PDA

View Full Version : Tips on droping water weight

usudno
04-29-2009, 02:20 PM
I've been trying to gain weight for the last 2.5 months. i have gained roughly 16lbs in ~2 months and most of it is lean muscle.. However when i started gaining i already had a little "looseness lol" in the midsection. It has gone down some but i'd like to drop the what i am assuming is mostlly water weight. If its fat to burn thats fine to... Any diet tips i can follow over the next few weeks before my vacation (may 18). I'm going to up the cardio just a bit in the afternoons but continue my calorie intake to keep gaining weight. I'm eating just about anything, taking 3 cytogainer shakes with milk (900 cals >54g of protien) and eating about a 500 cal breakfast, 700-900 cals for lunch, whatever is cooked for supper, then a snak.. natural pb and apple butter toast.

I know to gain weight its not what u eat but how much u eat.. Now i realize that the look i'm going for is going to require a bit more consideration.. thanks for any help..

Pimpstick
04-29-2009, 02:26 PM
16 pounds is a strong gain for 2 months. You won't be able to cut very effectively by may 18, so you might as well just bulk for another month and become a man!

Cutting waterweight 101:

1) DO NOT HYDRATE YOURSELF
2) Spit in bottle
3) Wrap body in plastic wrap
4) Caffeine
5) DNP (not recommended)

Y2A
04-29-2009, 02:32 PM
IMO cutting water weight will not help you unless you are already very very lean. I have cut 6lbs of water weight twice for grappling competitions and looked pretty much the same before/after the cut. It's also very temporary and as soon as you drink anything on your vacation you will just gain it back.

usudno
04-29-2009, 03:41 PM
I don't think its much water weight after thinking about it. In the mornings (when all food is digested) i can start seeing the 6 pac (actually think there may be 8 in my future =) ) but i want to get my stomach down to the muscle.. I work out abs ED thats probably why they show in the mornings after my workout but i no they are under there.. Its just to get the fat/water away. I no its probabbly 90% diet. So some suggestions on what not to eat more than what .. to eat would be great. I also plan on increasing cardio to 3 full 45 min sesions a week in the afternoons.. I workout at 5 a.m. so hopefully i should be ok.

VikingWarlord
04-29-2009, 03:47 PM
PM Built and ask her. Looks like the article she wrote about it isn't up on WBB anymore

usudno
04-29-2009, 05:36 PM
will do thanks for the advice.