PDA

View Full Version : Looking for quality 13mm Single Prong / Lever 4" Power Belt

Tom Mutaffis
04-23-2009, 02:20 PM
So I am looking to upgrade my belt, I need a good quality single prong or lever 4" belt. I think that the lever belt might be the way to go for me, but then I am limited to Titan or Inzer.

What is everyone's opinion on the following options:

- Elite FTS 13mm Single Prong - $90
- Bob's Belts 13 mm single prong - $100
- Inzer forever 13mm lever belt - $70?
- Titan Toro 13mm lever belt - $65
- APT 13mm single prong - $50
- Spud Inc 3 Ply Deadlift Belt - $45

If I want the lever belt the Titan is cheaper and they seem to have good service so I would probably go with them. Has anyone used this particular belt before?

For the single prong if Elite FTS has a sale I might pick one up, but have also heard that Bob's belts last 20+ years. APT has the best price and I love their equipment but it seems like a lot of the thickest belts are double prong.

This thing has to be strong, I am looking for a belt to use on 800+ lbs yoke walks, partial deadlifts, and other lifts. With a lot of the belts I have noticed that they are multiple plys laminated together which makes them lose their stiffness over time and will not be as supportive.

Any companies that I missed? Has anyone seen any sales on ebay recently? (size large)

=Travis=
04-23-2009, 02:32 PM
I ordered a Bob's Belt a few months ago and it is an awesome belt. Mine is double prong. Made pretty well. I told my wife to bury me with it around my waist.

JK1
04-23-2009, 03:33 PM
So I am looking to upgrade my belt, I need a good quality single prong or lever 4" belt. I think that the lever belt might be the way to go for me, but then I am limited to Titan or Inzer.

What is everyone's opinion on the following options:

- Elite FTS 13mm Single Prong - $90
- Bob's Belts 13 mm single prong - $100
- Inzer forever 13mm lever belt - $70?
- Titan Toro 13mm lever belt - $65
- APT 13mm single prong - $50
- Spud Inc 3 Ply Deadlift Belt - $45

If I want the lever belt the Titan is cheaper and they seem to have good service so I would probably go with them. Has anyone used this particular belt before?

For the single prong if Elite FTS has a sale I might pick one up, but have also heard that Bob's belts last 20+ years. APT has the best price and I love their equipment but it seems like a lot of the thickest belts are double prong.

This thing has to be strong, I am looking for a belt to use on 800+ lbs yoke walks, partial deadlifts, and other lifts. With a lot of the belts I have noticed that they are multiple plys laminated together which makes them lose their stiffness over time and will not be as supportive.

Any companies that I missed? Has anyone seen any sales on ebay recently? (size large)

I've got an Inzer belt that I think (If I remember right) is a 13 mm (the thick one) single prong that I'd sell you. The belt is essentially brand new. Basically I'm too damned fat to wear the thing. It might fit you.

Let me check tonight when I get home from work and I'll post what I've got.

MarcusWild
04-23-2009, 03:45 PM
Elite uses a higher grade leather on theirs that's stronger. I have a single prong one and it's build like a tank.

HP666
04-23-2009, 04:20 PM
I use an Inzer Forever, 13mm, single prong and love it. It is one helluva belt.

Pete22
04-23-2009, 04:55 PM
I have a 10mm single prong Inzer Forever belt and I love it. I'm sure you'd be happy with their 13mm one.

WillNoble
04-23-2009, 05:02 PM
Ive had an Inzer Forever belt for almost 10 years now and aside from a Blue Heat stain when a bottle cracked in my bag, it is as good as new

HP666
04-23-2009, 05:25 PM
Tom I just checked Inzer's site and the 13mm Forever is 79.95 before shipping. I can't speak on all the belts you mentioned but I can on a couple.

- As I said, the Inzer 13mm is an awesome belt, and it is guaranteed forever, hence the name. I use one and I know other guys who swear by them.
- The Titan Toro is a good belt, I know guys that have them also and like them a lot, BUT, this is a cheaper quality belt than the better Titan competition belts. So it may be a bit cheaper but it's not as good a quality as the Inzer. You are someone who is one of the best at what he does so you need to have the best equipment you can get.
- EFS does make nice belts, very similar to some others that you mentioned, but you may have to wait three weeks to get it and it's more expensive.

As I said my vote is for the Inzer Forever, and you can call Inzer and they will tell you what they have in stock, what colors, etc. Very good customer service. And that's not to say that Titan and Elite don't have good CS, because they do.

