PDA

View Full Version : Critique Diet for the "Up Your Bench 30lbs in 30 Days" program.

crshbrn
04-25-2009, 07:19 PM
I am a week into the "Up Your Bench 30lbs in 30 Days" and would like some critique on my diet. The program calls for taking getting 25 calories per a pound of bodyweight so my goal is 5,450. I have a pretty high metabolism so I don't pick up fat super easy. I try to split the calories up into 5 or 6 meals so that requires around 900 calories a meal. A typical day goes like this:

Breakfast (Pre-Workout) Totals: 950cal, 55g Protein, 126g Carb, 26g Fat

-Medium Apple
-1/2 Cup Yogurt
-3 Eggs
-5 Pieces of Turkey Bacon
-1/2 Cup Oatmeal
-1 Cup Cheerios
-1/2 Cup Soy Milk
-1 Cup Orange Juice Taken 45 min before workout w/ creatine

Post Workout Totals: 800cal, 59g protein, 93g carb, 23g fat

-ProLab N-Large2 Weight Gainer
-1 Serving Peanut Butter

Post Workout Meal (1.5 to 2 hours after shake): 1020cal, 75g protein, 186g carb, 8g fat

-1 Medium Apple
-1/2 Cup Yogurt
-6 oz Chicken Breast
-1 Cup Brown Rice
-1 Cup Bush's Baked Beans

Meal #4 (2.5 hours later at Work): 800cals, 59g Protein, 93g Carb, 23g fat

-ProLab N-Large2 Shake
-1 Serving Peanut Butter

Meal #5 (2.5 hours later still at work):1250cal, 46g protein, 149g carb, 54g fat

-1 medium Apple
-1/2 cup fat free cottage cheese
-1 package of Lance cheese on wheat crackers
-2 pieces of whole wheat bread w/ 2 servings of Peanut Butter
-1 cup orange juice
-1 slice of a whole wheat bagel
-1 serving cream cheese

Meal #6 (2.5 hours later and it depends on if my girlfriend cooks or not.) If not, it goes like this: 480cals, 36g protein, 93g carb, 19g fat

-3 eggs
-1/2 cup brown rice
-1/2 cup beans
-1/2 cup yogurt

Before Bed: 1/2 cup cottage cheese (80cals, 15g protein, 5g carb, 0g fat)

GRAND TOTALS:

Calories: 5390
Protein: 345 Grams
Carbohydrates: 745 Grams
Fat: 153 Grams

samadhi_smiles
04-26-2009, 09:48 AM
why the fat immediately post-workout? I think all you need is carbs/protein within that window. The fat will just slow down the protein absorbing.

but I guess if its a question of cutting cals total or eating peanut butter right after then I'd eat the peanuts :)

crshbrn
04-26-2009, 03:09 PM
why the fat immediately post-workout? I think all you need is carbs/protein within that window. The fat will just slow down the protein absorbing.

but I guess if its a question of cutting cals total or eating peanut butter right after then I'd eat the peanuts :)

Yeah, I was just trying to space out the calories evenly. I probably should just throw in the peanut butter somewhere else instead of having it right after a workout.

Should I also cut down on the fats before my workout or just leave them where they're at?

joey54
04-26-2009, 08:14 PM
I wouldn't eat so much dairy personally, but seems like you have obtained the balance you want. How many days into this diet are you?

crshbrn
04-27-2009, 10:32 AM
I wouldn't eat so much dairy personally, but seems like you have obtained the balance you want. How many days into this diet are you?

I started it the same day I started the program, which was on the 21st of this month. I'm about to start week two tomorrow, the 28th. I didn't realize it was a lot of dairy.

I just was throwing the yogurt in there because it's hard sometimes getting over 5000 calories a day so I was looking for some things that added calories without being to hard to get down. Does the dairy have a negative impact or is it for another reason?

Thanks for the response

Brad08
04-27-2009, 11:29 AM

I'm too lazy to go find it but a study of whole milk vs. skim milk post-workout showed that whole milk, with it's fat content, had a better response than the no-fat skim milk.

It's nothing to be afraid of. The protein will still get broken down quickly enough, and there should be protein still circulating from the pre-workout drink/meal.