PDA

View Full Version : weight gainers...

Virtron
05-04-2009, 09:18 AM
hey guys,

what would you say is the best weight gainer... i mean i know food is better and all that, but believe me if I could fit in eating the way i need to I would. i go from 9-7:30 after breakfast and i only get a break for one meal in between. i just got two buckets of nitrean. So i'm gonna do a 3 shake a day deal. Plus, I drink milk when I get the chance, breakfast and before bed, but there are times during the day that I am really hungry. Hence, the need for a weight gainer. So, if you really had to, what would you guys take? whats efficient, I dont care about price.

Progress
05-04-2009, 10:32 AM
Two cups of whole milk
Scoop of ice cream
Half cup of oats
Tbsp NPB
Scoop of protein powder

Virtron
05-04-2009, 10:52 AM
heres my question about ice cream... doesn't that only have useless carbs? by useless i mean sugar and not complex carbs... and are complex carbs better for mass or simple sugar... i'm confused about this.

The other thing is that i dont have any place to refrigerate that. =(

twm
05-04-2009, 11:34 AM
you could probably add some additional raw oats and natty pb to negate the lack of icecream.

skyizm
05-04-2009, 12:02 PM
i want to gain weight...i am very thin..please help me..
___

Clifford Gillmore
05-04-2009, 12:35 PM
I think I had a recipie for a sickly 1000+cal Shake, that tasted lovely!

100g gainer, 50g carb/45 pro (Most weight gainers should have a 60/40 thing going on - I can't remember what opticen had in it, but lots of people have used it)
2 Tablespoons peanut butter
4 banana's (2 if big!)
50ml+ Macadamia oil (Excellent alt to olive oil, depends on taste/cost)
750ml Milk

this can add to a diet if you fail to get calories in via solid foods.

Track your diet, track what you eat. Do this for a week, you will quickly discover how little you actually consume - I don't care what you say, you are not gaining weight. When you work out what you have eaten for the week, break everything down into days (on averages). Mainly concern yourself with Calories at the moment, so if you have consumed 15000cal this week you have been eating 2143cals a day. If you weight stayed the same at the start of the week and at the end of week this is the calorie amount you need to consume to maintain your current weight. To gain weight add a few hundred Cals a week, maybe bump it up to 2400cals a week. You see?

Thats gaining weight in its simplist forms, after you have come back with your numbers and decided how you need to eat you now need to work out where the calories are coming from. These are you macro's, your carbs/fats/proteins - whats coming from where. Its all well and good drinking weight gain shakes, eating more and training - you need to know what does what to you, what your body needs and wants to grow.

This is absolute pain to workout, but very quickly you can do things off the top of your head - if you keep with it long enough. Even if you throw up a few days of what you ate, and some rough weights of things we can help you out :)

Progress
05-04-2009, 12:41 PM
heres my question about ice cream... doesn't that only have useless carbs? by useless i mean sugar and not complex carbs... and are complex carbs better for mass or simple sugar... i'm confused about this.

The other thing is that i dont have any place to refrigerate that. =(

If you're concerned about sugar you can get no sugar added ice cream or, as noted above, cut it out all together.

As to your second concern:

http://www.redrockoutdoor.com.au/images/Coleman%20Cooler%20Blue%205lt.jpg

Clifford Gillmore
05-04-2009, 12:45 PM

Yarrr, rock the cooler. Dextrose, gainer powder and milk powder can all be stored in ziplock bags ready to be mixed with water whenever you need them.

Reko
05-04-2009, 01:23 PM
Budweiser.

MadScientist
05-04-2009, 02:25 PM
maltodextrin aka pure corn starch

7lbs = $15

dextrose aka pure corn sugar

2.2lbs = $2

Water aka drink it

Whey aka buy it and dont pay for shipping

Bananas aka bananas

Milled flax seeds = 16oz = $2

Bako Lifter
05-04-2009, 03:04 PM
Bako Shakes.

Virtron
05-08-2009, 09:41 AM
If you're concerned about sugar you can get no sugar added ice cream or, as noted above, cut it out all together.

