PDA

View Full Version : Am I doing the squat correctly?

cpage
05-07-2009, 02:01 PM
Hi, I was wondering if someone could tell me if I'm doing the squat correctly. I'm not sure if I'm doing it right.

ps. it's not letting me post videos.
here are the urls

Ijb2qORUeqI

ZESpvrN2ZKw

Hazerboy
05-07-2009, 02:11 PM
Your form's pretty good. The only advice I would give you is to "spread your chest" and arch your back more. Also, post some vids of you using your work weight and we'll be able to give you a little better advice. Don't bounce out of the whole either, though I'm assuming you're just doing that because you're only using the bar.

Travis Bell
05-07-2009, 02:13 PM
Get your head up as well.

Put some weight on there and see if your form changes at all.

Don't bounce in the hole like that

nockits
05-07-2009, 02:16 PM
almost. in the beginning of the video (in the second link), it looked like you were rounding your back a bit (along the top), but corrected it part way through.
-make sure the bar is resting on your traps, and you pull them together to do so.
-also make sure your back is arched. you can do this by trying to stick out your butt as much as you can while going down.
-keep your head looking up. looking straight ahead or down can cause rounding of the back, and imbalance with heavier weights.
-when loaded with weights, remember to look up (this will help because it prevents you from leaning forward), tighten your glutes and hams, and push up through your heels.

cpage
05-07-2009, 04:44 PM
Thanks for the replies. I can see what you mean how i bounce up from the hole. I'll post a new video soon with some weight on the pole to get a better idea. Thanks again.

cpage
05-09-2009, 01:18 PM
Hi, i was wondering how my squat form is? How could i improve it. thanks.

V-bAGm_qM1M

ffPEpaZkgIw

Keith
05-09-2009, 02:24 PM
Your form actually looks decent - nothing really stands out that's an eye sore. I would ditch the shoes, though, and get something with a flat sole or bare foot. Those shoes look like they have quite a bit of cushioning to them.

Jorge Sanchez
05-09-2009, 04:24 PM
I merged this thread with the one you already had started for your squat form. In the future, please post your videos in the members pics and videos section.

Your form looks good to me. It looks like it's time to add more weight.