PDA

View Full Version : Help With Diet During Recovery

Rip.66.
05-07-2009, 08:02 AM
I am going to be having my meniscus repaired on May 11th, this will keep me out of the weight room for at least a month. I know that I am going to lose a lot of muscle and weight. I am looking for a diet that will help me lose fat during my rest period, which is going to be a very long time. I am Currently 260, bech 320,dead over 500 and squat near 400. I know I am heavy but I do have a lot of muscle. I want to get down to 245-250 during recovery w/o losing too much muscle. Any suggestions on calorie counts and %'s of protein-carbs-fats are much appreciated. Plus, I do have rubber bands that I can use for my upper body training.

Unreal
05-07-2009, 08:35 AM
I would focus on maintaining and healing. I hurt my back and eating around maintence has made me feel a lot better then dieting during a time to heal.

Pimpstick
05-07-2009, 09:03 AM
You won't atrophy that much in one month's time. As unreal implicitly stated, a time of injury/nontraining is no time for a cut. Lifting is what helps us preserve muscle during a cut. Caloric deficit + no training = rapid muscle loss.

I'd eat at maintenance or maybe ever so slightly above.

Rip.66.
05-08-2009, 09:15 AM
I understand that I will lose more muscle if I cut down intake but I also want to try and lose fat. I think I will go 3/2 normal calorie count and see if I can lose some fat. I know I will be able to get my strength back quickly.I would like to get lighter and then build lean muscle.

Pimpstick
05-08-2009, 09:27 AM
I understand that I will lose more muscle if I cut down intake but I also want to try and lose fat. I think I will go 3/2 normal calorie count and see if I can lose some fat. I know I will be able to get my strength back quickly.I would like to get lighter and then build lean muscle.

Uh, that's a 50% increase over maintenance....

I don't think you will lose fat.