PDA

View Full Version : gregnb's journal

gregnb
04-13-2002, 07:48 PM
I'm currently 17 years old, and I've been lifting for about 3 months. Just trying to get into shape by using weight training/cardio following a low-carb diet. I follow the basic push/pull/legs routine..

Supplements taken today: Adipokinetix 1x3 / AST multi-vitamin / glutamine 1(5 grams)x3 / prolab protein shake

Today was Back/Biceps day:

First time ever doing deadlifts..

Deads: 135x12 (warm-up)
225x6
275x5
275x1

T-Bar rows: 45x12 (warm-up)
90x8
135x8
180x5

Lat Pulldowns: 75x12 (warm-up)
120x8
150x5

Compound Rowing: 100x12 (warm-up)
160x8
200x5

Shrugs: 105x12 (warm-up)
195x8
215x5

Dumbell Curls: 20x10 / 30x10
Hammer Curls: 20x5 / 30x5
1 set of preacher curls
2 sets of wrist curls

gregnb
04-14-2002, 06:17 AM
Today is an off day

Supplements taken: ApidoKinetix 2x6 (decided to bump it up) / AST multi-vitamin / 1(5 grams)x2 glutamine

Pre morning cardio: Took in 5 grams of glutamine

Cardio: 30 minutes of brisk walking then went and waited 45 minutes before eating breakfast

Damn is my back sore from yesterday. Deadlifts really do kill, but I can't wait todo them next week :) :). Skipped going to a party last night to wake up early for cardio, and to avoid inevitable alcohol consumption.. it was worth it :strong:

gregnb
04-16-2002, 01:32 PM
Today was: Legs/Abs day

Seated Calf-raises: 45x12 (warm-up)
90x8
135x8
180x8

Squats (Ass to Floor): 105x12 (warm-up)
195x8
245x3
245x3
265x1

Sled leg press: 180 (warm-up)
270x8
360x8
410x8

Weighted Crunches: 130x12 (warm-up)
160x15
170x10
190x5

Today my weight went up on everything.. could it be the deadlifts? Either way I'm pretty happy

gregnb
04-23-2002, 02:33 PM
Haven't posted in a while.. oh well..

Today was Legs/Abs day:

90x10
135x10
180x10

195x8
245x5
265x1 (almost got that second rep :( :( )

270x8
360x8
410x8
430x10

160x15
170x10
190x10
200x5

Went up on everything but squats.. hopefully I'll hit that second rep for 265 next week ;)

Orange357
04-23-2002, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by gregnb
Skipped going to a party last night to wake up early for cardio, and to avoid inevitable alcohol consumption.. it was worth it :strong: [/B]

Welcome to the world of bodybuilding.:)

gregnb
04-23-2002, 08:37 PM
Haha, Thanks ;)

MonStar
04-23-2002, 09:16 PM
195x8
245x5
265x1 (almost got that second rep )

Strength looking awesome man, keep it up. A*s to floor is definitely a b*tch I dont know how you do that sh*t. Crazy dude.

270x8
360x8
410x8
430x10

Strength looking good here too man. What are your goals right now?

MS

gregnb
04-24-2002, 06:26 AM
Well.. I first started out just doing massive amounts of cardio cause I wanted to cut down. I finally realized how much more effective it was to cut down on that and add in resistance training. I went down from 320 to what i'm currently at 241. Once I get to 200 I'm gonna make my mind up if I wanna continue bb'ing or just do a maintence program to keep the shape. I'm mostly likely going to keep on going because it's pretty fun plus it keeps me outa trouble ;o

Monstar- Ya, my legs are probably my strongest point from previously just being so big. I only started working out a couple months ago, and my squats have gone from 200x1 for 265x1.. I haven't lost any real muscle thanks to doing low-carb and glutamine refeeds :o

MonStar
04-24-2002, 06:58 AM
gregnb-
Glutamine refeeds? What are you talking about man? Thats sounds like a really good idea to be completely honest I have in fact read about glutamine loading before. How many grams do you take when you refeed like 20g or so? Help me out dude..

MS

gregnb
04-24-2002, 07:06 AM
I take 10grams on an empty stomach right when I wake up. If it's a workout day I take 10 grams right after then wait 15 minutes to have my protein shake so the glutamine is absorbed. If it's an off day I take 10 grams right after the cardio session and wait about 45 minutes till my next meal. Then I take 10 grams right before bed. Now I heard if you take in around 70 throughout the day it'll really help out alot (I heard people getting pumps so strong it felt their skin was gonna tear) but glutamine is pretty costly so I only go with the 10gram in the AM / 10 grams after cardio/resistance training / 10 grams before sleep (30 gram total). I think it's helped retain muscle for me while I'm cutting down..

MonStar
04-24-2002, 07:11 AM
gregnb-
Very very interesting. I might try this on my next refeed day - which is this Thursday. See if I like it. Maybe 30-50g of glutamine. I have a SH*TLOAD of it holy sh*t. Ever consider loading with creatine on those days too? :cool::cool:

MS

gregnb
04-24-2002, 07:20 AM
If you're taking creatine and glutamine together. The two have tendency to cancel each other out. Actually, it's a little more complicated than that. Avoid taking them together.

Here's a link for reference: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/johnforb.htm

It's a good supplement.. I like it. I don't think it really has a place in a bulking diet, but if you're cutting it's great! If you come to like it should try using it everyday.. here's some information on it

L-glutamine
Glutamine is one of the most intensely studied nutrients in sports nutrition over the last 5 years.

It is one of the most versitile and useful nutients for sports performance. Research has shown that glutamine is very useful against the catabolic stress that is imposed on the body by resistance training.

500mg per day is not enough ... you need at least 2 grams for it to get through the small intestines (they are a glutamine hungry group of scavengers) ... anything under 2g will be absorbed by the small intestines and will not give you the protein sparing/cell volumizing effect that you are looking for.

Best bet is to go with a powdered form of L-glu and choose your goal from the following and increase you doseage as you see fit:

(1) Boosting GH levels - To do this, athletes take 10g of glutamine on an empty stomach upon waking.

(2) Accelerating muscle gylcogen synthesis - This is done by taking glutamine (5g to 10g) within 1 hour after severe exercise.

(3) Sparing glucose levels. (5g to 10g, 3x per day)

(4) Off-setting overtraining syndrome - Glutamine plays a crucial role in the stimulation of intracellular protein synthesis if you are training hard. To get the full effect of this, you should be taking in at least 20g of glutamine per day.

(5) It has also been noted that by super-supplementing glutamine, some athletes have reported breaking through training and hypertrophy plateaus by boosting glutamine intake to 60g - 80g per day. This requires a dosing pattern of 10g upon waking, 5g every 3 hours, and 10g before bed.

During flu season, be sure to take even more glutamine to insure a well-functioning immune system.

Reach Your Peak With Glutamine

You know about the importance of eating enough protein every day. It provides vital amino acids for your body, helping you build a defined, muscular physique while enjoying good health. But did you know that the usually recommended amount of protein is still not enough to reach your peak in muscle mass or optimize your immune system? It's true: Even protein intakes exceeding the RDA can provide less of the amino acid glutamine than you need. Studies have shown that you must supplement with this important nutrient if you want to get the most from your diet and exercise program.

Glutamine is the most abundant amino acid in the human body. The majority of which is stored within the skeletal muscles, although significant amounts are also found in the blood, lungs, liver, and brain. Glutamine is involved in more metabolic processes than any other amino acid in the body. And while it shares many characteristics with the other amino acids, it does have one major difference: Because it has a nitrogen atom to spare, glutamine is able to transport nitrogen around the body. This allows it to perform some of its unique functions.

Gets Rid of Lactic Acid

When you engage in intensive exercise, it often leads to a "burning" sensation that eventually becomes so strong you have to stop for a few minutes. This "burn" is produced by lactic acid, which is a byproduct of anaerobic glucose and glycogen metabolism during muscle contraction. Glutamine plays a vital role in regulating the body's acid-based balance. It gives rise to the production of bicarbonate ions by the kidneys, which neutralizes some of the lactic acid. The kidneys also break down glutamine to produce ammonia in a multi-step process. This neutralizes even more of the lactic acid. During periods of high-acidic concentrations, these two mechanisms can increase glutamine consumption in the kidneys six to ten times over the normal rate. The greater the availability of glutamine, the greater the potential for rapid restoration of the body's acid-based balance. This can allow you to resume exercise sooner and may even permit higher levels of force production during your workout.

Boosts Growth Hormone

Growth hormone is one of the most important hormones in the body. Secreted by the pituitary gland, it plays a major role in muscle growth and retention due to its ability to promote cell division and proliferation. It does this by increasing the amount of amino acids transported across the cell membrane. Growth hormone also promotes the growth of bones and connective tissue. It also increases the level of free fatty acids in the blood, resulting in a greater use of fat as an energy source and the sparing of available protein and carbohydrates. By raising the body's energy expenditure at rest, it helps to reduce your body-fat level, too.

A study by researcher Thomas Welbourne found that oral glutamine supplementation has a dramatic impact on growth hormone secretion. A dose of only 2 gm following a light breakfast increased growth hormone levels by 430% over baseline levels after 90 minutes! There was an increase in plasma bicarbonate concentration as well, which confirms that oral glutamine supplementation is an effective way to reduce lactic acid levels. Since growth hormone concentrations decline with age, such dramatic increases are especially good news for people entering middle age and beyond.

