PDA

View Full Version : Hi and help with hips

martin
05-03-2009, 10:35 AM
Hey everyone,

Firstly hello to everyone here - I notice there are some top lifters here and I'm hoping for some help from any of you guys.

After my last meet I have had real bad pains in the front of my hip, right where the quad / sartorius tendons originate. The physio said I have reactive tendonosus (sp) basically a bad reaction from the tendons trying to heal.

He thought it could be from the pressure of my squat suit and breifs. Has anyone experienced this before? Any ideas?

Cheers,

Martin

Cards
05-03-2009, 11:37 AM
maybe you pulled something, is this the first time it happened? if it's just tendonitis, lay off of it for a few days, maybe a week and take nsaids. you'll be back to new in no time.

martin
05-04-2009, 06:27 AM
Sadly it's not a pull, just the tendons flaring up after wearing a tight suit.

Yeah this is the only time it's happened, it's been 4-5 weeks and still not right.

Just wondered if anyone else has had this happen from a tight suit? Or even if anyone has had trouble with their stability in their hips from weak adductors / sartorius / glute med and what they did to rectify it?

Got a big comp in 8 weeks and need to hit a big squat to give me a good chance of the title.

Help appreciated,

Martin

EatMyWay2TheTop
05-04-2009, 06:40 AM
Not sure if that is the same thing but I've had some pain in that area too. It got away when I started stretching it the day after each squat/deadlift workout. Here's the best link I could find, the first exercice is the one I used primarly but Im pretty sure there's some more. Hope it can helps and good luck with your competition.

http://stronglifts.com/the-psoas-is-it-killing-your-back/

perksy
05-06-2009, 12:54 AM
I get this quit a bit. Sometimes it can get so painful, I can't squat properly. I have found doing foam rolling twice a day and applying ice after training really helps. It all comes down to managing the problem. Keep training, but treat it all ther time and you should be good. Also rub in some deap heat or something before training.

martin
05-06-2009, 06:19 AM
I get this quit a bit. Sometimes it can get so painful, I can't squat properly. I have found doing foam rolling twice a day and applying ice after training really helps. It all comes down to managing the problem. Keep training, but treat it all ther time and you should be good. Also rub in some deap heat or something before training.

Cheers man, this sounds pretty similar.

I'm going to bite the bullet and do some raw squats next week. I can now do BW squats ok without pain in the area.

Ice, rolls, NSAID's are gonna be my bets friend for the next 8 weeks :)

PS - this only started after going down a size in the hips of my Titan Boss, then putting an extra 10lbs on after making weight, making it stupidly tight in the hips...