PDA

View Full Version : join army??!!!??

bigteddy
04-28-2009, 02:36 AM
ok here's my situation. im 5'8" and 260 lbs. im not at all in shape. i have a big gut... i want to join the army but my recruiter says i need to lose the gut. i have been working out a lot lately. running, resistance. but i seem to keep the same general weight/gut. what can i do to help this? any suggestions on a good day to day diet? maybe a work out training guide or something? sorry if i posted in wrong forum. just looking for a little guidence.

whiteman90909
04-28-2009, 08:16 AM
http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99119

Read up in this first, then look into everything you can on 'cutting' on this site.

You're gonna need to get your diet in check in order to lose weight. How far over are you when you get taped?

ZeroJointPain
04-28-2009, 01:06 PM
Im sure its your diet. Just eat clean and keep running and working out. Boot camp will shrink the rest of the gut!! Good luck!!

Brad08
04-28-2009, 01:10 PM
i have been working out a lot lately. running, resistance. but i seem to keep the same general weight/gut. what can i do to help this?

Eat less.

Seriously.

That's all you need to do.

Amazing what will happen when you put down the fork.

evilxxx
04-28-2009, 01:22 PM
Keep us updated on your progress, I can tell you exactly when you are ready if you keep us posted on your neck and waist measurements, also whats your age group and height? I was a master fitness trainer when I was in the army and part of my job was to measure soldiers that where overweight to determine if their BF% was within standards.

jonesy308
05-21-2009, 06:51 AM
eat right foods excercise more

Rogue
05-23-2009, 04:42 AM
Diet is key, take in slightly less calories than your maintenance and supplement that with some exercise.....

blackboard
05-23-2009, 06:16 AM
One of the biggest mistakes people make when joining the service is not being in shape.Its almost like coming to a job interview with baggy jeans and a tank top. Basically its a set up for failure.

They will take you but you will end up not getting promoted etc. So If possible my advice would be to get completely in shape before starting boot camp. You don't need to be Mr. Fitness but you should be able to run a couple miles, do more than 5 pull ups with bodyweight, and be close to height/weight military standards.

Good luck.