PDA

View Full Version : sick foods?

eriatarka01
04-22-2009, 08:39 PM
alright so for the past few days i've been pretty ill with two ear infections and a sinus infection. unfortunately, I've had a quite difficult time eating much of anything and that's just half of the battle. when i manage to stomach the process of chewing and swallowing I have an equally difficult time refraining from vomiting. so what i'm getting at is what kinds of food do you guys eat when you have zero appetite and trouble holding food down due to illness? i'd like to go into damage control mode because i have definitely been at a caloric deficit the past few days while simultaneously being deprived of "gobs" of protein. any suggestions?

VikingWarlord
04-22-2009, 08:53 PM
Eat clean. Raw fruits and vegetables with plenty of leafy greens, drink a lot of green/chamomile/peppermint tea that's either unsweetened or with a natural sweetener like honey or maple syrup. Moreover, just chill. A few days isn't going to do any real damage.

dlew
04-22-2009, 10:18 PM
As a dad, we used the BRAT diet when my kids were having stomach issues: Bananas, Rice, Applesauce and Toast. We also gave them Pedialite but a good sports drink should provide nearly the same results.

given'er
04-23-2009, 12:10 PM
As a dad, we used the BRAT diet when my kids were having stomach issues: Bananas, Rice, Applesauce and Toast. We also gave them Pedialite but a good sports drink should provide nearly the same results.

Thats awesome lol. Never heard of the "BRAT" acronym befor. Pedialite does wonders for them when they're dehydrated. I'll have to remember this the next time my kids are sick.

VikingWarlord
04-23-2009, 12:35 PM

The OP said it was a sinus/ear infection. The nausea is a side effect of that, not a stomach problem.

eriatarka01
04-23-2009, 12:53 PM
The OP said it was a sinus/ear infection. The nausea is a side effect of that, not a stomach problem.

Yeah, this is more of what I was trying to say. thanks to everyone for the advice though, all of it has been beneficial.:clap:

jonesy308
05-21-2009, 06:52 AM