PDA

View Full Version : The return of the burn!

Mathillas
04-23-2009, 12:45 AM
This is my first time on this site. I've been out of the gym for some time now, almost five years. So I left the military in phenominal shape and had a pretty decent build as well.

So life happened. I got married and now have a job where I work the graveyard shift. To make a long story short. I was 5'10 195 lbs. now I blew up to a heinous 315lbs!!!!

I started going back to the gym a little over a month ago. I've been using an EC stack to keep my appetite under control and of course, lose some weight. I dropped down to 275lbs. I used my first month to get my form back. I used pretty low weight and kept the cardio up. Now I feel I've gotten my form back and feel safe adding some weight to the routines and want to get back into the 300 club.

I used to use the old school EC stack with Nitro & Cell-tech stack. It worked for me back when I was 25, but now I'm 30. So I bought my old nitro tech protein, anabolic halo and NOshotgun v3. I didn't really check any forums before, but after reading this site's forum I probably won't dish out the cash for muscletech products again. Now I don't know if its muscle memory or 'muscletech', but in the week and a half I have been using those supps, my strength is returning. I'm almost hitting 200lbs on my bench:strong:
So hopefully once I pack on a few more pounds of muscle weight, I hope the fat starts vaporizing. I'm kinda bummed that I gained 12lbs!!!:swear:
I guess I should stay off a scale for at least a month and let my waistline do the talking.

I'll post back in a week or so and let you all know how things are going. Any advice would be appreciated.

I think I'm gonna start HIIT on the cross trainer. I'll be running more once I get below 250lbs. Until then I want to save my knees as much as possible.