Fights Catabolic Reactions

Glutamine plays an important role in fighting catabolic reactions in the body, thereby promoting the greatest anabolic response to exercise. During intensive training sessions, microcellular damage to the muscle tissue usually occurs, along with increased secretion of the catabolic hormone, cortisol. These two factors result in an initial breakdown of muscle. Eventually, the body overcomes these negative forces and begins to build new muscle tissue (protein synthesis). The time it takes for this to occur, however, depends on your level of nutrition and supplementation.

While branched-chain amino acids (BCAAs) have sometimes been recommended to fight catabolism, several research studies have shown that glutamine is superior to the BCAAs in promoting protein synthesis. Glutamine peptides have also been shown to prevent the muscle atrophy induced by high cortisol levels. Glutamine also increases water levels inside the muscle cell, although the increase is not as pronounced as with creatine. This higher intracellular water supply enhances protein synthesis, providing more raw materials for building new muscle tissue. Glutamine even promotes the storage of muscle glycogen, a vital energy source during high-intensity training. Despite its importance in muscular development, glutamine is virtually the last nutrient to be restored to pre-exercise levels. This makes supplementation essential if you want to maximize the gains from your training program. Glutamine supplementation will also allow the other amino acids in your food to be used for their intended anabolic purposes, enhancing the biological value of your entire protein intake.

Improves the Immune System

There is no doubt that strenuous exercise can tax the immune system. Numerous studies have shown a higher incidence of infections and cold symptoms following a bout of intense exercise. Glutamine depletion appears to be partly responsible. A study by L.M. Castell and colleagues found a significant drop in the plasma level of glutamine in endurance athletes after a marathon. However, when these researchers gave 5 gm of glutamine to more than 100 athletes, they discovered that only 19% of them reported infections during the next seven days, compared to 51% of the athletes in the placebo group. Glutamine's anti-catabolic benefits are also used to promote recovery in hospital patients. A wide range of studies reported improvements in immune parameters when glutamine is added to the meals of bone-marrow transplant and chemotherapy patients as well as burn and trauma victims. Clearly, glutamine is powerfully beneficial!

Glutamine supplementation helps to keep you healthy and strong in many ways. In fact, when you consider how inexpensive this amino acid is, it could be one of the most cost-effective supplements on the market today.

Glutamine and the Over-Training Syndrome

Most weight trainers and other athletes are familiar with the Over-training Syndrome. Excessive training with insufficient rest intervals can result in an over-trained state, which in turn, leaves the athlete at risk of muscle or connective tissue injury, infection, chronic fatigue, and under performance.

Strangely enough, one of the "nonessential" amino acids - glutamine - appears to play a key role in preventing Over-training Syndrome. Although classified as nonessential because it can be synthesized from other amino acids, glutamine is in face, the most abundant amino acid in human muscle and blood. It is critically important for growing and regenerating cells, including those found in exercised muscle tissues, and white blood cells.

During catabolic states such as surgery, injury, infection and the recovery period following high intensity exercise, glutamine supplies are taxed, and the body cannot manufacture it from other amino acids nearly fast enough to meet the demand. To sustain tissue growth and healing, and to turn catabolism into anabolism, glutamine must be supplied from somewhere else, namely, dietary protein, or supplementation.

Several recent scientific articles on the Over-training Syndrome discuss the relationship of glutamine nutrition to the symptoms of over-training. Athletes with these symptoms have lower levels of plasma glutamine at rest than active healthy controls. These reduced levels of glutamine impact white blood cells, reducing the ability of the immune system to ward off infection.

In catabolic stress states, including the recovery period after exercise, tissue requirements for glutamine are increased, while plasma glutamine is depleted. This is, of course, the period during which it is MOST CRITICAL to maintain proper nutrition in order to GAIN strength from the precious workout, rather than lose it!

In fact, it takes several hours for normal (pre-exercise) levels of glutamine to be restored. The problem is compounded if the athlete does not allow for adequate recovery periods between workouts, creating a serious shortage of glutamine. Eventually, the Over-training Syndrome sets in, accompanied by low plasma glutamine levels that can persist for months or years.

Clearly, this data makes a strong argument for high-protein supplementation immediately before and after workouts, and for glutamine supplementation for several hours or days after workouts. Without adequate glutamine, not only are the benefits of the previous workout lost, but the entire body is put at risk of eventual Over-training Syndrome - with its staleness, tiredness, injuries, infections, and all the rest.

If you currently suffer from over-training, crank up the glutamine and total protein intake, and give you body a chance to re-accumulate its reserves

MonStar
04-24-2002, 07:27 AM
Nice article man thanks. So do you think that 30-50g on refeed days would be a good idea. Normally I take 5g glutamine peptides postworkout. I take my creatine first and wait like 20
minutes, to take my glutamine peptides. :):)

MS

gregnb
04-24-2002, 07:29 AM
Well.. I use it everyday so I'm not sure how much it'll help ya out if you use it 1-2 days a week..

MonStar
04-24-2002, 07:33 AM
I use 5g peptides postworkout every training day, but I am thinking that loading with it on refeed days will help.. What do you think about loading with it on my 2 refeed days? :D:D

MS

gregnb
04-24-2002, 07:37 AM
I'm not to sure it'll do anything at all. If you have an ample supply of glutamine why not use it everyday? The most important times to take it are before bed and right when you wake up so I don't think you'll honestly benefit from just two days of refeeding, but everyone is different.. Well, atleast you're getting that much needed 5 grams after your workout session :)

MonStar
04-24-2002, 07:38 AM
Yeah well see what happens. I am thinking about using it on refeed days I dont know though well see.

MS

gregnb
04-24-2002, 10:37 AM
Damn it's cold.. anyway

Today is an: off day

Supplements taken: ApidoKinetix 2x6 / AST multi-vitamin 1x2 / 1(5 grams)x2 glutamine

Cardio: 30 minutes of brisk walking then went and waited 45 minutes before eating breakfast

Hope this weather picks up.. it was so nice last week :(. Just my luck.. the week I get off during school it's f*cking freezing! :cry: :cry:

gregnb
04-25-2002, 01:25 PM
Today was: Chest/Tri's/Shoulders

Supplements taken today: Adipokinetix 1x3 / AST multi-vitamin / glutamine 1(5 grams)x3 / prolab protein shake

I really started working out my chest about three weeks ago. I used to neglect doing them just for the shear fact of being afraid to ask someone in the gym for a spot :rolleyes:. I would just do benching on a nautilus machine, (which really didn't yield any results). My bench so far has gone pretty well since I grew a pair, and finally decided to go on a real bench ;o.. sure did take a while.

:angel:

Workout:

Flat BB Bench: 45x12 (warm-up)
135x8
145x8
145x8 (3 negatives)

Flat dumbell presses: 15x12 (warm-up)
30x8
45x8

Lever Pec Deck Fly: 90x12 (warm-up)
120x8
140x5

Tricep cable pushdowns: 75x12 (warm-up)
120x8
150x8
150x1

Dumbbell Triceps Extension: 15x12 (warm-up)
30x8
45x8
55x5

Smith Shoulder Press: 105x8
125x8
145x8
155x2 (tried for a 3rd rep.. didn't have it)

Lever Lateral Raise: 90x12 (warm-up)
140x8
160x5

Totally forgot todo Barbell Upright Rows :(. Gym was pretty packed today since it was a pretty sh*tty day. Welp, time for a nap :).
:)

gregnb
04-26-2002, 04:59 AM
I woke up this morning to hear lisa left-eye lopez died :( :(

Supplements taken: ApidoKinetix 2x6 / AST multi-vitamin 1x2 / 1(5 grams)x2 glutamine

My chest/shoulders are really sore..

gregnb
04-27-2002, 08:34 AM
I started doing all my exercises extremely slow today, and I got a pump far greater than any other workout I had. I couldn't do as much weight, and my grip started to goto **** after a while but I think in the long run this will pay off. Workout kinda sucked today going out without carbs :(.

Today was Back/Biceps:

225x8
275x3
275x2

grip needs to get better on this.. I know I can do more..

90x8
135x8

* Didn't bother loading on another 45 plate.. I was totally beat after doing this with perfect form and extremely slow :/

125x8
150x8

140x8
170x5

195x8
215x4

* grip is really effecting me on this also

2 set of preacher curls
1 set of hammer curls with 45's

welp that's it :/

gregnb
04-28-2002, 05:34 AM

Holy sh*t, I've never been this sore after a back day. Back to school tommarow :cry: :cry:

gregnb
04-29-2002, 04:54 AM
Damnit! woke up late and didn't have enough time todo cardio :( off to school now :cry: :cry: :cry:

MonStar
04-29-2002, 04:57 AM
gregnb-
Damn that pisses me off man! When I wake up late I am in the worst mood ever holy sh*t. :redface::redface:

MS

gregnb
04-29-2002, 02:28 PM
yeah i hate missing that morning session *alot*..

gregnb
04-30-2002, 01:46 PM

Today was: Legs/Abs day

90x8
135x8
180x8
215x5

195x8
245x8
265x3

* YEH! got two more reps this time around

Sled leg press: 180x12 (warm-up)
270x8
360x8
410x8
450x5

* I know I could do more on this but i rather save all my energy up for my squats..

