Fighter_15
04-21-2009, 08:07 PM
Tomorrow is my ME Bench day. I was going to do

2 board press work up to max 1

4 board press work up to max 5

Elbow out extensions 3x15

Chest Supported Rows 3x10

Face Pulls 3x15

Dumbell Press 3x8. I'm kind of thinking doing these presses will be doing to much. What do you guys think?

BBShort
04-21-2009, 08:14 PM
Yeah, I think you've got it right. Skip the db presses more isn't always better. If you have a DE day you might throw them in there if you need to.

vdizenzo
04-21-2009, 08:28 PM
What he ^ said!

Fighter_15
04-21-2009, 08:38 PM
Sounds good, thanks.

MarcusWild
04-21-2009, 11:24 PM
Where do you miss at? If you miss off the chest, then I'd do the dumbbells. If you miss near lockout, then do the 4-bd. Basically, pick exercise that work your weaknesses and/or you suck at doing.

barbell01
04-30-2009, 10:30 AM
skip the d-bell presses, DE day is bottom end work, upper back is bottom end work. dumbell presses are good but save them for de day and don't over do them. i mix in illegal wide grips on flat and decline occasionally on de day. I would also try to do more full range movements if you are gonna do a 4 board. example-full range rev. band press for 1rm then 4 brd 5rm no bands.... i just don't see the point of running 2br and then 4 brd. as they are only 3inch difference.. if you do decide to run 2 and then 4 brd. atleast switch grips......

Fighter_15
04-30-2009, 06:29 PM
skip the d-bell presses, DE day is bottom end work, upper back is bottom end work. dumbell presses are good but save them for de day and don't over do them. i mix in illegal wide grips on flat and decline occasionally on de day. I would also try to do more full range movements if you are gonna do a 4 board. example-full range rev. band press for 1rm then 4 brd 5rm no bands.... i just don't see the point of running 2br and then 4 brd. as they are only 3inch difference.. if you do decide to run 2 and then 4 brd. atleast switch grips......

I got the 2 board then 4 board from Westside Barbell Book of methods....

barbell01
04-30-2009, 07:09 PM
rite on, but if you ask louie now, he would probobly tell you to do more full range movements, i think........

barbell01
04-30-2009, 07:10 PM
maybe travis bell should chime in....thats where he trains..

Rob Luyando
05-01-2009, 07:52 AM
OK my 2 cents..........
I train slightly different from a lot of people. But then I am slightly different. I don't call training days ME or DE or what ever initials you guys use. I don't follow West Side, Militia, or who ever else has a template. I just do what I need to do.

For sake of argument my Chest day is always my heavy day. When working for strength with equipment I warm up raw with the sets looking like this barx12x2, ??x10, ??x8, ??x5, ??x2, ??x2 or 1 then I throw my shirt on 3,2,1 brd work usually try to do 6-8 sets in a shirt doubles or singles depending on my mood and where I am at in my training cycle. Now call me a pussy but when I am done with my shirt work my body is usually fried so I will pick one assitance exercise and do 3 to 4 sets to failure and thats my day.

OK now on my assitance day or tri-cep day I do lock outs raw with 4 & 5 brds I warm up full range for 2 sets of 12 and then go right to a 4 brd.and usually do 6 sets of tripples to a 4 brd. Once I hit a wall and can't get a tripple I jump to a 5 brd and do 1 or 2 sets of tripples. Then I do my speed work with either bands or chains usually 4 to 5 sets of 5 reps. After that I pick 2 tri-cep exercises and do @ 4 sets of each exercises.

So as you see I train heavy both days and then throw in a little speed. This works for me but like I said I may be a little different. nd I also have a leg day, back day, Shoulder day, and Bicep & Forearm day.

barbell01
05-01-2009, 09:08 AM
that is alot of volume rob, it obviously works for you. how often do you deload? every 4th week or just when you feel like it?

bill
05-01-2009, 09:41 AM
OK my 2 cents..........
I train slightly different from a lot of people. But then I am slightly different. I don't call training days ME or DE or what ever initials you guys use. I don't follow West Side, Militia, or who ever else has a template. I just do what I need to do.

