PDA

View Full Version : Weight Gain

bencher8
04-28-2009, 08:25 PM
I have been working on getting my bodyweight up for a while now. I eat(on most days) 4 meals and 3 snacks....1 or 2 will be a shake.

I really work at trying to gain weight, but I cant get much past 305. I wanna get up to 315 or so..I think I can be really strong at that weight, but no matter what I eat or how much I increase my caloric intake...it just seems like my body doesnt want to get much above 305....if it does get to 306-307 or so. my body will just drop the weight off, like I cant hold it...

Are there any tips to gaining weight...other than just eating more? I have been trying that and it doesnt seem to help much. I dont kjnow if my metabolism is just set for me to just hold right here or what. I have gained weight since starting powerlifting, but it has taken me 10 yrs to get from 265 to 305. I average 4 pounds a year....lol

vdizenzo
04-28-2009, 08:33 PM
Sorry, you are not eating enough. When I wanted to get to shw I was eating over 8000 cals a day. I found it harder to gain weight than lose it. I now maintain between 5500 and 6000. Most people can eat a lot for a day or two, but that does not count. You have to be consistent with the calories everyday to gain weight. It's a matter of science. Unless you have something like an overactive thyroid there is no excuse.

B12 shots can increase appetite. Also, I heard when Donnie wanted to gain weight he ate less frequent meals, but they were much bigger. I don't know how true that is. I don't know whether that whole meal metabolism thing is true or not.

Rob Luyando
04-28-2009, 08:39 PM
Bencher8 you want to get heavy and lose that girlish figure? LOL! Cut out the protein shakes and suppliment them with weight gain shakes. Up your meal size eat more red meat and more potatoes. Brown Rice by the boat load and drink more whole milk! If I can gain weight anyone can. Just quit being a pussy and force feed!

MarcusWild
04-28-2009, 09:33 PM
Put olive oil in your shakes. It's cheap if you buy it in a large container, has a lot of calories, and won't affect the the consistency or taste.

evilxxx
04-28-2009, 09:53 PM
Put olive oil in your shakes. It's cheap if you buy it in a large container, has a lot of calories, and won't affect the the consistency or taste.

Cheap where??? that's what I use for all my cooking and I think its expensive! what kind you use for the shakes? I use extra virgin with some oregano and parsley to dip my toasts...

bencher8
04-28-2009, 10:09 PM
I know I have a problem with making myself eat...like Vin said I will do it for a few days and then start cutting back, Im not consistant enough with eating more. I think thats largely the problem, I just need to force feed longer periods of time...I will try and go again, see if I can stay at it longer.

Im also gonaa sit down and figure how many cals a day I average....I would like to know how much I eat...I will prolly find my answer right there lol

...and sorry for putting this in the wrong spot the first time.

bencher8
04-29-2009, 04:32 PM
ok...so after looking at my average week it appears that I am taking in something around 3000-3500 cals/day...apparently nowhere near enough as Vinnie says that he was at 5500-6000 to maintain. Now I think my caloric needs might be less than his as he is maintaining at 5500-6000 and I am maintaining at 3500 or so..that leads me to believe that if I was to up my calories to 5500 or so I would gain what I want.

..now the trick is to keep eating that many cals for long enough to gain it lol

vdizenzo
04-29-2009, 07:11 PM
Paul, start easy with 500 calories a day. Add a gatorade and an Easy Mac, but the rest of your calorie consumption must be consistent everyday. Consistency is key!

KarstenDD
04-29-2009, 07:27 PM
Also, I heard when Donnie wanted to gain weight he ate less frequent meals, but they were much bigger. I don't know how true that is. I don't know whether that whole meal metabolism thing is true or not.

CITE YOUR SOURCES!

http://www.elitefts.com/documents/being_big_2.htm

JL: What did you adjust to make your weight go up after being at 220 lbs for awhile?