160x15
170x10
200x8
210x5

Cable Side Bends: 70x8
100x8

All in all a pretty good workout. Went up in everything. One of the employees at the YMCA came over to me and told me that narrow stanced, ass to floor squats isn't the way to go.. oh well ;o. It's naptime now!

gregnb
05-01-2002, 04:01 AM

My ass is so damn sore!

gregnb
05-02-2002, 04:44 PM
First off my lose my contact, but I still went to the gym good vision in one eye lol. Then I come home to no power. Oh well...

Workout:

Flat BB Bench: 45x12 (warm-up)
135x8
155x6
155x3 (2 negatives)

* went up, i guess..

Flat dumbell presses: 15x12 (warm-up)
30x8
45x8
50x5

120x8
140x5

120x8
150x5

Smith Shoulder Press: 105x8
125x8
145x8

Smith Upright Row: 105x8
125x5

Kinda in a rush.. whatever this day blew

gregnb
05-04-2002, 08:33 AM

Today was Back/Biceps:

225x8
235x4 !!!

BAH! i need to start doing something about this.. i think i might get gloves or something because my grip is absolute ****! i thought it was bad last week lol..

90x8
135x8
160x5

125x8
150x8
160x5

140x8
200x5

195x8
215x5

2 sets of preacher curls
2 sets of hammer curls with 45's

gregnb
05-05-2002, 07:35 AM

Supplements taken: ApidoKinetix 2x3 / AST multi-vitamin 1x2 / 1(5 grams)x2 glutamine

Wasn't really a great workout yesterday, but my traps are pretty sore. I'm weighing in at 235 now :D (down 6 lbs since last time and a total loss of about ~80 lbs). When I get to 190-200 I'll hopefully look into doing a bullking cycle because working out without carbs sux :/

gregnb
05-11-2002, 09:37 AM
Yes, finally I had a good back workout due to a couple things I think. First off I started using a sumo type grip on my deadifts, and started using a mat. Doing that I think helped clear up my worry about me making too much noise, and using that grip makes me feel as if I have a better hold on the bar. My lifts went up nice today..

Supplements taken today: Adipokinetix 2x3 / AST multi-vitamin / glutamine 1(5 grams)x3 / prolab protein shake

Today was Back/Biceps :

225x8
275x8
315x5

YES! I'm going to continue using the sumo type hold..

90x8
135x8
160x4

125x8
160x8
170x5

220x8

195x8
215x8

2 sets of preacher curls using 20's, 25's
2 sets of hammer curls with 45's

gregnb
05-12-2002, 06:15 AM

Supplements taken: ApidoKinetix 2x3 / AST multi-vitamin 1x2 / 1(5 grams)x2 glutamine

Finally got around todo cardio. It's been about a week I think. My back is sore as hell hehe. My lats hurt the most :/

gregnb
05-13-2002, 12:42 PM

Hmm, looks like I got another day of Adipokinetix left. It has been a pretty good supplement. I think I'm gonna wait another two weeks before I purchase it again (if I still can :( ). Going to bump cardio to everyday in the morning on an empty stomach using 5 grams of glutamine before. Really wanna go to 200lbs before the end of the summer.

MonStar
05-14-2002, 07:42 AM
225x8
275x8
315x5

Nice strength increase man!! Very impressive. Great strength on a ketogenic type of diet bro. :):)

MS

MonStar
05-14-2002, 07:43 AM
gregnb-
What do you think of Adipokinetix? I have been taking Adrenalin for a few months now and really like it. Very similar ingredients.

MS

gregnb
05-14-2002, 11:15 AM
Monstar- It's pretty good man. When I first started taking it I was at around 245-247. I'm weighing in at 235 or less now. Of course diet is still key with it, but I like NYC stacks better than ECA. I think they give better results, and less side effects :)

Yeah, my deadlifts have gone up nice ever since I got the grip issue down. I knew I could do alot more just that was holding me back.

gregnb
05-14-2002, 02:12 PM
Today is: Legs/Abs

Supplements taken: ApidoKinetix 2x3 / AST multi-vitamin 1x2 / 1(5 grams)x2 glutamine / prolab protein shake

Got legs/abs coming up today.. should be a good workout. Feel pretty good after that cardio.

-------------------------------------------

Workout:

Seated Calf-raises: 90x12 (warm-up)
135x8
180x8
225x6

* Bumped up the warm-up weight. I'm not sure that this machine can really handle more weight so I'm gonna have to switch to standing calf raises soon.

195x8
245x8
265x5

* up another two reps, hopefully i can do 8 next week and move up

Sled leg press: 270x12 (warm-up)
410x8
450x8
540x6

* Said the hell with it and i would see how far i could go with this. Bumped up the warmup weight to 270 now.

Weighted Crunches: 150x12 (warm-up)
170x8
210x8

Cable Side Bends: 120x10
130x5

Pretty good workout. I feel "scared" when I start doing my squats. It's weird because on those last couple reps I know I can do it then I get scared all of a sudden and mount it back. Gotta overcome that :/

gregnb
05-16-2002, 01:38 PM

Supplements taken today: AST multi-vitamin / glutamine 1(5 grams)x3 / prolab protein shake

Flat dumbell presses: 30x12 (warm-up)
45x8
50x8
55x5

Seated Smith Shoulder Press: 105x8 (warm-up)
145x8
155x5

Smith Upright Row: 105x8 (warm-up)
135x5

Dumbbell Triceps Extension: 30x12 (warm-up)
45x8
55x8

120x8
150x5

Forgot todo the pec-deck fly today :/ oh well..

gregnb
05-18-2002, 10:59 AM
Supplements taken today: AST multi-vitamin / glutamine 1(5 grams)x3 / prolab protein shake

Today was Back/Biceps :

225x8
275x8
315x7

* Got two more reps this time around.. think im gonna bump up the warm-up weight next week..

90x8
135x8

Lat Pulldowns: 125x8 (warm-up)
160x8
170x4

170x8
200x8

195x8
215x8
235x6

* weight finally went up in this..

3 sets of preacher curls at: 20, 40, 50

Pretty good workout considering I left the door having only a teaspoon of peanut butter and glutamine (stupid stupid!). I was so beat at the end when I went todo some hammer curls for a finisher I couldn't lift the dumbell :)

gregnb
05-21-2002, 01:56 PM

Today was Legs/Abs :

135x8
180x8
225x8

245x5
265x5
270x2

* Feel kinda stupid after when I think about it. I should've stuck to 8 on all sets before my last like I usually do. Oh well, felt like changing it up heh.

410x8
450x8
540x8

180x12
200x10

Cable Side Bends: 100x10
140x10

Pretty good workout in the end. Feel really really tired today. I haven't done cardio in a week I really gotta get on the ball with that and really need start eating breakfast. I wake up so late I never have any time.

gregnb
05-22-2002, 04:11 AM

Supplements taken: AST multi-vitamin 1x2 / 1(5 grams)x2 glutamine

Not sore at all. Finally got around to doing cardio yay!

gregnb
05-23-2002, 01:36 PM

Flat dumbell presses: 30x12 (warm-up)
45x8
50x8
55x7

* almost had 8! i'm finally feeling like i'm getting some strength on my presses

Seated Smith Shoulder Press: 105x8 (warm-up)
145x8
155x2

* down a couple reps

Smith Upright Row: 105x8 (warm-up)
135x8

* went up two reps

45x8
55x8
60x5

* Felt great to be able to take a dumbell off that 60-120 db rack for direct work :)

120x8
150x8

* i think the stack only goes to 160 so i'm gonna have to goto the lat pulldown machine and change the handle and use that soon

2nd time in a row where i forgot todo a shaping movement.. i think im gona tattoe it on my forehead backwards so i won't forget when i'm looking at the mirror at the gym lol

gregnb
05-25-2002, 10:12 AM

Today was Back/Biceps :

225x8
275x8
315x7
320x1

* put on 5 more pounds.. i think i had a 2nd rep in me oh well..

90x8
135x8
160x5

160x8
175x4

Compound Rowing: 110x12 (warm-up)
170x8
230x3

* Ever since the first day i used that machine i always wanted to be able to do the whole stack with good form.. i'm coming close.. i think i need 20 more lbs :/

195x8
215x8
235x7

* gonna bump up the weight 5 more lbs next week

2 sets of preacher curls: 40x8 / 50x4
2 sets of hammer curls: 30x5 / 40x4

Everything is coming along nicely I think. Yesterday was fun we had our school senior outing. I'm so burned, but on the bright side I finally got a tan :) :).

gregnb
05-26-2002, 05:37 PM

Traps are pretty dame sore today. My lats are starting to come out a bit now :) :). My back seems a little thicker ever since I started doing deads..

gregnb
05-27-2002, 12:32 PM

Back is fine today.. traps are just a tad sore. My diet has been on target the past month so I'm pretty happy about that. Hope it continues..

gregnb
05-28-2002, 01:27 PM

Diet today: Went well except for the fact that I ate the school lunch today which consisited of a sloppy joe and curly fries HEH (wow, alot of carbs!). Doesn't really matter though.. today is leg day so I should be able to get back into ketosis pretty easily..

Sleep: 7 hours. Not bad.. stayed up a little too late last night.

Cardio: None

Workout: Today was Legs/Abs

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

135x8
225x8
250x6

245x5
265x5
270x2 and a half

* Almost got a another rep this time around.

