PDA

View Full Version : Not Able to Take Most Supplements

KoSh
05-08-2009, 06:27 AM
This is the part of training that is so hard for me.

I have a dairy allergy (not to be confused with lactose intolerant, I'm allergic, no shot is going to save me) and an egg allergy.

This eliminates most types of proteins/supplements that I am able to use.

I'm currently taking one scoop of soy protein a day (25g of protein) in order to reach my protein needs, and that works well, but I can't really do much else from what I've read.

I'm 24 years old, been training seriously for about 6 years.

5'9" (Thought I was 5'10" until I had myself measured a couple weeks ago)
187 pounds.

Currently doing Westside for Skinny Bastards Routine.

I've made great gains without the use of supplements.

Pre workout I usually have a wheat and meat sandwich, PWO I have the soy protein shake, and then I usually eat dinner not too long after with something carb heavy.

That's a major pain.

I was wondering if AtLarge had anything to offer me in terms of helping me with this issue, or if anyone has any recommendations at all.

I'm fine doing things the way I've been doing them, but I feel like my gains have been stalled due to my inability to properly supplement my diet.

rctriplefresh5
05-08-2009, 08:35 AM
i would say to you suck it up and dont use supplements, because supplements are like .05 of actual lifting. and that .05 comes after perfecting all else. however icant imagine how hard it is to get in your calories from actual foods since i live on a milkand fast food diet. my advice to you is to continue to use the soy proterin and buy some soy chocolate milk. mix around 32 oz with two scoops of soy protein and 1 cup of oats and youve got a 900 or so calorie shake(im not sure how many calories b/c i do this thing with real whole milk and it adds up to 1000 calories, i know soy is less calories.) .

Travis Bell
05-08-2009, 09:29 AM
You bet we do!

ETS is an excellent recovery enhancer. I notice a major difference between when I am taking or not taking ETS

RESULTS would also be a very wise choice.

Neither of these have dairy products in them and both will greatly help you.

Pimpstick
05-08-2009, 10:38 AM
I guess Travis deleted my post (meany), but when I said "take yo vitamins" that was supposed to be a plug for ALN's Multi-Plus and Fish Oil. Two quality non-dairy supplements they make.

malkore
05-08-2009, 11:12 AM
eat more steak, chicken, salmon, etc.

nobody actually 'needs' supplements, its just often too convenient to throw a shake or two in the mix...at least for most of us. allergies suck.

KoSh
05-08-2009, 11:21 AM
Yeah, malkore. I'd love to eat more of that. I eat alot of that as it is, but I can't afford to eat that much. I don't have the income. Trying to find more cost effective ways.

Thanks for the help in this thread.

I have zero issue continuing on like I have. I put up good numbers without that stuff.

Mercuryblade
05-08-2009, 04:12 PM
This is the part of training that is so hard for me.

I have a dairy allergy (not to be confused with lactose intolerant, I'm allergic, no shot is going to save me) and an egg allergy.

This eliminates most types of proteins/supplements that I am able to use.

I'm currently taking one scoop of soy protein a day (25g of protein) in order to reach my protein needs, and that works well, but I can't really do much else from what I've read.

I'm 24 years old, been training seriously for about 6 years.

5'9" (Thought I was 5'10" until I had myself measured a couple weeks ago)
187 pounds.

Currently doing Westside for Skinny Bastards Routine.

I've made great gains without the use of supplements.

Pre workout I usually have a wheat and meat sandwich, PWO I have the soy protein shake, and then I usually eat dinner not too long after with something carb heavy.

That's a major pain.

I was wondering if AtLarge had anything to offer me in terms of helping me with this issue, or if anyone has any recommendations at all.

I'm fine doing things the way I've been doing them, but I feel like my gains have been stalled due to my inability to properly supplement my diet.

Buy a freezer, you can find one on amazon for less than $200 http://www.amazon.com/s/qid=1241820628/ref=sr_kk_1?ie=UTF8&search-alias=aps&field-keywords=chest%20freezerI recommend the "chest" style as opposed to the upright, its easier to keep stuff in:

Go to a cost-co or sam's club and pick up a big bag of frozen chicken breasts, giant cases of tuna cans, and big bags of almonds (for healthy fats and proteins, 1 cup has 800 calories). Try and find a friend (or two) and buy a half a cow, throw all that meat in your freezer.

joey54
05-08-2009, 06:26 PM
There is beef protein isolate for powder, but it is kind of expensive.

Dingus
05-09-2009, 06:52 PM
Yeah, malkore. I'd love to eat more of that. I eat alot of that as it is, but I can't afford to eat that much. I don't have the income. Trying to find more cost effective ways.

Thanks for the help in this thread.

I have zero issue continuing on like I have. I put up good numbers without that stuff.

Meat is pretty cheap when compared to protein powders, tuna is extremely cheap. They make protein powders out of peas and hemp as well so you could try those but if you're looking to save money its probably not the best bet.

chris mason
05-10-2009, 07:39 PM
Get RESULTS from AtLarge. It is the only supplement you need to achieve your goals. You will NOT be disappointed.

thewicked
05-17-2009, 12:33 PM
RESULTS..hands downs is one of the best supplements i've ever had the pleasure of using from ANY company. As of late, and recent studies, imparted on myself and a few clients and friends of mine, I now recommend it even before protien as THE supplement to have if you had to only choose one. I've got a write up and analysis i've been working on and will post it up after running it by chris first.

and as of late.. I couldn't live without my ETS. After deadlifting alot of volume, the first week wihtout it I was wishing i had a pain pill prescription... but this past week taking it as recommended, I feel a little residual soreness but that's it!! AWESOME!