PDA

View Full Version : i need to change

dom7226
05-08-2009, 05:34 PM
i am just starting to work out and i have been reading on the forums that i need to have a better diet so i see better results quicker. im 20 5'8 and about 155lbs, im not "fat" but i could definatly lose the bit on my stomach. its kinda hard for me to eat healthy all the time cause i still live at home and my parents arent the healthiest eaters and its a hell of alot cheaper to eat what they make than buy all my own food and learn to cook healthier (i do try and eat a senseable amount though, like if they order pizza ill honestly only eat like 1 maybe 2 pieces), i will if i have to though. lunch is also a pain cause i got like every fast food place within a 1/2 mile, and its so easy for me to run across the street and get a cheeseburger, but again i want to change so i need to make better choices. pretty much my day goes i wake up 5am eat 1 bowl of oatmeal, work at 630, lunch around 1230-1245 get cheeseburger or somethin along those lines. get off at 3. work out from 4-5 go home and eat dinner. i dont drink soda often maybe like once a week and i try to drink about 5 water bottles full per day. my diet questions are if im suppost to eat 6 smaller meals what would you reccomend for each meal. lunch is a big one i need to fix and i dont mind bringing lunch. also i have whey protien powder, could i use that to supplement one or two of the meals? if i need to answer any questions please let me know. thanks

Trainwreck
05-08-2009, 08:16 PM
If you really wanna lose weight you'll change your eating habits. Try to get at least 1 gram of protein per lb of body weight and make sure you're eating below maintenance. Try to limit sugars to pwo or in the morning and stay away from trans fat. Also, up the water intake.

joey54
05-08-2009, 08:32 PM
Honestly it sounds like you know what you have to do and have come up with a number of excuses as to why you "can't". You don't need to lose weight, you need to gain muscle. Oatmeal in the morning is a good start. Good protein choices include whole eggs, lean beef, turkey, chicken, salmon, tuna, etc..... Some like to use dairy like cottage cheese, yogurt and milk. I don't, but if it works for you go ahead. Good carb sources include oatmeal, brown rice, yams, vegetables, and fruits. You need to watch the sugar content on fruits. You can mix some vegetables with brown rice, like beans or lentils to make a pretty high protein, high carb meal with a good amount of fiber in it. For vegetables I like brocoli, aspargus, spinach, black beans, and lentils. For fruits I like to eat oranges, grapefruits, pineapple, and avacados. Don't forget nuts like almonds and wanuts. Peanut butter and olive oil are good sources of fat. So is flax seed oil. Some people supplement with fish oil. Using a whey protein powder would be a good way to make sure you are getting enough protein throughout the day. Try to get about 185 gms of protein per day consistently for a month or so, and I bet you will see progress. Most important, just get it done. Like I said, it sounds like you have a good idea what you need to do already, so do it.

03mach421
05-09-2009, 12:17 AM
Honestly it sounds like you know what you have to do and have come up with a number of excuses as to why you "can't". You don't need to lose weight, you need to gain muscle. Oatmeal in the morning is a good start. Good protein choices include whole eggs, lean beef, turkey, chicken, salmon, tuna, etc..... Some like to use dairy like cottage cheese, yogurt and milk. I don't, but if it works for you go ahead. Good carb sources include oatmeal, brown rice, yams, vegetables, and fruits. You need to watch the sugar content on fruits. You can mix some vegetables with brown rice, like beans or lentils to make a pretty high protein, high carb meal with a good amount of fiber in it. For vegetables I like brocoli, aspargus, spinach, black beans, and lentils. For fruits I like to eat oranges, grapefruits, pineapple, and avacados. Don't forget nuts like almonds and wanuts. Peanut butter and olive oil are good sources of fat. So is flax seed oil. Some people supplement with fish oil. Using a whey protein powder would be a good way to make sure you are getting enough protein throughout the day. Try to get about 185 gms of protein per day consistently for a month or so, and I bet you will see progress. Most important, just get it done. Like I said, it sounds like you have a good idea what you need to do already, so do it.

Exactly. If you REALLY want to change and lose your extra weight (which at 5'8" and 155lbs doesnt seem like you are fat at all) you will find a way to get it done, Its all about determination and fighting those cravings, after a while you get used to it and its easy. Now if i even think about fast food/candy i want to throw up because i know ill feel like crap after i eat it. Just eat healthy, lift and tough it out and you'll be fine. Good luck!