PDA

View Full Version : Foam Rolling Pre-Workout?

Cricket_Fire
04-27-2009, 04:24 PM
Hey all

I bought a foam roller today and noticed just now that the back pain I've been having lately is hugely alleviated after rolling on it a few times. Are there any negative effects to doing this pre-workout?

My back only hurts in 2 situations; when I arch and try to bend sideways, or right after I rack a weight when doing squat/goodmornings.. I figure if it can help the first thing it might help the 2nd. I just don't wanna do it and find out the hard way that it temporarily increases risk of injury or something haha

Thanks,
Keenan

p.s. for those who helped me in my back pain thread - I'm going to the chiropractor, just haven't gotten in yet haha

HP666
04-27-2009, 04:44 PM
No problem with rolling pre workout at all. I know tons of guys that do it and swear by it as part of their warm up.

jbrin0tk
04-27-2009, 05:50 PM
I've found foam rolling before lifting to make me much looser, especially when squatting. I've never had any negative effects from it.

KarstenDD
04-27-2009, 06:09 PM
I just started rolling pre-training and during training if I need it. It loosens my back right up when I'm squatting.

Cricket_Fire
04-27-2009, 09:28 PM
aha perfect, just what I was hoping haha :) Thanks all