PDA

View Full Version : Your thoughts

GHOGH
05-07-2009, 06:32 PM
Hey guys,
I have posted a few times with some questions and have gotten awesome answers. This site has so much knowledge it is unreal. Anyway I wanted to get some insight, or opinions. I currently weigh 232lbs. My bench is now at 400 1Rep, I have pulled 425, and squatted a measly 365. Oh and all these current PR's have been done non equipped, and by non equipped I mean absolutely nothing, belt, chalk, straps, suits, nada.

So my next question is, to be somewhat competitive what kind of numbers should I be looking at, at my bodyweight?

Thanks in advance for your opinions and suggestions.

ChickenLegs83
05-07-2009, 06:48 PM
Hey guys,
I have posted a few times with some questions and have gotten awesome answers. This site has so much knowledge it is unreal. Anyway I wanted to get some insight, or opinions. I currently weigh 232lbs. My bench is now at 400 1Rep, I have pulled 425, and squatted a measly 365. Oh and all these current PR's have been done non equipped, and by non equipped I mean absolutely nothing, belt, chalk, straps, suits, nada.

So my next question is, to be somewhat competitive what kind of numbers should I be looking at, at my bodyweight?

Thanks in advance for your opinions and suggestions.

What federation?

Raw or equipped (single or multi-ply)?

Tested or untested?

vdizenzo
05-07-2009, 06:52 PM
I am not trying to come off as an ass, but just compete and find out. Powerlifters are some of the greatest people in the world. Go meet up with them and compete. You will love the experience and learn a lot.

ChickenLegs83
05-07-2009, 06:53 PM
I am not trying to come off as an ass, but just compete and find out. Powerlifters are some of the greatest people in the world. Go meet up with them and compete. You will love the experience and learn a lot.

I completely agree.

It's the only sport where competitors cheer each other on.

Reko
05-07-2009, 07:08 PM
this:

the level of competition will depend on what size meet you go to, and who decides to show up and how they do. It is absolutely a blast to do and the people are generally more than welcome to help, provided they are not asked at a bad time.

GHOGH
05-07-2009, 07:25 PM

I actually personally know three of the guys on this site and your absolutely right. I did one comp when I was 16, am now 32. I am thinking of doing a comp in December, I wanted to do the one in Westbrook that Danforth talked about but I am in Canada that day for vacation.

Sgt Rock, Mike Danforth and Damian "BPM" Osgood are the guys I know whom all worked out at my father's gym back in good ol Wilton ME. They also post on this forum.

HP666
05-07-2009, 08:28 PM
Yeah, don't worry about numbers. Go lift what you can lift and you'll be sure to learn a helluva lot and have a great time.

barbell01
05-07-2009, 08:33 PM
too many poeple think they have to total a billion lbs. before they do a meet, i'm not saying that you are one of them but who cares what other poeple do? the internet is full of meet results if you wanna take a look at how you compare. the best advice you can get is to just do a meet. i have so many poeple i know that don't do meets because they think they don't put up big enough numbers yet and it is frustrating, you don't have to win your first meet, just go out and get a taste of what it's like. good luck, i hope you compete soon.