410x8
540x8
560x6

170x15
190x10

170x6

Notes: Had gym today so I said what the hell and went up to do a little benching. I hit 175x5 and 185 for almost one. I didn't think I could do it. My left arm has finally seemed to "even" out when I do press so it doesn't look like my right arm does all the work. Anyway, today's work went pretty well. I'm pretty beat after those squats.. shirt is completely drenched in sweat lol..

gregnb
05-29-2002, 12:35 PM
Supplements taken today: AST multi-vitamin / glutamine 1(5 grams)x3

Diet today: Right on target..

Sleep: Got 9 hours.. was a bit tired

Cardio: Woke up too late so I missed morning cardio

Workout: None

Notes: Pretty hot day in school today. I'm finishing high school in 14 days yay!! Thinking about what I'm gonna take in college..

gregnb
05-30-2002, 01:39 PM
Supplements taken today: AST multi-vitamin / glutamine 1(10 grams)x3 / prolab protein shake

Diet today: Sucky.. bunch of us from school went out to eat instead of sticking around at school and we went out to Hooters. First time I've ever been there.. food is good, view is GREAT. Not too worried.. had the chicken sammy w/ fries and soda.

Sleep: 8 Hours

Workout: Today was Chest/Shoulders/Tri's

Flat dumbell presses: 35x12 (warm-up)
45x8
55x8

* woot got 8.. gonna try 60 next week

Overhead DB press: 20x12 (warm-up)
30x8
40x8
45x8

* First time I ever tried these.. really felt the burn. Gonna sub these in for Seated smith presses for a while..

120x8
140x8

* Finally remembered todo these lol

45x8
55x8
60x8

* Got 8 this time around :)

120x8
150x12

Notes: Still did chest today even though it was a little sore from that time I had gym. Upped my glutamine to 10grams everytime I take it since I got a pretty good deal on it (2 600 gram jugs for $55). Overall the workout was pretty good..

gregnb
05-31-2002, 05:10 PM
Supplements taken today: AST multi-vitamin / glutamine 1(10 grams)x3

Diet today: On target except I had a couple tablespoons of mac salad.

Sleep: 9 Hours!

Cardio: none :( :(

Notes: Today started off to be a really f*cking shitty day. I got home and I was pretty depressed over the fact that I'm almost broke and nobody is hiring around here. Went down to the local staples and it looks like I might have a job lined up.. gotta find out tommarow. I really need the money :(. Then later on I got more crap from my college.. I gotta take their placement test soon. Guess the day got a little better.. still pissed about the cardio.

gregnb
06-01-2002, 11:44 AM
Supplements taken today: AST multi-vitamin / glutamine 1(10 grams)x3 / prolab protein shake

Diet today: Perfect.

Sleep: 10 hours.

Workout: Today was Back/Biceps

225x8
275x8
315x8
320x4

* 3 more reps this time around.

90x8
135x8

* Didn't bother putting on another plate.. felt pain in my back

160x8
175x7

170x8
230x4

* Really tuff getting that last rep..

195x8
215x8
240x5

2 sets of preacher curls: 40x8 / 50x5

Notes: Good workout. Took my math placement test for college before I headed to workout got a 20/25 (lame!). Oh well, feel really tired today.. think I'm coming down with something :(

gregnb
06-02-2002, 07:47 AM

Diet today: Should be good today!

Sleep: 8 Hours!

Notes: Went out with friends last nite to chillis. So my diet could've been better yesterday oh well. My back and abs are sore as f*ck!

gregnb
06-03-2002, 07:22 PM

Diet today: On target.

Sleep: 10 Hours!

Cardio: None :/

Notes: I've been sick the past couple days :( :(. I'm finally starting to get better but if I don't feel good tommarow I'm not gonna go through with my leg workout. Got my yearbook today! holy crap I was huge in sept! alot of people told me I look totally different.. felt good today :)

gregnb
06-04-2002, 01:18 PM

Sleep: 9 Hours

Workout:

135x8
225x8
250x8

410x8
540x8
560x8

Squats (Ass to Floor): 105x8

* Had nothing left today.. should've never went.

Notes: Went ahead with my workout even though I thought I felt better. After getting done with my sets of leg presses I went over to finish off with squats and I felt completely lethargic. I started a warm-up set and had nothing left so I cut the workout short and ended it right there. Hope I feel energized tommarow!

gregnb
06-05-2002, 12:56 PM
Supplements taken today: AST multi-vitamin / glutamine 1(10 grams)x2

Notes: Feel a bit better now. Still got a lingering cough though.. Found this link funny as hell so I think I'll share it!

http://www.redcoat.net/pics/world_according_to_america.jpg

gregnb
06-06-2002, 01:34 PM

Diet today: On target

Flat dumbell presses: 40x12 (warm-up)
50x8
60x2

* Bumped up the warm-up weight and got two on 60

Overhead DB press: 30x12 (warm-up)
40x8
45x5

120x8
140x5

Dumbbell Triceps Extension: 45x12 (warm-up)
50x8
55x8

SkullCrushers: 40x12 (warm-up)
50x8
70x8

* First time I ever did this.. wrist hurt a bit though

120x8
150x10

Notes: Had a pretty good workout today. Don't feel sick at all anymore. Tommarow is prom night :) :). Not going to the event itself, but the after parties (oh well..). So I can SURELY forget about my back/biceps workout on saturday because I'm gonna get wasted tommarow night.

gregnb
06-10-2002, 04:13 PM

Diet today: so-so....

Cardio: none

Notes: Welp, last couple days have been so-so. Drank *ALOT* at the after prom party :redface:. Also went out to eat at wendys and today had some junk food like oreos and crap. Oh well.. weight has stayed the same so I'm not worried. Missed my back/biceps workout as well. Looking foward to getting back into cardio. This week I graduate high school YAYAY!!!!!!!, and saturday there's a graduation party going on so I'm probably gonna get wasted again. Oh well, might as well live it up!

heathj
06-10-2002, 05:16 PM
I graduate on Friday! Good luck.

gregnb
06-10-2002, 05:59 PM
Yep same here bro. Good luck to you as well!

gregnb
06-11-2002, 06:37 PM

Workout:

135x8
225x8
250x8

245x6
265x6
275xalmost..

* Almost got the bastard.. looked stupid when it came crashing down :/ someone asked if it was alright i was fine hehe

410x8
540x8
560x8

170x15
190x15

170x8

Notes: Good workout. Finally start work tommarow.. life is good I'm out.

gregnb
06-12-2002, 10:39 AM

Sleep: 8 and a half hours

Notes: Today has been pretty good. Ass is sore as hell!

gregnb
06-15-2002, 10:35 AM

Diet today: In line so far..

Sleep: 9 hours.

225x8
275x8
320x7

* Could've done eight but I felt my heart rate shooting through the roof so I stopped. 3 more reps and I haven't done back in two weeks lol.. I think there's something wrong with me :/

90x8
135x8
180x8

* Went to 180.. had the energy

160x8
175x8

170x8
230x2

215x8
240x8

2 sets of preacher curls at: 20x10 / 40x10

Notes: REAL Good workout.. deads are finally at a respectable amount. FINALLY OUT OF HIGH SCHOOL!! YEAH!!. Went to a party yesterday, but stayed away from drinking! :) :). As for my diet it has been off and on. It'll be in line now that all this graduation crap is over with. Today is the last graduation party I gotta goto so I'm happy that I can finally get into my diet again. Welp that's it..

gregnb
06-16-2002, 07:02 AM

Diet today: Well, at 10pm yesterday I had Chinese :redface:. Oh well, all the graduation crap is over with so now I can get on track :). Diet should be on target today.

Sleep: 8 hours

Notes: Forearms/Traps are very sore.

gregnb
06-19-2002, 10:38 AM

Sleep: 10 Hours

Flat Barbell Bench Presses: 135x8 (warm-up)
160x8
185x2 1 negative

* It's been a month+ since I've done them in my routine so I'm going to start doing them again. My weight has increased since last time plus the problem with my right hand doing most of the work has evened out :)

55x5
60x1

* Pretty worn out after the bb press so I couldn't do as much.

120x8
140x8

50x8
60x4

120x10
150x10

* Ah these are getting boring heh.

Also did some crap on the tricep machine for fun. Totally forgot todo shoulders today now that I'm working out with a partner I guess I wasn't too focused..

Notes: Well, school is finally over with, and I only work weekends which means I have all the time in the world during the week to workout and recover. It's very cool :). Bought some new supplements: Xenadrine, ALA, Usnic acid is in the mail. Going to start taking Usnic Acid w/ Xenadrine stacked with ALA for antioxidant properties. I hope it pays off in the end. Workout went pretty well today.. got a workout partner finally so the volume went up, but I think it'll be ok. I'm out, peace.

MonStar
06-19-2002, 10:40 AM
Notes: Well, school is finally over with, and I only work weekends which means I have all the time in the world during the week to workout and recover. It's very cool :). Bought some new supplements: Xenadrine, ALA, Usnic acid is in the mail. Going to start taking Usnic Acid w/ Xenadrine stacked with ALA for antioxidant properties. I hope it pays off in the end. Workout went pretty well today.. got a workout partner finally so the volume went up, but I think it'll be ok. I'm out, peace.

