PDA

View Full Version : Arms shrink while cutting?

Reinier
04-15-2002, 09:10 AM
at the end of my bulk i was about 208 or 210 lbs with 14-14.5" ish arms ( I`m very tall thats the weird ratio)

now im like 187 lbs and i just measured my arm, 13.5"

my curls and dips have both actually progressed.(if even only a bit) have i still lost muscle there or is it still fat?

Blood&Iron
04-15-2002, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by Reinier
at the end of my bulk i was about 208 or 210 lbs with 14-14.5" ish arms ( I`m very tall thats the weird ratio)

now im like 187 lbs and i just measured my arm, 13.5"

my curls and dips have both actually progressed.(if even only a bit) have i still lost muscle there or is it still fat?

You probably lost some. One can gain strength even while losing muscle due to increased neurological efficiency. Regular bodyfat tests are the only real way to be sure what is going on.

I myself am down from 217 to 195 and have lost 9.39lbs of muscle(7lbs of this occured in my first 2 months of dieting; I'm not sure why actually.) My arms are down 1/2 inch.

Reinier
04-15-2002, 12:10 PM
I want bodyfat calipers. what sort of places sell them? I dont have a creditcard for internet sites and GNC isn`t down here

Blood&Iron
04-15-2002, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by Reinier
I want bodyfat calipers. what sort of places sell them? I dont have a creditcard for internet sites and GNC isn`t down here
Can't help you there. I'd ask at your gym. They might be able to do if for you(This is what I do. Just make sure it's always the same person), or tell you where you can get a pair.

the_hall
04-15-2002, 01:26 PM
What kind of diet are you guys on? BI, aren't you on a ckd? Then shouldnt it be water retention? I thought a ckd was supposed to spare muscle loss, i might rethink cutting if there is a chance i will lose that much muscle.

Blood&Iron
04-15-2002, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by the_hall
What kind of diet are you guys on? BI, aren't you on a ckd? Then shouldnt it be water retention? I thought a ckd was supposed to spare muscle loss, i might rethink cutting if there is a chance i will lose that much muscle.
I am using a cyclical isocaloric diet. Actually, I've lost little muscle in the past 3 months(Look in my journal if you want a bit more detail, as yesterday I did a summary of results thus far), but I lost quite a bit during the initial 2 months of dieting. I have suspicions with regard to why this occurred, but I still find it quite odd, considering I was eating about 3000kcal per day on hypocaloric days, with refeeds of about 20% above maintenance after every two days of dieting.