PDA

View Full Version : 5 month progress pics.

bass slayer
04-26-2009, 11:39 AM
I figured its time to post some progress pics. The quality kinda sucks in most of them but their decent. The progress probably isnt the best but anyways how is it looking?

bass slayer
04-26-2009, 02:04 PM
Also the 5 month photo, I am at a bodyweight of 204. Do you think I would be ok if I bulked up to 215-225 before I cut. I hate to bulk in the summer but I will if thats what I should do. Any inputs?

mcdonough9395
04-26-2009, 05:12 PM
Yeah man keep bulking put some more muscle on.

KAJ
04-26-2009, 07:53 PM
Keep lifting heavy I say, at 6'3 203 I personally would continue to bulk 230ish.

joey54
04-26-2009, 08:18 PM
Just keep slowly gaining weight. You could get up to 250 lbs easily with your frame, and still feel "small". Be smart about it and don't take it too fast. You can easily reach your goal of 225 lbs, a good quality 225, by late fall or early winter. That seems like a while, but these things take time. You have only been at it for 5 months.

Cards
04-26-2009, 09:04 PM
I think your goal is attainable, but as Joey said, don't take it to fast. What's your routine look like right now? How’s you intensity at the gym?

bass slayer
04-26-2009, 09:49 PM
Right now im in the process of choosing a new routine. I think I might go with the one linked in this thread http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123801I

just got done with a routine my weight lifting teacher put together. I usually go to the gym 3 times a week for an 1hr-1hr 20 minutes ever session. Lately ive been going 5 times a week. Most of my lifts have doubled since I started so I know im doing something right.

Cards
04-27-2009, 07:10 AM
Start a journal and record your workouts. It’s good to hear your lifts are going up. I think you should focus more on a body recomp than bulking or cutting. I would maintain your caloric intake and train balls to the wall for a little while. Worry about bulking and cutting when you have a better base. That's just my opinion.

I'm not really a big fan of that article to be honest, I think someone in your boat should stick to something like starting strenght or BGB. Wbb 1.1 is also a great routine.

bass slayer
04-27-2009, 12:50 PM
What is this body recomp I keep hearing about? How do I do a body recomp?

RonnyB
04-28-2009, 09:16 AM
At least you're consistent, in all 3 photos you have the toilet seat up~! Seriously though you definitely have a good frame to build on, i'd like to see your 1 year photo in the future.

snikez
04-28-2009, 05:12 PM
You gotta get some better lighting next time with your pics bro. Then it'll be easier for you and all of us to pick out the little improvements in your physique. I see you've been lifting about as long as I have. Well I only have done it for 3 months so far with a good routine so idk. I would bulk until you start to dislike how you look. Or if you rely on the numbers, just set a goal weight for you to achieve, and cut after that.

I think body recomp. is when you keep maintenance calories while still lifting hard. Not 100% sure though.

Cards
04-28-2009, 05:57 PM
You gotta get some better lighting next time with your pics bro. Then it'll be easier for you and all of us to pick out the little improvements in your physique. I see you've been lifting about as long as I have. Well I only have done it for 3 months so far with a good routine so idk. I would bulk until you start to dislike how you look. Or if you rely on the numbers, just set a goal weight for you to achieve, and cut after that.

I think body recomp. is when you keep maintenance calories while still lifting hard. Not 100% sure though.

basically - or a couple hundred calories over maintenance. This would allow for muscle growth but little fat gain. Once you saw improvement in strenght and body composition you would add more calories

Skalami
05-06-2009, 07:30 PM
lower the weight you lift and do more reps, more intensely pushing/pulling/lifting the weight.