PDA

View Full Version : Can a bench shirt be too tight?

jmccown
04-28-2009, 12:43 PM
I'm totally new to bench shirts and I got my F-6 about 3 weeks ago. I've used it 3 times and keep thinking it is too tight. I can't get the sleeves past my elbows and I can't get the shirt to seat properly in my armpits and behind my shoulders. My chest measures right at 50" unflexed. I have gotten the shirt to touch but it just doesn't feel right still. Being new to bench shirts I honestly don't know if it feels right or wrong. Should I have gone to a size 52 for my first shirt?

MarcusWild
04-28-2009, 12:59 PM
You can use a mini football to stretch the sleeves a little. Just deflate it, stick it in there and inflate it. It helps if you wet it. If you can get it all the way on and set your shoulders back to setup, then it's not too small. If you can't get it all the way on, then it might be too small. These things stretch though, especially single-ply. If you can have someone a little smaller than you wear it 1-2 times to break it in that'd be a good idea.

Travis Bell
04-28-2009, 01:01 PM
Sounds like the chest fit is right so like Marcus said, use some footballs to stretch the arms a little bit. Don't leave them in there for too long though otherwise they will get too big.

jmccown
04-28-2009, 01:03 PM
I'll try the ball trick. how long we talking on leaving the balls in the sleeve, overnight, a few hours? I think if I can get the sleeves farther up it will fit better. Thanks for the tip!

Detard
04-28-2009, 01:11 PM
I had this issue aswell. I couldnt get it seated properly because of my arms. We cut the sleeves right at the top of the "T" where it says Titan on the sleeves. It fits alot better now, and I can get it seated properly. I'm not sure what fed your lifting in, so check the rules first.

If it feels like someone is cutting you with a dull blade, its on properly.

Travis Bell
04-28-2009, 01:24 PM
Leave them in for like 20-30min most. Remember, you can always stretch it out a little more, but you can't make it much tighter

Ryano
04-28-2009, 01:25 PM
I have done the "ball trick" to stretch my sleeves but only as a last resort. Use suit slippers to try to get the sleeves above the elbow. Also Titan usually makes the sleeves a little long for me, so I have to trim about 1" off, but don't do this until you know you have it seated where you want and they are still to long. Once you trim them, you can't put material back on. Once you get the shirt on, wet it down real good with water in the arms, armpit, and chest. This will help it seat a little more. If you are touching O.K. in it, after only three workouts, I doubt that it's to small.

scott rowe
04-28-2009, 02:19 PM
wet the sleeves and use bags to get the shirt on. could take 10 times or more to stretch out enough.

Rob Luyando
04-28-2009, 08:52 PM
Newver to tight. Can't get it down throw more weight on the bar

vdizenzo
04-29-2009, 05:46 AM
I hate tight shirts. If it takes more than 20 seconds to put on, I don't want to be in it. That's why I suck!

drew
04-29-2009, 05:52 AM
If you've used the shirt 3 times and already gotten it to touch then it's probably too loose, not too tight.

jmccown
04-29-2009, 01:06 PM
You guys won't believe this (heck I can't either). I got home last night and got to messing around with my shirt and noticed that Ken had sent me a "FURY" instead of an F6. I talked to him this morning and decided to send this one back to get a 52 in the F6 so I don't have to mess with the sleeves any. I can't believe I have used the thing 3 times and didn't even notice it wasn't an F6. This is the part where you guys give the noob a wedgie then stuff me in the garbage can, lol.

So now I get to break in another shirt.

Travis Bell
04-29-2009, 01:12 PM
I hate tight shirts. If it takes more than 20 seconds to put on, I don't want to be in it. That's why I suck!

Yeah I am the same way. If I spend all my time trying to touch, I lose the gas to push it back up.

You guys won't believe this (heck I can't either). I got home last night and got to messing around with my shirt and noticed that Ken had sent me a "FURY" instead of an F6. I talked to him this morning and decided to send this one back to get a 52 in the F6 so I don't have to mess with the sleeves any. I can't believe I have used the thing 3 times and didn't even notice it wasn't an F6. This is the part where you guys give the noob a wedgie then stuff me in the garbage can, lol.

So now I get to break in another shirt.

That stuff happens. LOL. Ken is a good dude so I'm glad you were able to work it out.

Even though I think the 52 will be a tad big on you, you'll have more fun learning it since it's your first shirt. I wish I had gone bigger on my first shirts and I'd have had an easier time figuring them out

Rob Luyando
04-29-2009, 01:38 PM

20 seconds man? Dude I have some serious work to do with you! Let me know when your going out to Elite again and I will see if I can sneek in the back door to help you out.

Ryano
04-29-2009, 02:19 PM
20 seconds man? Dude I have some serious work to do with you! Let me know when your going out to Elite again and I will see if I can sneek in the back door to help you out.

Rob, shoot me an e-mail ( rogryan@comcast.net ). I'd like to hit a couple of ME bench workouts with you before Carps next meet, if I could.

I can usually put on my opener shirt by myself but need some help pulling my closer shirt over my "arch".:nod:

vdizenzo
04-29-2009, 02:20 PM

I would love it Rob. Rhodes and I are working on the next trip for this summer.

Rob Luyando
04-29-2009, 02:30 PM

Just give me as much notice as you can! I will have to smooth things over with Momma or bring her with.,............

Rob Luyando
04-29-2009, 02:31 PM

Rob, shoot me an e-mail ( rogryan@comcast.net ). I'd like to hit a couple of ME bench workouts with you before Carps next meet, if I could.

I can usually put on my opener shirt by myself but need some help pulling my closer shirt over my "arch".:nod:

Will do!