DT: I had been eating six meals a day and exactly 4600 calories each day. To gain weight, I dropped it to two or three really big meals a day. Very high calorie meals like pizza, Wendy’s, whatever it took. In three months, I went from 225 lbs to 275 lbs. I kept eating big, and three months later, I was up to 301 lbs. I had gained 75 lbs in six months drug free.

bencher8
04-29-2009, 09:37 PM
hmmmm..interesting. I see how it might be easier to add in just 500 at a time...thats definately doable. It would also make it easier on me to go 3-4 big meals a day than adding to the 7 times I am eating now lol I think thats more why I get inconsistant with the eating...its hard to eat more often than I am now.

Rob Luyando
04-30-2009, 07:44 AM
Bencher8 your signature used to have something about Chipolee's. Start eating their more often I will work I promiss!

BodyByGamma
04-30-2009, 06:12 PM
I don't have many posts so a little background so you know Im not some troll,Between the age of 17 to 18 I gained 50lbs in a year,(200 to 250) granted it wasn't all muscle but it was all fat either,I would say way more was muscle then fat as at 250 I could do 5 strict pull ups and 3 1armed push ups each arm when I couldn't do any pull ups or barely 10 push ups at 200lns. I gained about 25lbs in 6 months then another 25lbs in another 6 month.

I never once counted calories, I always counted carbs and protein, 2xbw for protein up to 3xbw for carbs.

*I added a minimum of half a gallon a day of milk up to a full gallon of milk a day everyday no matter what.Serious, I used to chug quarts of milk that I got for 1$ at 7/11 through out the day like water.

*I ate whenever I could,7-8+ BIG meals a day no joke, a lot of Ramen and eggs (together),fast food but nothing too too too fatty

*fast food burgers (just the burgers) , and it worked well,Double stack or stack attack at wendy's has 23g protein and 26 carbs eat 5 a day and that's an extra 100+ each right there.

*also once a week I used to eat a pizza pie and a half all by myself no joke, that helped a lot I think.

*growth hormone power in pork and steak, and I believe tv dinners.

*If you want to get bigger EAT MORE,simple, fat will grow as well but who cares, if in 10lbs gained 4lbs is fat and 6lbs is muscle its all the same.EAT EAT EAT ! hope this is any help if not at least I promoted WENDY's i wish that place sponsored

* PS ALL YOU CAN EAT BUFFETS ARE YOUR FRIEND!!!

bencher8
04-30-2009, 10:19 PM
No Chipotle's here in Nashville, but I found a place just like it called QDoba....very good! I eat there every wed after DE bench. So I have been still getting my burritos in lol

No way I can eat 5 burgers a day from Wendys....

I do drink a ton of milk...used to be all whole milk, till my wife started getting in the store..now its 2% all the time. I still get a few chugs in every other day or so. I prolly drink 1/2 gallon/day or so.

samadhi_smiles
05-01-2009, 09:32 AM
lean chicken breast, turkey, tuna, eggs would all be better sources of protein than Wendy's burgers.

BodyByGamma
05-01-2009, 09:53 AM
lean chicken breast, turkey, tuna, eggs would all be better sources of protein than Wendy's burgers.

Yeah but try gaining weight of those foods that have barely any CARBS!!! :burger: :lurk: You don't get bigger eating diet foods.

KarstenDD
05-01-2009, 10:56 PM
No way I can eat 5 burgers a day from Wendys...

I know why you have trouble gaining weight...

Trainwreck
05-02-2009, 07:00 AM
I know why you have trouble gaining weight...

Or it could be that 5 burgers a day for a month adds up to ~$450

KarstenDD
05-02-2009, 03:35 PM
Or it could be that 5 burgers a day for a month adds up to ~$450

5 $1 burgers/day x 30 days = $150-$155/month

rctriplefresh5
05-02-2009, 04:02 PM
thyere 1.29 now and 1.40 with tax :(

bencher8
05-02-2009, 04:40 PM
..its not the money(mostly anyway, my wife keeps tabs on that lol)..its the fact that I would throw chunks trying to eat 5 times at wendys, or any other fast food burger place....tastes bad enough as it is, much less 5 times/day..