For sake of argument my Chest day is always my heavy day. When working for strength with equipment I warm up raw with the sets looking like this barx12x2, ??x10, ??x8, ??x5, ??x2, ??x2 or 1 then I throw my shirt on 3,2,1 brd work usually try to do 6-8 sets in a shirt doubles or singles depending on my mood and where I am at in my training cycle. Now call me a pussy but when I am done with my shirt work my body is usually fried so I will pick one assitance exercise and do 3 to 4 sets to failure and thats my day.

OK now on my assitance day or tri-cep day I do lock outs raw with 4 & 5 brds I warm up full range for 2 sets of 12 and then go right to a 4 brd.and usually do 6 sets of tripples to a 4 brd. Once I hit a wall and can't get a tripple I jump to a 5 brd and do 1 or 2 sets of tripples. Then I do my speed work with either bands or chains usually 4 to 5 sets of 5 reps. After that I pick 2 tri-cep exercises and do @ 4 sets of each exercises.

So as you see I train heavy both days and then throw in a little speed. This works for me but like I said I may be a little different. nd I also have a leg day, back day, Shoulder day, and Bicep & Forearm day.
'

Rob do you keep a journal anywhere?

Rob Luyando
05-01-2009, 05:12 PM
Just keeping a paper log for now till i decide where and when I want to post a log. Have a few things in the works. As for Deloading when I am training in a shirt I will deload about every 4 weeks on on my shirted day. I don't back down my 2nd day.

Fighter_15
05-03-2009, 05:32 PM
How do you deload?

jbrin0tk
05-03-2009, 05:59 PM
Deload basically means "take it easy." Just do some light sets of 5 with flat benching, back off on the accessory work a bit. That's just an example. You could do other things instead. It's an opportunity to give your body a break.

BFGUITAR
05-03-2009, 07:00 PM
Question.

Why generally are accessory work for back and shoulders done with high volume for westside?

barbell01
05-04-2009, 09:40 AM
because it is ASSISTANCE WORK. last i checked there wasen't any barbell row competitions.

barbell01
05-04-2009, 09:47 AM
you should research deload on your computer, there is many ways to "deload" depending on how your body feels. i usually deload by taking a week off my heavy lifts but continue to train my assistance work. this gives your joints a break and signifigantly lowers your workload without shorting yourself on gym time.

Rob Luyando
05-04-2009, 02:30 PM
Everyone deloads different. When I am training in a shirt I just work upto 150 lbs shy of my best lift. For me that is enough to give my body a break. Now that I have been training all raw when my body feels like it needs a deload I just skip take a day off.

bencher8
05-04-2009, 02:48 PM
a little different? thats an understatement..

i would say it sounds like you are bb'ing with a chest day, shoulder day, but after hearing how much you eat..you are a 275 powerlifter for sure! lol You are gonna make a comeback in the 308...

vdizenzo
05-04-2009, 04:08 PM
Deload grrrrrrrrr. Most lifters don't have to think about deloading until they have trained heavy for five years straight. A deload for someone in the beginning stages of heavy training is if they have a wedding, funeral, graduation, etc. on a training day and have to skip it. When I hear/read about some guys deloading I want to puke. Get strong--then deload! That's the truth and I'm just the ********* to say it.

Fighter_15
05-05-2009, 10:43 AM
Alright thanks for all the replies.

Rob Luyando
05-05-2009, 12:18 PM
Deload grrrrrrrrr. Most lifters don't have to think about deloading until they have trained heavy for five years straight. A deload for someone in the beginning stages of heavy training is if they have a wedding, funeral, graduation, etc. on a training day and have to skip it. When I hear/read about some guys deloading I want to puke. Get strong--then deload! That's the truth and I'm just the ********* to say it.

Vincent your are right I ddin't start doing a deload until u get strong. I didn't strt deloading until about a year ago. Main thing is to listen to your body