Yo man whered you get your usnic acid from? I was looking to get some for a long time after Lipokinetix got taken off the market. You think this stuff is any good? I have heard of some insane side effects. Damn though man usnic acid + Xenadrine would probably demolish fat like crazy. :D:D

MS

gregnb
06-19-2002, 10:45 AM
I know someone selling 17 bottles worth (I already purchased 2) which contain 90 caps in a bottle with pills at 250mg of usnic acid in each at $17 a bottle. They're professionally manufactured so it's a pretty good deal. If you want to buy some give me a PM I'll tell ya where to go.

Hehe, ya xena + usnic should be pretty wicked. From what I read Usnic acid isn't too bad at all.

Article:

SAFETY
Hooray for Usnic Acid

(It’s safer than Brussels sprouts!)

Submitted By: Marti Mahaffey, Chief Operating Officer of a Blue Cross/Blue Shield Company

At age 54, my doctor instructed me to lose weight to avoid potential heart and other medical problems. My doctor was emphatic, however, when she told me to avoid weight loss products that were loaded up with ephedra and caffeine stimulants. Usnic acid, recently introduced as a new weight loss supplement, has dramatically caused me to lose weight (40 pounds!!!) on my diet over the last 4 months. This is an accomplishment I have never been able to achieve, even after years in the Weight Watchers program. I feel a little warmer while taking the usnic acid-based supplement, but I get none of the jittery or anxiety side effects that I previously experienced with ma huang and caffeine based diet pills. At my age, I usually do not bother to reply to absurd, or “yellow journalism” statements made by individuals who have made themselves self-proclaimed authorities and/or who have very little knowledge about a subject. I am an active health industry professional and normally do not have the time to argue with such demagogues. However, I am old enough to remember the Sen. Joseph McCarthy Hearings with all the hoopla of “prove you are not evil or a vile communist” and I believe that as individuals we must speak out against obvious smear campaigns intended to inflame an unsuspecting audience, particularly when the smear campaign is based on unsubstantiated statements and, in some cases, clear misstatements of fact and logic. As such, I feel it is necessary to respond to a posting I found on Yahoo entitled “The most dangerous supplement ever sold” by Brock Strasser. Apart from a clearly intense and personal vendetta that Mr. Strasser apparently has for a Dan Duchaine, the thrust of his irrationality is that usnic acid, being an uncoupler, is inherently “vile” and that since usnic acid has been reported (in one article) to be “clastogenic” or effect the “spindle apparatus”, it will cause all sorts of vile maladies such as hip replacements, cancer, and osteoporosis (in the future I suspect Mr. Strasser will imply you will also become an ardent Marxist if you use too much usnic acid!).Let’s look at the facts. Clastogenic effects or effects on the spindle apparatus imply chromosome injury. Does this impress me with the fear? NO. The natural juice extracts from Brussels sprouts, cabbage, cauliflower, kohlrabi, broccoli, turnips, mustards, and horse radish all cause dramatic clastogenic effects, and mutations, based on Ames testing (they are Ames test positive). I guess (at least according to Mr. Strasser) we should immediately stop eating these vegetables (silly, isn’t it?). The above referenced study was published at the prestigious Institute of Tumor Biology and Cancer Research, University of Vienna, Austria and is entitled “Genotoxic effects of crude juices from Brassica vegetables and juices from phytopharmaceutical preparations and spices of cruciferous plants origin in bacterial and mammalian cells,” published in Chem Biol Interact; Vol 102, ISS 1, 1996, pp.1-16.Based on all medical research found in an extensive search of current literature, these vegetables are far worse than usnic acid (a flavonoid). Usnic acid is Ames test negative!! As such, usnic acid is not clastogenic. Further, the spindle apparatus article referred to by Mr. Strasser indicated that when mice were treated with HUGE doses of usnic acid they had a SLIGHT increase in red blood cells, thereby “suggesting” an effect on the spindle apparatus (cell division). The dosage given the mice was approximately 100 times the dosage found in diet supplements. The scientific literature supports the fact that usnic acid will not effect the spindle apparatus if taken in normal quantities. Mr. Strasser also asserts that usnic acid is “vile” because it is an uncoupler and its action is similar to other chemical based uncouplers. Mr. Strasser’s logic then implies that all uncouplers are inherently “vile” (I’m happy I didn’t have the same professor and course in Logic 101 that Brock Strasser enrolled in). Ethanol, the drinking alcohol of which some of us occasionally partake, has a chemical structure of two carbons with a hydroxyl group (CH3 CH2 OH). Methanol, wood alcohol, has only one less carbon atom (CH3 OH) than Ethanol. People feel good and party when they imbibe Ethanol, they go blind when they imbibe Methanol. Enough said about Mr. Strasser’s logic courses and fear tactics— you get the point.Mr. Strasser’s scare tactics are McCarthy’ism at its cheap best. Ms. Mahaffey worked at the White House, was an Assistant Regional Commissioner with the Department of Health and Human Services, and was a Deputy Regional Administrator with the Health Care Financing Administration prior to being employed in senior management roles with several state Blue Cross/Blue Shield organizations.

MonStar
06-19-2002, 10:47 AM
Yeah man Ill shoot you a PM.

Anyway how are you taking it? Like how much how often for how long, etc. From what I have read youre supposed to cycle it.

MS

MonStar
06-19-2002, 01:01 PM
I know someone selling 17 bottles worth (I already purchased 2) which contain 90 caps in a bottle with pills at 250mg of usnic acid in each at $17 a bottle.

Yo man he told me that theyre 125 mg. usnic acid for each cap. 90 caps in each bottle for $17.

How much are you going to be taking each day? I am going to be taking around 1g of usnic acid per day.

Hopefully drop some extra fat.

MS

gregnb
06-19-2002, 02:58 PM
Well, since I want it to work along with my Xenadrine I'm going to work my way up to 625 mgs a day (3 caps in the morning, 2 at lunch). Looking 30 solid days at 625 mg of usnic acid a day with 4 caps of xenadrine a day.

MonStar
06-19-2002, 03:07 PM
gregnb-
When is your usnic acid coming in? I am curious so see how your results are vs. mine. I will be taking 500 mg. per day, 250 mg. twice per day, for around 6 weeks. Hope to drop some fat during this time while still adding strength. Going to be stacking it with either my NYC or EC. Hoping for some awesome results.

My usnic acid will probably be coming in the mail on Friday so I am probably going to my starting my usnic acid on Saturday. Well see what happens. :):)

MS

MonStar
06-19-2002, 03:08 PM
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=30614&highlight=usnic+acid+dosage

Have you checked out this thread over @ BB forums? Its a 2 week trial of 500 mg. usnic acid per day. Guy lost around 3.5 lbs. of pure fat eating maintenace calories with cheat meals. Pretty amazing if you ask me.

MS

gregnb
06-19-2002, 03:11 PM
Ya this stuff is amazing. I can't wait to take it!!!

gregnb
06-20-2002, 08:04 AM

Sleep: 10 hours

Notes: Omg, my delts are so sore didn't even do any real direct work. Barbell benching really hit them bad. Chest/Tri's are very sore as well. Looking to get my 22.5g's of Usnic acid saturday then I have to wait to get my order of ALA before I can start taking it. I wonder what the results will be. From what I see it should be very good.

MonStar
06-20-2002, 10:27 AM
Notes: Looking to get my 22.5g's of Usnic acid saturday then I have to wait to get my order of ALA before I can start taking it. I wonder what the results will be. From what I see it should be very good.

Youre getting 22.5g of usnic acid? How many bottles is that? I am only ordering two bottles. After reading up on it I am going to go with 250 mg. usnic acid twice per day for 6 weeks - just to minimize side-effects and all that. :cool::cool:

MS

MonStar
06-21-2002, 12:19 PM
I got my usnic acid in the mail today - going to be taking 250 mg. of usnic acid twice per day for 6 weeks. Going to post my results in my journal so you can check it out if you like. :):)

MS

gregnb
06-21-2002, 02:16 PM

Sleep: 9 hours.

225x8
275x8
320x10

* Woo! Felt great today.. brought my younger brother into the gym today who wants to get into bodybuilding (he's 14) so it was some good motivation. First time ever deadlifting he did 135x10/165x8, and 180x5 with good form.. I'm pretty impressed. If he continues his training with proper nutrition he could be pretty big before high school is over with.

90x8
135x8
180x5

Lat Pulldowns: 125x12 (warm-up)
160x10
175x10

170x8
230x5

215x8
245x5

* Went up 5lbs this week.

2 sets of preacher curls at: 20x10 / 40x10
2 sets of hammer curls at: 30x10 / 40x10

Notes: Had a great workout today. Showing my brother around the gym, and how todo most movements with correct form had me in a good mood today. Didn't take long to drill into his head that being a curl jockey gets you no where :). I'm pretty happy that he's getting into it, and by the looks of it he likes it very much. Got my Usnic acid in the mail today so soon as I get my shipment of ALA I will start my cycle.

Monstar- Yeah same here bro. I'll check you out with your Usnic acid progress as I hope you will do the same for me :)

MonStar
06-22-2002, 12:59 AM
Monstar- Yeah same here bro. I'll check you out with your Usnic acid progress as I hope you will do the same for me :)

Yeah of course gregnb. Without a doubt.

I am wondering what kind of dosage are you going to be doing? I am stil pondering whether I should to 500 mg. for 6 weeks or 1000 mg. for 3 weeks. Kind of hard for me to decide. I think that with the 500 mg. for 6 weeks it will end up being a lot safer with less side-effects ya know?