I could handle 5 burritos a day, but that is cost prohibitive...not to mention stomach problems lol

I dont know...I have added an extra shake the last few days..I am at 4000 or so right now. Rob texted me yesterday and told me what he ate...jeez..no wonder he is on his way back to 275 lol He made 5500 cals yesterday...fatass lol

rctriplefresh5
05-02-2009, 05:34 PM
dude youre 305 pounds, and im assuming youre pretty lean if youre wanting to hain weight rather than lose. you msut be doing something right. my advice to you is do whatever you are doing BUT DO IT BIGGER AND BETTER. you dont like eating at wendys 5 times a day? then keep your current diet and save 1.40 and find some time to eat one extra burger and a frosty shake or so a day.

i have a funny story you might enjoy however.

about two days ago i was really hungry. well it was in between my classes at college and iwent to get wendys. well i had 0 dollar bills on me. so i scrounged around just enough change(in nickeels and pennies) to get one double stack. i then left and came back in 5 minutes later and bought another one and the woman claimed iwas 5 cents short. i felt so embarassed because she said its ok you can go. i felt like a bum lol. to make matters worse it was obvious i was short on money by the fact that i bought one sandwhich and then came back 5 minutes later(obvious iwas looking for change in the car and bought another one lols)

Jonah
05-03-2009, 08:48 AM
thyere 1.29 now and 1.40 with tax :(

They still have the dollar menu at McDonalds.

rctriplefresh5
05-03-2009, 11:10 AM
all i know is the double cheeseburger used to be 1.00 and last iheard it got raised to 1.29 which was bull**** enough. now i see a commercial on tv talking about how the double cheeseburger is a value again froa limited time offer. so im thinking to myself this is great its back on the dollar menu. then i see it says that theyre 2 for 3.00. WTF THATS 1.50 PER SANDWHICH. how much are they going to be after this offer ends? two dollars per double cheeseburger? the triples used to be 1.50 also.

sorry just ranting. i also hate how wendys claims they sell .99 sandwhiches yet every wendys ive beento raised the price to 1.29 a long ass time ago. and also the double stack and the crispy chicken sandwhich used to both be the same price .99. now the crispy chicken is 1.19 which is .10 cheaper that doesnt make no sense subway also got cheap and took the italian bmt off of their 5 dollar footlongs menu so now they only have bread sandwhiches on their menus..

Rob Luyando
05-05-2009, 07:10 PM
Yeah but try gaining weight of those foods that have barely any CARBS!!! :burger: :lurk: You don't get bigger eating diet foods.

I agree a lot cleaner. As for the carbs throw in a 1/2 box of brown rice and you will get all the carbs you need with out all the greese from fast food.

Rob Luyando
05-05-2009, 07:12 PM
..its not the money(mostly anyway, my wife keeps tabs on that lol)..its the fact that I would throw chunks trying to eat 5 times at wendys, or any other fast food burger place....tastes bad enough as it is, much less 5 times/day..

I could handle 5 burritos a day, but that is cost prohibitive...not to mention stomach problems lol

I dont know...I have added an extra shake the last few days..I am at 4000 or so right now. Rob texted me yesterday and told me what he ate...jeez..no wonder he is on his way back to 275 lol He made 5500 cals yesterday...fatass lol

Don't be letting all my sectrets out. I take in the calories but for the most part I eat relatively clean. So when I am heavy and cut back to 242 I will be a monster. Oh **** did I let the cat out of the bag? LOL!

proudmom9727
05-12-2009, 04:17 AM
If eating an extra 500 calories a day doesn't seem to be doing the trick after a couple of weeks, you can experiment with 700 additional calories. ...................

dropshot001
05-12-2009, 09:25 AM
add some evoo and more protein into the diet and that should kick the weight up a pretty fast

zefox
05-12-2009, 09:37 AM
I took the championship nutrition weight gainer and it worked really well. 181 to 205 in a few months.

KarstenDD
05-12-2009, 02:56 PM
If eating an extra 500 calories a day doesn't seem to be doing the trick after a couple of weeks, you can experiment with 700 additional calories. ...................

If 500 doesn't work after a few weeks, the standard response is to add 500 calories/day AGAIN.