PDA

View Full Version : Desperate!! Need Your Help!!!

eazy_e_6901
05-01-2009, 05:06 PM
Please help me. This is the most frustrated I have ever been trying to lose weight. Here is my story.

Two years ago I was 208lbs and sick of looking like crap. So i joined the gym and started eating a little healthier. In 8 months I lost 38lbs. I then hit the plateau. So i started Trying to carb cycle a little and while i put on a little muscle i also put on about 10 lbs of fat too. Then along came the kid and promotion to an office job at work. I stopped eating clean and going to the gym for a while and put back on all of the weight i lost. Strangely I look leaner at 208 now than I did at 208 two years ago so i think there is more muscle under the fat now. In march i started back at the gym and eating clean again determined to hit my goal of 165lbs (at a height of 5'9" and age of 29). I have way more knowledge about nutrition and training than i did the first time and am even using Fitday to track my eating. The frustrating thing is that this time around after I quickly lost 5lbs (mostly water weight) i have stalled and been at 203 for 7 weeks. At first I thought i cut calories too low so for two weeks i raised them alittle and that didn't work. I have used all the harris-benedict calculators and others to try and determine my maintainance calories and go from there. 3100-3300 seems to be my mtc. level so i went to 2300 avg daily and that didn't work so i raised them to 2500-2800 and that hasn't been working. My workout now consists of 4 days of Alwyn Cosgrove's barbell complex and hiit (sprints mostly) after the wieght training. Weighing the same and looking the same in the mirror and photos after eating so strictly and busting my ass in the gym is one of the most frustrating things i have ever had to deal with. Here is a link to my Fitday food journal if anyone wants to look. Please look it over and give me any advice you think may work. I am willing to try anything at this point. I just don't get it. The first time around I lost all the wieght with less knowledge and commitment to nutrition and training. I have read many threads looking for a similar situation but can't seem to find one. I would really appreciate any help and value your opinions.

thanks in advance

http://fitday.com/fitness/PublicJour...wner=6901hayes

J.C.
05-03-2009, 11:48 AM
First off, I will outright admit that I usually have little problem losing weight, and that really you should listen to other people who have been in your situation. Why they haven't answered you I don't know.

But don't panic. You seem a little worked up and I can understand your frustration, but maybe give it some time. If you are figuring out your maintenance, tracking your cals, and exercisng hard then you are doing the right thing. but it will take a while for you to figure out exactly what you need to eat, and to get into an routine of eating the correct clean foods on a regular basis.

If you know about nutrition and know to keep protein high, carbs a little lower on non-workout days and to eat smaller more frequent meals then you are on the right track. The only option that leaves you then is to eat less calories and/or do more exercise.

Of the little things you can do, cardio in the morning (before eating) is meant to be excellent at metabolizing fat and boosting resting metabolic rate for the rest of the day. I used to this sometimes (not to lose fat but just for training) and you do seem to feel more energetic afterwards.

you can also take the approach of concentrating on something else. So the fat isn't going away? **** it. Get stronger. Increasing all the weights on your squat, deadlift and bench will make you feel better again and give you some encouragement,. building muscle will also boost your metabolism, make you look better and help you lose fat.

Good luck.

eazy_e_6901
05-04-2009, 03:35 AM
Thanks for the reply. I was wondering why i had gotten plenty of views and no replies. Figuring out my caloric needs has been the most challenging thing i have had to do regarding my body. Too much and you risk gaining. Too little and your body thinks you starving and slows down on the fat burning. Fine line in there somewhere. The thing that kills me the most is that when i lost all the weight the first time I had no idea what i was doing and didn't even track calories and it came off like nothing. Now i am getting no results with 10 times as much work.

MadScientist
05-04-2009, 09:29 AM
Run madcow 2 days on 1 day off. Do HIIT 25 mins on off day. Drink more ice cold water.

Drink more fat free milk.

Dumb it down, make it less complicated.

Too much micromanagement is almost always counterproductive.

vdizenzo
05-04-2009, 09:42 AM
Have you tried the anabolic diet?

eazy_e_6901
05-04-2009, 04:16 PM
Have you tried the anabolic diet?

no, care to elaborate?

vdizenzo
05-05-2009, 05:44 AM
no, care to elaborate?

It's based on eating very low carbs during the week causing you to use fat as fuel. You then carb up on the weekends. I have known a few guys who this has worked incredibly for. Just throw "anabolic diet" into google and you'll get all the info you could ever want about it.

Trainwreck
05-05-2009, 05:35 PM
Anabolic Diet (http://stronglifts.com/why-the-anabolic-diet-works-how/)

Monday to Friday: 40% Protein / 60% Fat / No Carbs - Saturday & Sunday: 15% Protein / 25% Fat / 60% Carbs.
Seems pretty interesting, those macros are unlike anything else I've seen so far. How viable is this diet strictly for cutting?

eazy_e_6901
05-06-2009, 03:36 AM
It's based on eating very low carbs during the week causing you to use fat as fuel. You then carb up on the weekends. I have known a few guys who this has worked incredibly for. Just throw "anabolic diet" into google and you'll get all the info you could ever want about it.

Thanks. looks interesting. i think i will give it a try.

operationblade2
05-06-2009, 03:43 AM
Thanks for the info, any good tips on how to lose a beer belly?

Aparantely this is the last place you lose fat from......

Cheers

butcher2
05-06-2009, 07:27 AM
Stop drinking beer and get committed to losing it? The bottom line is most people who aren't losing the fat are either eating crap or not doing enough exercise. Get both in check and you're on the road to success. No such thing as spot reducing. The reality is fat around the waist is the first to accumulate and the last to leave. Be persistent, stay at the diet for more than four weeks, and you'll see results.

My advice would be a clean diet and more cardio. That's about all you really can do.

operationblade2
05-06-2009, 09:27 AM
I like have a drink on the weekend to relax, would this 'binge' as such keep me at the same weight even though I walk at least 3 miles a day and go to the gym 3 times a week?

Or is the simple answer purely dont drink lmao

Trainwreck
05-06-2009, 10:02 AM
Drink whiskey, 50 something cals per shot and it gets you 'relaxed' faster :P. It all depends on how fast you want to lose the weight, if you really want it gone you'll stop drinking.

Unreal
05-06-2009, 02:22 PM
I like have a drink on the weekend to relax, would this 'binge' as such keep me at the same weight even though I walk at least 3 miles a day and go to the gym 3 times a week?

Or is the simple answer purely dont drink lmao

Easily. 3 miles may burn 1/3 of a drink.

Mercuryblade
05-06-2009, 02:26 PM
Just work alcohol calories into your macros.

Be prepared to eat nothing but fresh vegetables and protein shakes though...

Pimpstick
05-06-2009, 02:42 PM
Just remember that 4 regular beers have as many calories as a weight gainer shake.

Personally, I drink no alcohol whatsoever when cutting, then make up for it in the beginning stages of my next bulk.

Mercuryblade
05-06-2009, 02:50 PM
Just remember that 4 regular beers have as many calories as a weight gainer shake.

Personally, I drink no alcohol whatsoever when cutting, then make up for it in the beginning stages of my next bulk.

I'm working full time and then coming home to study for the MCAT for 2-3 hours each day, so it's either red wine and a book for me or I'll be up until 8 am.

Protein shakes and vegetables are starting to get really old.

rich_py
05-10-2009, 01:14 PM
or just give up drinking.. i did, u can still have a good time