MS

gregnb
06-22-2002, 08:00 PM
Supplements taken today: AST multi-vitamin

Diet today: On target... I wish :(

Notes: Welp, had to work 12 hours today! sucked big ass cock 'cause I had to eat sh*t today. It Was alright 'till the end of the day started to rear its ugly head. Had alot of carbs while on break, and later on around 6pm while I was home. Oh well.. I'm pretty sure it'll goto good use since I was pretty busy throughout the day. My back/bi's are TOTALLY sore.. I had a crappy time at working lifting with it being so sore.

Monstar-
I'm working my way up to 625mg of Usnic acid a day for 6 weeks with 1200mg of ALA, and 4 caps of Xenadrine a day. I'm all ready to go, but I still have to wait on the ALA :(.

gregnb
06-23-2002, 06:52 AM

Notes: Well, today shouldn't be too bad.. I only have to work 4 hours so I'm sure my diet will be clean. After I ate those high carb meals I took about 500mg of ALA, (a rip off btw 'cause I bought the one from EAS which is 15$ for 60caps at 100mg of ALA) and today my muscles feel alot fuller. My weight even went down a couple pounds.. weird. Oh well.. hopefully my order for cheaper ALA comes through this week 'cause I'm tired of staring at my Usnic acid bottles :(.

MonStar
06-23-2002, 11:20 AM
Oh well.. hopefully my order for cheaper ALA comes through this week 'cause I'm tired of staring at my Usnic acid bottles :(.

Where is your ALA from?

Haha gotta hand it to ya man I couldnt sit around and look at a supplement bottle knowing it worked well and not take it. ;);)

MS

gregnb
06-23-2002, 12:17 PM
The ALA I'm buying is from some guy I met on bb.com that makes it professionally I guess. His site is http://www.sknutrition.com/ , but it isn't up yet 'till he gets insurance set away with. $24.99 for 180 300mg ALA caps is a great deal to me so I'll wait :) (he should be all set with by the end of this week)

Yeah, it's tuff, but I'd rather have a good liver than rushing into it without any ALA knowing how damaging those free radicals could be :)

gregnb
06-24-2002, 10:27 AM

Notes: Didn't do my leg workout today for the 2nd time in a row because I still have a painful bruise above my left knee. It's almost gone so I'll be ready for next weeks leg workout!

gregnb
06-25-2002, 09:49 AM

Notes: Hm, I wake up VERY tired lately. It's probably because of all the b*tch work I have todo at work. I'm the new guy so I have to go and do pretty much everything (it sucks!). Oh well, extra cardio I guess ;o.

gregnb
06-26-2002, 10:05 AM

Diet today: Crap

Workout: Today was Chest/Tri's

Flat Barbell Bench Presses: 135x8 (warm-up)
160x9
185x3 2 negatives

* Felt so damn weak...

Flat dumbell presses: 40x8 (warm-up)
55x3

120x8
140x5

Dumbbell Triceps Extension: 40x8 (warm-up)
45x5
50x3

120x8
150x5

Notes: Wow! what a shitty workout! I had to goto the gym early today because of work so I didn't have any time to eat anything. I thought I could still pull off a decent workout. Everything went down pretty hard oh well.. I hate work :(.

gregnb
06-27-2002, 05:14 PM

Sleep: 11 Hours (no school, no work.. it's great!)

Notes: Played 3-4 games of basketball out in the 94 degree weather today ;o. My shirt was totally shoaked in sweat hehe..

gregnb
06-28-2002, 11:27 AM

225x8
330x6

* I know I could easily bust out a couple more reps, but I just felt my heartrate shooting through the roof and I knew I had to stop. The pump that I felt on my forearms were so good it started to get painful.. almost like it my skin was going to tear.. dunno never had that happen before. Next time i'm gonna go for 330 for 8 reps hopefully i don't have this problem again

90x8
135x8
190x5

160x10
200x4

* Went for the whole stack :).

170x8
230x6

* Got one more rep this time! That last one was so slow and painful :(

215x8
245x7

* Almost got 8.. should be able to pull it off easy next time..

2 sets of preacher curls at: 20x10 / 50x7

Notes: It was a pretty good workout. First time I ever worked out on a friday during the noon time. Place was freaking packed.. had to wait on a couple things but it was alright (YMCA sucks anyway). I wish my heartrate didn't shoot up so high when I do deads.. feels like im gonna have a heart attack so I stop. It's getting better though.. welp im out.

gregnb
06-29-2002, 08:47 AM

Notes: Hm, not sore at all. Pretty happy about that since I have to work today hehe. I'M GOING CRAZY WAITING ON THE ALA!!:mad: God, I'm about to just start taking the usnic acid lol.

gregnb
06-30-2002, 04:26 PM

Diet today: So-So, had some bread in the morning and some soda in the afternoon.

Sleep: 7 Hours -- Woke up a couple times due to my all so grateful drunken father lol.

Notes: Had to work 11 hours today plus had to goto some stupid meeting. I'm pretty tired. Time to goto bed :/

gregnb
07-01-2002, 11:35 AM

135x12
225x12
250x10

Squats (Ass to Floor): 105x10 (warm-up)
245x8
265x5

* Think I had two more reps in me. Gonna work my way back up to my previous PB of 270x3..

410x8
540x8
560x5

170x10
190x10
200x10

170x8
180x5

Notes: Had a really great workout today! Haven't done legs in a couple weeks and I was pretty happy to finally be able todo it again. Now I gotta get a quick nap in before work..

gregnb
07-02-2002, 03:50 PM

Diet today: Eh, off track.. had pasta a couple times today and a cup of OJ.

Notes: Well, finally the person sent out the ALA order so it should be here tommarow so doing a high carb day today wasn't such a bad idea. Can't wait to start using the Usnic acid :)

gregnb
07-03-2002, 11:09 AM

50x8
60x8

* My workout partner couldn't workout today so I did some db work.

Smith Machine Shoulder Press: 105x12 (warm-up)
135x8
150x3

120x8
140x5

55x8
60x8

Tricep cable pushdowns: 100x12 (warm-up)
130x12
150x12

Notes: Weight didn't go up at all after that refeed yesterday! Think my metabolism is running really high these days. Had a pretty quick workout, wasn't bad.. wish my partner could've came. It was funny though because my friend came in with some pretty boy in a wife beater and I guess he was supposed to show her how to workout. They went ahead and did squats and he had 135 on but he was just doing a slight little bend and so I had to go and put 275 on show how todo a real mans squat ATF! :redface:.

MonStar
07-03-2002, 11:15 AM
Still not started the usnic acid yet gregnb? Whats taking the ALA so long?

MS

gregnb
07-03-2002, 11:19 AM
It was sent express yesterday yet it's going to take 4-6 days.. (Me thinks Me got ripped off!)

gregnb
07-04-2002, 08:45 AM

Diet today: Oh boy, I can't wait! today is like the perfect day for low-carbing.. all those hamburgers mmmmm

Notes: Chest/Tri's a bit sore.. today is the 4th so it should be fun !

gregnb
07-05-2002, 10:52 AM

225x8
330x8 WERD!

* Got 8 this time but after I put down that last one my face was f*cking red as f*ck and my hr was through the roof. I thought i was gonna pass out :(. God damn I hate that ****!

90x8
135x8
190x3

160x10
200x4

170x8
230x3

215x8
265x5

* Went with 35's at the end this time..

2 sets of preacher curls at: 20x10 / 50x10

Notes: Workout was ok. Think I was heart attack bound after that dead session heh.

gregnb
07-08-2002, 09:50 PM

135x12
225x12
250x12

245x8
265x6
270x2

* Woop, didn't take long. I think I could've got out another rep or two but it would be stupid todo without a spotter!

410x8
540x8
560x8

* Gonna bump the weight up next time

170x12
190x12

170x8
180x8

Notes: Workout was ok.. getting my squats back up! FINALLY GOT MY DAMN ALA TODAY$#*!@ 130caps at 500mg each! :)

My usnic acid cycle starts tommarow and it's going to look like this:

Pre-cardio: 2 caps of xenadrine
2 caps of Usnic acid (250mg)
500mg of ALA after first meal (I don't think it'll be too smart to take something that draws sugar away from bloodstream when I'm in a depleted state in the morning so I'll wait till I eat something)

Lunch: 2 caps of xenadrine
2 caps of Usnic Acid (250mg)
500mg ALA

total: 4 caps of xenadrine / 500mg Usnic Acid / 1000mg ALA
I plan to run this for 30 solid days.. hope the results are good.

peace.

gregnb
07-09-2002, 08:02 AM
Supplements taken today: AST multi-vitamin / glutamine 1(10 grams)x3 / 250mg Usnic Acidx2 / Xenadrine 2 capsx2 / 500mg ALAx2

Diet today: On Target

Sleep: 9 hours

Notes: Wow! I've never felt so hot after cardio lol. I'm sweating really bad and I never usually do :D

gregnb
07-10-2002, 11:37 AM
Supplements taken today: AST multi-vitamin / glutamine 1(10 grams)x3 / 250mg Usnic Acidx2 / Xenadrine 2 capsx2 / 500mg ALAx2

Sleep: 8 hours.. woke up at 5am with my bed sheet totally drenched in sweat!!!

50x8
65x3

* Bumped the weight up to 65

40x8
45x8

* Tried to go for the 50 but when I was bringing the weight up I just couldn't get my left hand to bring it up totally in the air so I had to call it quits on that.

