PDA

View Full Version : Squatted with bands for the first time

BFGUITAR
05-09-2009, 07:47 AM
Now I know why you guys love it so much. Heavy at the top! I warmed up with the bar and it felt a bit weird but I got the hang of it. I can tell it teaches you to push as hard as you can throughout the whole lift because if you don't give it your all at the top your falling back on your ass! The big guys told me it's an additional 70-100lbs at the top roughly.

I did DE squats with bands. Do you guys do ME with bands+chains? I could only assume so. That must be ridiculous.

Pete22
05-09-2009, 10:08 AM
What color bands were they? Yeah most people will cycle in bands and/or chains on ME days as well. It can get pretty brutal... but that's the fun part.

BFGUITAR
05-09-2009, 10:09 AM
They were yellow. I'm not sure if the colour is a standard among companies. Are bands/chains for squats only done on a box for ME?

barbell01
05-09-2009, 10:13 AM
no, not just box.

Pete22
05-09-2009, 10:14 AM
Traditionally they are, but nothing says you have to. You can use bands/chains on free squats or any other way you like.

barbell01
05-09-2009, 10:15 AM
do what ever you want, just set pr's is the important thing.

Reko
05-09-2009, 12:46 PM
They were yellow. I'm not sure if the colour is a standard among companies. Are bands/chains for squats only done on a box for ME?
WE've used straight weight, bands, and chains for both DE and ME. All three work. Just depends on where one is in their training and where their weak points are. We do mostly box since that is what we like to use (or I do at least). You can do free or box.

This:

do what ever you want, just set pr's is the important thing.

MarcusWild
05-09-2009, 01:56 PM
Yes, you can do ME with bands/chains. I use bands/chains more often than not on ME day.

Chris Rodgers
05-09-2009, 04:10 PM
I like to use a lot of band tension on free squats and work up to a heavy 1-3RM. I have done these a lot over the years and I can pretty much unrack any weight with ease. The one meet where I took out bands going in, everything was shaky out of the rack and it definitely affected me.