As to your second concern:

Right but doesn't that cut out the carb value. Its not that I'm worried about sugar. I just don't see whats the point of consuming it? I mean ok, the protein content is great and it provides calories that are useful. even the fat is needed sure. but what do you need sugar for? I mean whats the difference between that sugar and putting a 100g scoop of protein in some Snapple... besides the fact that it would taste like ****.

Progress
05-09-2009, 09:22 AM
Right but doesn't that cut out the carb value. Its not that I'm worried about sugar. I just don't see whats the point of consuming it? I mean ok, the protein content is great and it provides calories that are useful. even the fat is needed sure. but what do you need sugar for? I mean whats the difference between that sugar and putting a 100g scoop of protein in some Snapple... besides the fact that it would taste like ****.

The basic idea is to break down the macros in your diet for the day and see if putting ice cream in will fit into that. Sugar is sugar, yes, but most people like ice cream because it tastes good and makes the shake like a milk shake. Ice cream also has fat which may be good for your diet.

VikingWarlord
05-10-2009, 08:51 AM
hey guys,

what would you say is the best weight gainer... i mean i know food is better and all that, but believe me if I could fit in eating the way i need to I would. i go from 9-7:30 after breakfast and i only get a break for one meal in between. i just got two buckets of nitrean. So i'm gonna do a 3 shake a day deal. Plus, I drink milk when I get the chance, breakfast and before bed, but there are times during the day that I am really hungry. Hence, the need for a weight gainer. So, if you really had to, what would you guys take? whats efficient, I dont care about price.

You can do what everyone else said OR you can make huge batches of real food and portion them out ahead of time and still carry a cooler around.

There are 168 hours in a week. If you sleep 6-8 hours per night (this is a requirement), that leaves you 112-126 hours per week to work or do your school stuff. Either way, unless you're a full time student AND have two full time jobs, you have time to prepare real food.

No one on the planet has a schedule that full.

Pimpstick
05-10-2009, 09:14 AM
You can do what everyone else said OR you can make huge batches of real food and portion them out ahead of time and still carry a cooler around.

There are 168 hours in a week. If you sleep 6-8 hours per night (this is a requirement), that leaves you 112-126 hours per week to work or do your school stuff. Either way, unless you're a full time student AND have two full time jobs, you have time to prepare real food.

No one on the planet has a schedule that full.

Says the guy who's no longer a student and just got laid off :)

Nah, I'm playing, gotta get a cheap shot in once in a while. Viking is right, there is no way you are too busy to prepare a lot of food. Hard boil eggs while you study, buy a slow cooker and get cheap cuts of meat and let them cook while you are studying/working.

VikingWarlord
05-10-2009, 09:18 AM
Says the guy who's no longer a student and just got laid off :)

Nah, I'm playing, gotta get a cheap shot in once in a while. Viking is right, there is no way you are too busy to prepare a lot of food. Hard boil eggs while you study, buy a slow cooker and get cheap cuts of meat and let them cook while you are studying/working.

Well...I do have something that resembles a job but I work from home...except when they have me going to bars to flirt and take pictures of hot women and drunks. :D

The slow cooker. How could I have forgotten to include that?

rich_py
05-10-2009, 01:09 PM
i use atlas super weightgainer, 1500 calroies per serving, but in all honesty i cant see the point in that i half the serving and get 750calories 50g protein and 100g carbs

rctriplefresh5
05-10-2009, 02:45 PM
hey guys,

if you have nitreon why not use that>?

anyway my weight gainer is homeade and is 1460 calories, 88 carbs, and 96 grams of protein. the fatscontents are 88 grams but a few grams of the fats come from healthy sources anyways

32 oz whole milk
4 tbsp natural omega threes peanut butter
1/2 cup-1 cup chocolate ice cream
2 scoops of whey proteins.

one time idrank this shake iin 10 minutes but ithink its smarter to give your self at least 2 hours to drink this beast. divide it up into two 750 calorie meals lols. i came up with this shake last night. before that iwas using oats and it tasted horribly and had only 1000 calories same carbs and like 70 grams of proteins. this thing tastes much better contain more protein, is smoother mixes better and the texture is outstanding. the taste is great as well luls.