PDA

View Full Version : Summer Conditioning & Agility workouts for College Football player

wissfootball31
04-22-2009, 11:07 AM
I have a sled, a Shaw 360 band thingy, lots of medicine balls and cones. My friend and I are both going to be sophomores in collge next year. Both of us play Div 1-AA football for different schools. While we both have programs from our respective schools for the summer, were trying to push ourselves that extra bit. We're open to any suggestions or ideas.

AJL11
04-22-2009, 11:28 AM
1. You should do everything possible to stay with your teamates during the summers so you can train with the team. In most cases you will get a lot more our of your training that way.

2. Talk with your strength coach to see if he feels you need any extra work.....More is not always better.....

UcfFootball07
04-26-2009, 01:58 PM
You should take Aj's advice and def. talk with your strength coach, he can help you out alot, and also try and stay with your team during workouts especially the skill specific voluntary/mandatory workouts. It will help alot after my sophmore year in high school, after I started doing these things I havent looked back since. Also dont be afraid to find someone that you want to be as big as, and workout with them in the evening( seeing as your in college this is usually the only free time you have to put in extra work) they will make you push yourself and you will see yourself improving a great deal.

coachjburk
05-20-2009, 06:45 AM
no doubt that if possible workout with team during summer; the accountability, chemistry, supervision and competitive atmosphere is second to none