PDA

View Full Version : 4/24/09 ME Bench

vdizenzo
04-24-2009, 10:46 PM
I had a really good workout tonight. Especially considering my back got trashed on Wednesday. I did not even think I was going to be able to lift tonight. Also, this is like pre training cycle training.

I really like raising my head while taking the weight down and then pushing it back on the way up. I take weight tighter than I ever had before. I had a habit of dropping weight and then heaving it. It also focused me on keeping my belly up more than ever before. I'm sure I recommended against this is the past. I'm such a hypocrite.

I also focused on using no leg drive. The last time I floor pressed a couple of years ago I think I did so with bent knees and my feet flat on the ground for some push.

5a5G2Wsuw2c

Chalky Palms
04-24-2009, 11:04 PM
Damn, I want a sleeveless bench shirt now! Seriously though, that 525 looked easy. Awesome.

Kong
04-24-2009, 11:28 PM
Animal!

john bernor
04-25-2009, 12:11 AM
amazing strength Vinny,,God Bless

Lones Green
04-25-2009, 07:39 AM
Sick work Vinnie!

Travis Bell
04-25-2009, 10:31 AM
Really great work Vincent!

Have you ever tried putting mats under your arms?

vdizenzo
04-25-2009, 12:36 PM
Really great work Vincent!

Have you ever tried putting mats under your arms?

Yeah, you noticed my elbows don't hit the floor huh? Sweet! Yeah, we considered the matts, but I figure just getting off the bench and taking the leg drive out is enough of a change. Do you think it would make much of a difference for training purposes?

Chalky Palms
04-25-2009, 01:17 PM
I'm no expert but it would probably help eliminate the stretch reflex a bit more considering the weight isn't completely deloaded on your belly. Is that a keg I see in the background lol?

Travis Bell
04-25-2009, 01:38 PM
Yeah, you noticed my elbows don't hit the floor huh? Sweet! Yeah, we considered the matts, but I figure just getting off the bench and taking the leg drive out is enough of a change. Do you think it would make much of a difference for training purposes?

Yeah that's what I'm not sure about. I don't think it'd take any off your floor press. Actually I think you'd floor press more weight if you used mats

Taking the leg drive out of it makes it doubly hard compared to a regular bench. I think adding in the mats though would make it more of a tricep exercise because of it limiting the range of motion more, plus when your elbows are the ones stopping the weight instead of your chest it just seems to change stuff a little.

Not super scientific I guess LOL

It probably depends on your goal though. If your goal for that given exercise is to mimick your full range bench just minus the leg drive, then I probably wouldn't use the mats, but if you want to turn it towards a bit more of a tricep exercise, throw a couple mats under there and see what happens

*edit, on second thought, cambered bar may be a better choice. You have short arms like I do, so if you add in the mats maybe it'd take too much off the ROM? In which case, cambered bar would still allow you to go all the way to where your elbows touch, while still training the full ROM. I don't know, but now I'm going to have to floor press next week dangit!

Travis Bell
04-25-2009, 01:39 PM
I'm no expert but it would probably help eliminate the stretch reflex a bit more considering the weight isn't completely deloaded on your belly. Is that a keg I see in the background lol?

Stretch reflex lasts for up to 4 seconds I believe. Plus you don't really want to eliminate the stretch reflex, rather you want to train it (enter DE bench....use the search function for further explaination)

Chalky Palms
04-25-2009, 01:51 PM
Stretch reflex lasts for up to 4 seconds I believe. Plus you don't really want to eliminate the stretch reflex, rather you want to train it (enter DE bench....use the search function for further explaination)

I pm'ed you so I didn't hijack the thread

CrazyK
04-25-2009, 01:58 PM
Awesome work V. You're an inspiration.

bencher8
04-25-2009, 05:41 PM
Awesome work Vin! I especially liked the log press/floor press....that just looked cool as ****! lol

Brian C
04-26-2009, 10:23 AM
Floor log presses just scream Bad Azz! Awesomeness, pure Awesomeness

Rob Luyando
04-26-2009, 11:31 AM
Nice work Vincent. I may have to throw some floor presses in on my assistance day. Been a long time since I have done them but that looked fun!

C.Pop
04-26-2009, 02:12 PM
That is a handsome man. Nice work Vincent. The lift off guy sounds like a jackleg though.

SoreFoot8343
04-26-2009, 03:25 PM
Awesome lifting!

Rob Luyando
04-29-2009, 08:13 AM
OK Vincent you make me sick! LOL! Last night was my lock out night and tri-cep assistance work. So I chose to do floor presses instead of my lock out off of boards. I kept my reps at 5 pushing as heavy as I could. Last set was 3 reps. I kept my legs straight out so I couldn't cheat. Awesome isolation work for tricep and lock out strength. My ass was kicked hard. I woked up to throbbing shoulders and was cussing Vincent. LOL! I am going to do a 4 week phase of floor presses and then change back to brd lock outs.

samadhi_smiles
04-29-2009, 08:30 AM
sweet man

love your videos you are so freakin' strong

Speedy Gonzalez
04-29-2009, 03:16 PM
Sick ME work!!!!

vdizenzo
04-29-2009, 06:58 PM
OK Vincent you make me sick! LOL! Last night was my lock out night and tri-cep assistance work. So I chose to do floor presses instead of my lock out off of boards. I kept my reps at 5 pushing as heavy as I could. Last set was 3 reps. I kept my legs straight out so I couldn't cheat. Awesome isolation work for tricep and lock out strength. My ass was kicked hard. I woked up to throbbing shoulders and was cussing Vincent. LOL! I am going to do a 4 week phase of floor presses and then change back to brd lock outs.

I love being cussed out for my influences. My wife cusses me out in our basement gym and Rhodes cusses me out everytime he wants to throw out food, but knows he has to finish it.

bencher8
04-29-2009, 07:07 PM
Vinnie, I tallied up my average cals a week and it works out to 3500 a day or so...I woul;d say thats prolly not enough for me to gain weight! lol I am gonna try and get up to 5000/day and see if I can keep that up for a while...thanks man