PDA

View Full Version : Diet confusion

LuNa
04-25-2009, 10:37 PM
A week ago i started with the Starting Strength program and also taking a stricter diet. Now, i have been overweight for a big part of my life and i have tried a lot of diets and they were always hard and very strict. This "diet" however, i really enjoy. What i mean is i make things which are really nice in my opinion and i have the idea i might be eating not clean enough food. So could you maybe have a look and see if i am on the right track or if i need to adjust things. This is what i just had for lunch:

Two pieces of chicken thigh, diced and fried in olive oil.
4 pieces of wholemeal bread
4 Tablespoons of low fat cottage cheese
Around 200 grams of lettuce

In my opinion i have protein, carbs and fat in this with some fibre added by the lettuce. Is this right or is this way too much? According to some calculations i did with a formula (dont know the name) i could eat 3500 calories to maintain. I eat 5-6 meals a day. Would this be a good lunch?

Thanks

tom183
04-26-2009, 05:13 AM
That particular meal looks fine. What do the rest of your day's meals look like though?

According to some calculations i did with a formula (dont know the name) i could eat 3500 calories to maintain.

Formulas and online calculators are notoriously inaccurate. The best way is to weigh yourself, count calories for 2 weeks, re-weigh.

LuNa
04-26-2009, 06:31 AM
The rest of the day for example is this:

Breakfast:
1/2 cup of oats
1 cup of skim milk

Pre Workout shake:
30 gram of whey which gives 20 gram of protein
250 ml skim milk

Workout

Post workout shake
30 gram carbs, 30 gram protein 10 gram fat

Post workout meal
2 slices of wholemeal bread with peanut butter

Lunch
Provided above

Afternoon meal
Same shake as before workout

Dinner
200 gram of shrimp or some chicken
Potatoes with cottage cheese (2) or noodles or rice
Lots of veggies (broccoli, couliflower, carrot, green beans)

Before bed meal
Protein shakes or 1 cup of low fat yoghurt

Thats about it. Ofcourse i vary quite a bit meal wise but this is a basic day of food.