PDA

View Full Version : my grocery list. advice please...

wannab250
04-22-2009, 03:34 PM
here is what was on my list at the store today tell me what i need to throw out and what i need to add to my list. this is for 2-3 weeks generally

3 gals 1% milk
pulp free real orange juice
alot of bottled water
big carton of eggs
2% cottage cheese big one
blended shredded cheese
swiss cheese slices
big thing of plain peanuts
peanut butter
fiber plus bars from kellogs (crappy?)-other ways to get fiber?
protein granola bars from quaker (crappy?)
canned mixed vegatables (switch to only real veggies?)
canned peas
3 cans of chilli nalleys brand (crappy?)
3 cans of chicken noodle soup proggreso light(crappy?)
loaf of wheat bread
4 low fat yogurts yoplai? (crappy?)
2 boxes of no sugar added applesauce
apples
bananas
lettuce
bag of broccoli
bag of carrots
salary
3 tysons pre trimmed chicken breasts 1.3lbs each
2 lean ground beef 1 lb each
1.5 lbs of deli peppered turkey
plain oatmeal
cheerios regular
marinade for chicken

this all i can think of at the moment i will add more if i recall other stuff. please advise other things i am missing and things that i should erase from my diet as this is generally my shopping list. thanks for your help guys. ps my goal is to stay pretty lean. im at about 10% as is.

Mercuryblade
04-22-2009, 03:49 PM
You need more fresh fruit/veggies.
I know, its a pain because a lot of stuff spoils, but sometimes in the freezing process/canning process some of the beneficial compounds present in fresh produce get destroyed.
I usually go do a big shopping trip every 2-3 weeks, and then once a week I'll go do a produce-only run that takes about 20 minutes.

J.C.
04-22-2009, 05:05 PM
In the stickies there is a great grocery list. Print that off and stick it on your fridge.

I'd say your wasting money on bottled water unless the area has very low quality water.

wannab250
04-22-2009, 05:29 PM
i mainly only buy bottled water for convenience for my work. drink good water at home from the fridge.