right now Im trying to lose some weight so I dont want to eat too many calories all at once.

Pimpstick
04-21-2009, 12:46 PM
nonewhatsoever

JK1
04-21-2009, 12:50 PM
Ok I usually have about 4200 calories a day over the course of the day i have a bunch of 500-600 calorie meals. Tomorrow I have to stop eating from 9pm till about 10-10:30am Thursday because I have to have blood work done for a physical. I'm wonder how will this effect my recovery from a heavy bench day I will have tomorrow? Also should I eat bigger meals to get the calories or just eat what I can? Right now Im trying to lose some weight so I dont want to eat too many calories all at once.

It won't. Don't worry about it. Just make sure your last meal and first one the next day have adequate protein if your body isn't used to this long of a period without food. Tomorrow, return to your normal eating.

Andre518
04-21-2009, 12:55 PM
Thanks guys it was starting to bother me a bit.

evilxxx
04-21-2009, 02:09 PM
The only effect is gonna be that your stomach will start growling bad!and if you are like me, you gona be in a really bad mood till you eat something, haha I hate that. If your last meal is something heavy it wont be too bad.

Andre518
04-21-2009, 02:14 PM
The only effect is gonna be that your stomach will start growling bad!and if you are like me, you gona be in a really bad mood till you eat something, haha I hate that. If your last meal is something heavy it wont be too bad.

Yeah I hate being hungry.

life2u
04-21-2009, 02:18 PM
Just drink water after your last meal and try to have the nurse draw your blood asap when you get to the doc's office. I bring food with me so I can eat right away while I am waiting for the doc. Usually just a protein bar and sport shake like muscle milk. Once I waited an hour in the docs office and almost did not make it.

BigBatz
04-21-2009, 02:28 PM
I really hate getting my blood work done. I try and schedual it at 8:00 am so I'm only fasting for about 12 hours. Lucky for me I only live about two miles from where the docs office is. As soon as the cotton ball and band aid go on I'm on my way home to feed.

=Travis=
04-21-2009, 03:47 PM
I had to fast for blood work a couple weeks ago and I still did a heavy squat workout about 2 hours prior, in the early morning without coffee. It sucks but you got to do what you got to do. And I usually have a protein shake in my truck waiting on me to drink on the way to eat food.