120x8
140x8

55x8
65x5

* Bumped the weight up

130x12
150x13

Notes: Noticed a bit of strength increase.. probably due to the the fact that I'm on Xenadrine again. Woke up with a headache so that's one side effect so far with Usnic acid besides the sweating! Already down 4lbs though.. probably water weight. I feel weird popping all these pills :confused:.. my mom walked in my me yesterday when I took out everything I needed for my second dosage of the day and said "I hope those are all vitamins!" :p

MonStar
07-10-2002, 11:53 AM
Just noticed the start of usnic acid man. How is it working out for you so far? Feeling hot when you wake up etc.? Thats the first side effect I noticed.

gregnb
07-10-2002, 11:57 AM
Ya I feel so much hotter during the day. Yesterday I was sweating with the central AC on lol. It's bad during work when I have to actually do sh*t.. the simpliest **** makes me sweat bad. I bet people think I'm a freak :D

MonStar
07-10-2002, 12:01 PM
Ya I feel so much hotter during the day. Yesterday I was sweating with the central AC on lol. It's bad during work when I have to actually do sh*t.. the simpliest **** makes me sweat bad. I bet people think I'm a freak :D

Yeah man same here. Everyone in the room will be cold and Ill be burning up. Kinda wierd.

Originally posted in gregnb's signature
Goals:
Flat Barbell Bench Press: 225x5
Deadlift: 405x5
Squats(Ass to Floor): 315x5
Barbell Shrugs: 315x5

:eek::eek: Nice strength man!! How much do you weigh again? Full ROM deads with 405 for 5 is awesome strength goal man. Same for the squats. ATF squats with 315 for 5 would be incredible. When do you plan on achieving these goals?

gregnb
07-10-2002, 12:06 PM
Well, I'm around 233 right now give or take down from like uh I think 320 or so a year+ ago. I'm hoping to get a digital camera soon and a scanner so I can post some progress pics( I MEAN CHRIST I WORK AT STAPLES HOW COULD I NOT HOOK THAT UP? LOL) ... looking at my school yearbook picture where I'm around 290 or so scares the crap outa me. It's a huge change lol.

As for the goals.. ehh I don't really care when I hit them aslong as I do. I don't like to have any set dates :)

gregnb
07-11-2002, 12:04 PM

Notes: Everything is sore! I feel so sh*tty today :( Gonna bump up my fat intake hopefully I'll feel better..

MonStar
07-11-2002, 02:38 PM
Notes: Everything is sore! I feel so sh*tty today :( Gonna bump up my fat intake hopefully I'll feel better..

I remember having my carbs really low on NHE - damn was I ever sore holy f*cking sh*t. I remember the day after a leg day I could hardly walk up and down stairs.

gregnb
07-12-2002, 11:56 AM

Deadlifts: 135x12 (warm-up)
225x8
340x3

* Bumped up the weight and omg were these hard! I tried going for another rep but just dropped the weight..

90x8
135x8
190x5

160x10
200x4 and 1/2.. so close

170x8
220x6

215x8
265x8

* Man I really wanted to hit 8 this time around so I didn't punk out when my skin started to tear real bad and it paid off! My hands are completely owned but whatever!

2 sets of preacher curls at: 30x10 / 60x5

Notes: Good overall workout. Down a total of 8lbs since I started Usnic acid ! heh.. it's getting a little scary but I think most of it is water weight. I'm getting kind of depressed off the Xenadrine which is what happened last time when I took it. No I don't plan on slicing my wrists yet!

gregnb
07-13-2002, 08:33 AM

Sleep: 11 hours

Notes: Back/Bi's are very sore today. Seems like today is going to be a very boring day like yesterday. Thinking about buying an mp3 player so I can actually listen to some motivating music while I'm at the gym.. anyone who actually reads this journal know of any mp3 players that are pretty good and sell for a reasonable price?

Ha, this is great: http://www.jokeornot.com/gallery/threepol.jpg

MonStar
07-13-2002, 11:22 AM
Any noticeable side effects from the usnic acid yet?

gregnb
07-13-2002, 11:52 AM
Some people reported rashes and whatnot, but thus far all I've been getting that could be shot under the side effects catagory is: Sweating, headaches off and on. It's been pretty good so far :)

gregnb
07-14-2002, 08:13 AM

Cardio: Didn't feel like it.

Notes: Welp, nothing special going on. Back/bi's healed up.. not feeling sore at all. Just remembered my birthday is coming this month w00t.

gregnb
07-14-2002, 10:40 AM
Finally bought a digi cam yay! put up my progress pics here: http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16663

peace.

gregnb
07-15-2002, 10:53 AM
Supplements taken today: AST multi-vitamin / glutamine 1(10 grams)x3 / 250mg Usnic Acidx2 / Xenadrine 2 capsx2 / 500mg ALAx2 / prolab protein shake

135x8
250x8
260x8

* OMFG! they got a new calf-raise machine that actually will allow me to add some more weight!

245x8
265x5
270x4

* BAM beat my old PB for squats! I think I had another in me, but yet again my training partner couldn't make since he was out drinking! :alcoholic:

410x8
540x8
580x5

* Bumped up the weight.. felt a real good burn on these.

170x12
210x8

* That last set was so hard from the start! my back started to come off the machine a little towards the end :(.

Cable Side Bends:

Forgotem.

Notes: Pretty good workout. Happy about the squats! and also about the comments I got on here about my pictures. Looking at pictures from before has given me more motivation to continue.

gregnb
07-16-2002, 09:00 AM

Cardio: Didn't feel like it.

Notes: Sweating more so than ever! I got the AC running on high and I'm still sweating :eek:

MonStar
07-16-2002, 09:50 AM
Supplements taken today: 250mg Usnic Acidx2

Notes: Sweating more so than ever! I got the AC running on high and I'm still sweating :eek:

Haha yeah man this sounds about right. :D:D

gregnb
07-17-2002, 11:49 AM
Supplements taken today: AST multi-vitamin / glutamine 1(10 grams)x3 / 250mg Usnic Acidx2 / Xenadrine 2 capsx2 / 500mg ALAx2 / prolab protein shake

Flat Barbell Bench press: 135x12 (warm-up)
160x8
185x4

* Up two reps!

50x8
60x5

* Very happy to get 5 with 60 after doing a couple sets of bench.

40x8
45x5

* Down a bit..

120x8
140x7

55x8
65x6

130x10
150x10

Notes: Had a really good workout. Used anger as fuel for the workout :). Still sweating like a bastard from the Usnic acid. I see the veins on my hand coming out a bit more.

gregnb
07-18-2002, 08:52 AM

Notes: Chest/Shoulders is a bit sore, but it's nothing compared to how sore my tri's are. Today looks like a nice day.. think I'll go out and play a couple games of basketball.

gregnb
07-19-2002, 12:54 PM

225x8
340x4

*Got another rep this time around. Think I had more in me, but I see an upcoming problem. My grip is getting worse and worse as I go up in weight. It's going to become a major factor soon. I think I'm going to purchase some chalk and see how much that helps..

90x8
135x8

160x10
200x5

170x8
230x5

215x8
275x5

* Real good set of shrugs.. I feel like my strength is just exploding these days with them as opposed to my plateau with them before.

2 sets of preacher curls at: 55x10 / 75x5

* Found out the ez curl bar weighs 15lbs!

Notes: Real good workout! Tonight a bunch of my friends are going to see the anger management tour (featuring Eminem, ludacris, etc..) . Wish I got my tickets earlier because I'm f*cked now... can't get any :(. In 10 days I turn 18.. WoOHOO!!!

Blood&Iron
07-19-2002, 03:34 PM
Just took a look at your pics. Congratulations; you've made an incredible transformation.

gregnb
07-19-2002, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by Blood&Iron
Just took a look at your pics. Congratulations; you've made an incredible transformation.

Thanks for the comments bro! It's nice to see someone besides Ironman read my journal ;)

gregnb
07-20-2002, 11:37 AM

Notes: Takin' it easy today. Just thinking about the party I'm gonna throw when my parents leave on vacation for a week :). Hope my house doesn't get too trashed. I'm gonna take a week off from training that week and just party it up everyday.

MonStar
07-21-2002, 08:22 AM
170x8
230x5

Curious man what does your compound rowing machine look like? I do something similiar but theyre called incline lever rows. Works great for hitting your lats hard though.

gregnb
07-21-2002, 08:36 AM

Notes: Ah, what a boring day. Got a haircut though!

Monstar- I just use the machine as a finisher.. here is what the machine looks like:
This (http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/BackGeneral/LVSeatedRow.html)

MonStar
07-21-2002, 08:38 AM
Okay gregnb, thanks man. Just curious. I used to use a rowing machine like that at my old gym - got my lats extremely sore especially in my midback area.

gregnb
07-21-2002, 11:15 AM
I don't get much off them. Only thing that gets my back sore are deadlifts..

gregnb
07-30-2002, 07:04 AM
Not going to train this whole week. Forgot to post my workouts from last week.

God, I've been getting blasted for the past two days now and VERY HEAVILY yesterday since it was my birthday. Today I'm throwing another party then one more after today lol. I've been eating complete **** but whatever. First time I've really cheated in the summer for days so it's all good. Feel like a bitch though.. can't hold as much liquor as I used to lol. Welp, back to drinking!

gregnb
07-31-2002, 09:07 AM
Welp the binging/partying is all over with today. Started eating clean! Feels good, but I still have a hangover.

gregnb
08-01-2002, 11:55 AM

160x8
185x4 - 1 negative

* Started to use a really wide grip and it made things alot harder. Although now I don't tire out as much as before probably because my chest does more work now instead of my tri's.