Tom I also think that you should get a single prong as opposed to the lever. The lever is nice but you're limited to that one setting for tightness, and you know there may be times you want it a little looser or times you want it really cranked down, especially in your case being a top Strongman. I mean you could change the lever with a screwdriver and move the whole lever, but it's not an "on the fly" thing.

So that's my $.02.

Tom Mutaffis
04-23-2009, 05:47 PM
Tom I just checked Inzer's site and the 13mm Forever is 79.95 before shipping. I can't speak on all the belts you mentioned but I can on a couple.

- As I said, the Inzer 13mm is an awesome belt, and it is guaranteed forever, hence the name. I use one and I know other guys who swear by them.
- The Titan Toro is a good belt, I know guys that have them also and like them a lot, BUT, this is a cheaper quality belt than the better Titan competition belts. So it may be a bit cheaper but it's not as good a quality as the Inzer. You are someone who is one of the best at what he does so you need to have the best equipment you can get.
- EFS does make nice belts, very similar to some others that you mentioned, but you may have to wait three weeks to get it and it's more expensive.

As I said my vote is for the Inzer Forever, and you can call Inzer and they will tell you what they have in stock, what colors, etc. Very good customer service. And that's not to say that Titan and Elite don't have good CS, because they do.

Tom I also think that you should get a single prong as opposed to the lever. The lever is nice but you're limited to that one setting for tightness, and you know there may be times you want it a little looser or times you want it really cranked down, especially in your case being a top Strongman. I mean you could change the lever with a screwdriver and move the whole lever, but it's not an "on the fly" thing.

So that's my $.02.

Thank you for the advice on the belt, I tried out the lever one the other day that my friend had and I like the feel. Felt like it would be easy for a quick deadlift or something or even a medley because I could unclasp the belt on the run. You are right though that sometimes I may want an adjustable belt to keep it a little loose (like on stones). I do still have my single prong belt that I use now so I guess that I could always wear that. Basically I just need something with more support for when I really want to get crazy with a yoke or deadlift... otherwise I leave myself feeling pretty beat up for a few days.

For some reason I thought the Inzer belts were a little cheaper in one of their ads in PowerliftingUSA, but on the website it is $80.

JK1 - Definitely let me know about the belt that you have, and maybe I can purchase it from you if it does not fit.

Have heard great things about Bob's Belts as well as Inzer, will probably come down to which company might offer some kind of deal.

DrDudley-Robey
04-26-2009, 08:40 PM
I have an APT and it works great.

JK1
04-26-2009, 09:28 PM
I've got an Inzer belt that I think (If I remember right) is a 13 mm (the thick one) single prong that I'd sell you. The belt is essentially brand new. Basically I'm too damned fat to wear the thing. It might fit you.

Let me check tonight when I get home from work and I'll post what I've got.

Sorry it took me a little while to get back with you on this belt. I forgot I'd moved it to the storage place.

Its a new (never been worn other than to be tried on) blue, Inzer, size 2X (44-48) 13 mm double prong belt. I'll sell it for $50.00 + shipping.

Let me know if you are interested.

pie zar
04-26-2009, 10:42 PM
I am a big fan of the inzer forever belts i have a 10mm single prong one and it works great.

LuNa
09-23-2009, 04:52 PM
Tom, which belt did you end up going for?

Brian Hopper
09-23-2009, 05:16 PM
I have an Inzer Forever 13mm lever belt and I like it alot. But I pretty much only use it when I gear up.

robchris
09-23-2009, 08:21 PM
Tom,
Cant beat the Inzer 13mm forever belt for the money$$$... I've had mine for a long time and still love using it!

A lot of good memoirs w/ that belt!

Tom Mutaffis
09-24-2009, 06:57 AM
I was confused when I saw this thread come up again since it is from a few months ago.

Ended up getting a 13mm APT belt and the thing is a beast. It is still not broken in because I only use it for squats and I really don't squat that much. Have still been using my 10mm single prong APT for OHP and my events work since it is more comfortable and easy to get on/off.

At the time I did reach out to Titan but they never got back to me, I was seriously considering the Toro lever belt... oh well.

Brian Hopper
09-24-2009, 10:32 AM
I feel like an idiot, because I never even looked at the date of your OP.
:bang:

LuNa
09-24-2009, 05:27 PM
I was confused when I saw this thread come up again since it is from a few months ago.

Ended up getting a 13mm APT belt and the thing is a beast. It is still not broken in because I only use it for squats and I really don't squat that much. Have still been using my 10mm single prong APT for OHP and my events work since it is more comfortable and easy to get on/off.

At the time I did reach out to Titan but they never got back to me, I was seriously considering the Toro lever belt... oh well.

After i bumped it, i thought it would have been much better to just pm you. Sorry for bumping it but thanks for the reply :)