PDA

View Full Version : Tom Mutaffis- type of belt?

Brian C
05-08-2009, 03:07 PM
Hey Tom, I'm looking to get into some strongman training and was wondering what type of belt do you wear? Is it really wide or are you wearing something else along with it? My lower back is injury prone, so I wanted something with the most support and yours looks to be that. Thanks in advance.

Ben Moore
05-08-2009, 03:46 PM
Personal preference - regular belt, or lever. Some wear a Rehband belt underneath for yoke or heavier events.

Tom Mutaffis
05-08-2009, 03:56 PM
Personal preference - regular belt, or lever. Some wear a Rehband belt underneath for yoke or heavier events.

Exactly. A good 13mm 4" power belt, single prong or lever (double prong are hard to get on and off).

The blue belt that I was wearing is a neoprene support belt that I wear underneath the power belt or on events where a solid belt may get in the way. I would not recommend getting one of these though - if you have a good power belt that is all you need to get started.

I have actually been shopping for a new one, but the top brands are Inzer, Bob's Belts, Titan, and APT. The Bob's Belt / Inzer forever belts seem to be the best quality, with the APT being the best price.