PDA

View Full Version : Advice on Lat Pulldown/Low Row Machine

Pete22
04-24-2009, 09:33 AM
I want to get a lat pulldown w/ a low row option machine for my home gym, but all the good ones I've wanted to get so far (Elite, Legend Fitness, etc) are all 1-piece welded and won't fit down the stairs to my powerlifting dungeon.

Does anyone have or know of any decent equipment like this that is bolted or can be dis-assembled? I don't want to be stuck getting crap like BodySolid or TDS because those pulley systems are just awkward and never feel right.

slashkills
04-24-2009, 04:09 PM
Do you have a window well? If you have a big enough one you could slide it through that. I had to do that with my dad while finishing our basement cause getting dry wall around a landing on our stairs sucked.

Pete22
04-24-2009, 04:22 PM
Do you have a window well? If you have a big enough one you could slide it through that. I had to do that with my dad while finishing our basement cause getting dry wall around a landing on our stairs sucked.

Yeah I do, just got home from work and talked about that with my dad as well. I think I'm going to go ahead and order the Legend Fitness one I've been wanting and see if we can snake it through one of our basement window wells (they're pretty deep and wide). If that doesn't work, I know a welder that could cut the bottom support in half for me, and weld a nice little bolt/bracket setup to make this more portable.

This is the one:
http://www.legendfitness.com/equipment.php?id=28

slashkills
04-24-2009, 04:59 PM
Wow, thats pretty nice. I was picturing something that attaches to the back of a rack or something.

johnnyo_99
04-25-2009, 06:37 AM
nice, that will come in handy

JK1
04-25-2009, 09:46 PM
Yeah I do, just got home from work and talked about that with my dad as well. I think I'm going to go ahead and order the Legend Fitness one I've been wanting and see if we can snake it through one of our basement window wells (they're pretty deep and wide). If that doesn't work, I know a welder that could cut the bottom support in half for me, and weld a nice little bolt/bracket setup to make this more portable.

This is the one:
http://www.legendfitness.com/equipment.php?id=28

I'm looking at the same one. It looks like a great piece of equipment.

Please let me know how you like it.