50x8
60x7

* Up a bit I think..

40x8
50x5 - 2 negatives

* Uped the weight and it was VERY had.

120x8
140x8

Skullcrushers: 35x12 (warm-up)
65x8
70x6 - 2 negative

* My tri's aren't growing at all. I finally decided to drop french presses for a while and start doing these from now on. I finally got a pump from my tri's... it was crazy.

130x8
140x8

* Couldn't do 150.. just so beat from the skullcrushers..

Notes: Feeling a bit weak from all the drinking that went on the past couple days. Said I would take the rest of the week off but I can't stand sitting around home doing nothing. Feels good to be back to low-carbing.. I don't feel bloated anymore. Took a pic today I think I look alot more bloated but it'll go away soon hopefully.

http://home.attbi.com/~gregnb/gregn2.JPG

gregnb
08-02-2002, 06:38 PM

225x8
340x6

*Real good set.

90x8
180x5

Lat Pulldowns: machine was busted

170x8
230x7

215x8
275x8

2 sets of preacher curls at: 55x10 / 75x7

Notes: Had an interesting day at the gym today. Some kid asked me if I played for the local high school football team minutes after I came in the room. Turns out after I talked to him his name was Justise Hairston and he was going to ohio state or something I guess he's really good at football because he's on espn's top 25 college recruit list. Then some older guy gave me a chart of approximate maxes for deadlifts while I was resting in between sets. Otherwise, I had a real productive session.

MonStar
08-03-2002, 01:06 AM
170x8
230x7

Nice rowing strength greg. Keep up the journal everything is looking good, right on track. How is the fat-loss with the usnic acid coming along?

gregnb
08-03-2002, 07:28 AM
Ya it has gone up big time ever since I started doing deadlifts. I remember when I could do no more than 130 for 3 on that machine 6 months ago. As for the Usnic acid I took a little break I have 3 more weeks left so after it's done I'll have to see how much I lost.

gregnb
08-03-2002, 02:16 PM

Notes: *yawn*

gregnb
08-04-2002, 03:44 PM

Sleep: 8 hours

Notes: Went out camping yesterday for a bit. Had a couple shots of grain and I feel like **** today. I wish people I knew would stop buying it..

gregnb
08-12-2002, 12:25 PM
Damn, I haven't wrote in this for a while but anyway.. the training has gone well so far. I was gonna take a week off before, but I ended up training back and chest back to back that week and the following week (last week) I felt very sluggish all week. My lifts went down BIG time. When I went to go perform deadlifts I couldn't even get 315x2 so I knew then it was time for a break so this week I'm going to be truly off. On the other hand I finally had my graduation party and it was pretty fun. I racked up $3,200 :) :).

My Usnic acid cycle finished yesterday and the results so far:

Total time: 30 days / 250mg Usnic acid 2x a day coupled with 500mg ALA / 2x Xenadrine a day

~16 lbs lost
~5-6 inches off the waist
I look more vascular.
An overall better look appearance wise

I hear there is a sort of water drop after you stop taking it as well so I hope that happens. It was very hard to deal with the sweating at times.. especially at work! I'm glad it's over!

heathj
08-12-2002, 12:32 PM
$3200? Holy ****...that is a lot...I got about $800...

gregnb
08-12-2002, 12:37 PM
Ya, with food and everything the party costed us about $1,500. I had close to 81 people.. it was a really good time.

MonStar
08-12-2002, 01:17 PM
$3200 for your graduation? :eek::eek:

I got about $1200 I would say. Something like that.

gregnb
08-15-2002, 06:45 PM
Supplements taken today: AST multi-vitamin / glutamine 1(5 grams)x2

Diet today: Didn't eat much. College crap took so f00king long!

Notes: Wow, what a boring ass day. I spent all day picking college classes. I'm pretty late so I got f*cked over on the english/chemistry. I won't be able to take them this term oh well. I have 15 credits so I guess it's good enough for now. Looks like I can work around training just fine. On mon./wed. I only gotta be in class from 8am - 10am so I can train in the afternoon with my partner around 4pm. Then I have friday off so I can train whenever. Visited my buddy at the campus library 'cause I guess he can hook me up with a job there. That would be pretty sweet because I could finish my homework while I'm working, and it would surely beat staples lol. Otherwise I can't wait to start working out again next week! Only good side of college I see so far is that EVERY GIRL IS HOT! yeesh! :D

gregnb
08-16-2002, 08:35 AM
Supplements taken today: AST multi-vitamin / glutamine 1(5 grams)x2

Notes: Hm, woke up a bit tired. Diet should be solid since I don't have to sit around in some stupid classroom picking classes all day long. Need to drop this application off at the campus library.. that job would be pretty sweet.

gregnb
08-21-2002, 11:14 AM
Monday:

135x8
260x5

245x8
265x3

* Down a Bit on squats.

360x8
450x5

* Down.

170x12
210x10

Cable Side Bends: 70x12 (warm-up)
140x5

Notes: I Felt pretty good on leg day. Expected to be down a bit oh well. I think I'm going to start doing Squats first starting next leg day.

==============================================

Today:

160x5
185x4 - 2 negative

* Feeling weaker..

Flat dumbell presses: 35x12 (warm-up)
45x8
55x2

* Down big time

40x5
50x2

* Down.

120x8
140x8

* Stayed the same with this I think.

Skullcrushers:

* Didn't have a spot todo these today.

130x10
140x10

Notes: My lifts have gone down a bit. It's probably because I'm losing muscle I mean I know it's going to occur anyway, but I'm just gonna keep going heavy. My deads took a big hit before I took my week break so I hope I don't take too much of a hit on the deadlifts.

On another note school starts next wed. and I have to buy books tommarow. My pass to the Y expired so I had to take up their college offer which is $120 for 6 months.. not too bad.

gregnb
09-27-2002, 09:27 AM
Well, I haven't kept up with this at all in a while. Been so busy with college, but I like it alot. Sure beats high school. My training is still going pretty well. It's been kinda lax lately since I started taking in some more carbs because exam time is up and I can't afford the brainfog.

My lifts have gone up though from this:

Flat Barbell Bench Press: 185x4
Deadlift: 340x6
Squats(Ass to Floor): 270x4
Barbell Shrugs: 275x8

To this:

Current lifts:
Flat Barbell Bench Press: 205x6
Deadlift: 360x4
Squats(Ass to Floor): 300x3
Barbell Shrugs: 315x5

Managed to hit my goals for Shrugs so I'm prety happy about that.

My bench seemed to go up 20lbs in two weeks after being at 185 for what seemed to be forever. I don't know maybe it was the carbs. When I was low carbing everything but chest was progressing so not that much of a change when I added carbs in.

gregnb
10-16-2002, 03:38 PM
Wow, almost hitting my goal for my bench press :) :). I got 225x3 today. I felt like God after I walked out (I don't care if you think it's corny :) ). Once I get 5 I think my new goal is 275x5. Everything is going along pretty well..

Comparison pics:

Before (sept last year):

http://home.attbi.com/~gregnb/before.jpg

2nd before (maybe around late may/start of june):

http://home.attbi.com/~gregnb/haircut.JPG

Today:

http://home.attbi.com/~gregnb/jacket.JPG

I can't see much of a difference between the one in the summer and the one now but people tell me I look different so it's all good.

gregnb
10-20-2002, 08:48 PM
Ah, finally made my mind up. I'm gonna get back into writing in my journal and give up drinking for a bit. It's gotten outa hand now that I'm in college. It's effecting my progress as far as cutting. Here is what I look like today so hopefully I can look back in a couple months and see a difference.

Diet: It's still the same.. low-carb with carb-ups every 2-3 weeks.

Supplements: multi-vitamin, whey protein.

Cardio: When I can wake up in time for morning cardio.

Training: Same routine with some changes here and there..

back: it's starting to look a little better.. I think
http://home.attbi.com/~gregnb/back.JPG

side:
http://home.attbi.com/~gregnb/side.JPG

calfs:
http://home.attbi.com/~gregnb/calves.JPG

gregnb
10-21-2002, 06:47 PM
Supplements taken today: AST multi-vitamin / glutamine 1(10 grams)x3 / Xenadrine 2 capsx2 / prolab protein shake

Sleep: 7 Hours

Cardio: too tired

245x6
300x5

Stiff-legged deads (started doing these to build my hams up): 135x12
225x8
295x5

* God, these are so freaking hard..

Seated Calf-raises: 90x15 (warm-up)
135x15
260x15

Ab crunches on decline bench:
20xbw
10xbw+25lbs
6xbw+35lbs

Notes: Squats are coming along nicely. My hamstrings hurt like hell after last week thanks to sldl. Never did them before but I can tell they're going to be a good exercise to keep. All this damn homework is keeping me busy as hell in college.. been doing labs all day it's finally nice to take a break.

gregnb
10-22-2002, 06:09 PM
Supplements taken today: AST multi-vitamin / glutamine 1(5 grams)x2 / Xenadrine 2 capsx2

Cardio: Too tired.. gonna do it tommarow no matter what!

Notes: What else but more homework :(