PDA

View Full Version : Targeted Ketogenic Diet

Spiderman
04-16-2001, 12:20 PM
Ok, I know some of you's guys have done this, don't recall who though. Spidey has decided to cut some bodyfat before his next cycle. So I need some help because I haven't done this for a REAL long time. Soooo...when should my carbs be? I was thinking a small amount at breakfast and then some in my post-workout meal and thats it. However, should I still keep a mod-high fat intake while doing it? Any help I can get here is appreciated. Thanks. :cool:

Azn Sensation
04-16-2001, 05:13 PM
Hey,
Although I have never done a TKD before, I have done a lot of reaserach on it and might be able to help you out. Getting your carbs early and/or after your post workout are the most ideal times. Especially post workout. Make sure you do not take them late at night, your body may use up all the energy from carbs that way.
You should also keep a relatively mod/high fat intake while doing the TKD. This allows your body to get into using fat as its main source of fuel and you will stay in ketosis better that way. Too much protein intake will cause your body to use glucose as energy. So keep the fat intake high!
Hope this helps, lates

04-16-2001, 08:45 PM
anyone know if you can get into ketosis on 80-100g of carbs a day or does it have to be extremely low - like under 30g?

beercan
04-17-2001, 05:47 AM
LP knows best about these, but 50 simple carbs is good.....taken either right before, or right after training.....It wouldn't make sense to eat them early, in the day, then go train at 6pm, LOL

MWB
04-17-2001, 05:48 AM
I think it depends on how much muscle you have. A big guy woth a lot of muscle can probably be in ketosis at 50, but a smaller guy might not be. Not 100% sure on that though.

Dabomber
04-17-2001, 10:12 PM
I dont know what's ur opinion about TKD diet but i dont really recommend it unless it is under "special" attention..
Low carb, high fat diet will increase your insulin resistanse which won't help you at all. just do simple zone diet or somthing like that.. and do cardio lots..

Alex.V
04-17-2001, 11:32 PM
Why not do a CKD? They're a bit easier to control, since you don't have to worry QUITE as much about calibrating your exercise to carb intake and vice-versa.

Wizard
04-18-2001, 03:32 AM
After finishing any keto diet,you should start adding about 10 grams of carbs every day so that you won't re-gain any bodyfat.It's a good way to control insulin resistanse,along with taking some ala.

the doc
04-18-2001, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by Dabomber
I dont know what's ur opinion about TKD diet but i dont really recommend it unless it is under "special" attention..
Low carb, high fat diet will increase your insulin resistanse which won't help you at all. just do simple zone diet or somthing like that.. and do cardio lots..

how can not consuming carbs increase insulin resistance? DOnt you mean "increase insulin sensitivity"?

Paul Stagg
04-21-2001, 11:33 AM
Get Lyle McDonald's book.

No carbs other than right aroud your workout (I like pre workout)

Under 20g a day 'till you are in ketosis, then you can go up as high as 100g or so, depending.

Approx 70% of cals from fat.