PDA

View Full Version : Cutting Diet Help

MCC
04-27-2009, 01:14 PM
Hey all,
I have been maintaining my bulk weight for a couple of months, and now I am looking to cut some fat that built up during my bulk. I started at 165, and am up to 185. I was eating 3200 calories per day. During my cut, I am going to be around 2800 calories per day. My breakdown is as follows:

Fat - 19% of daily intake
Carbs - 47% of daily intake
Protein - 34% of daily intake @ 234 grams per day.

Is this a good mix, or should I increase or decrease on any of the k-cals?

Thanks for your help.

VikingWarlord
04-27-2009, 01:46 PM
Why did you choose those numbers?

MCC
04-27-2009, 02:15 PM
Why did you choose those numbers?

Those are close to the numbers that I bulked with, but I have reduced my carbs and increased my protein intake to try and maintain muscle as I cut.

Pimpstick
04-27-2009, 03:28 PM
I think Viking is trying to point out that macro percentages are pointless. They interpret data, they are not the original data.

Based off the OP you are consuming:

936 calories from protein
1294 calories from carbs
523 calories from fats

Just for starters east more fat, less carbs, but really just read a little more about nutrition and all your questions will be answered!

VikingWarlord
04-27-2009, 03:41 PM
Actually, putting aside the fact that I think ratios are pointless, I want to see why those specific numbers were chosen. How were those identified as being your requirements? Were they pulled by a random number generator or were they figured out using some sort of logic? If you bulked on 3200, is 2800 really low enough to get much of a cut?

There isn't enough information there to really help much. It's possible that you don't know enough to be able to ask the right questions. It happens to everyone. Just read all the other threads and figure out more specific questions to ask. Help us help you.

MCC
04-27-2009, 05:33 PM
I have found some good threads on here with cutting info. if I have any more questions after I go through them, I will ask. thanks for the info.

VikingWarlord
04-28-2009, 06:30 AM
That's really the easiest way. The more specific the question, the easier it is to answer.