PDA

View Full Version : ME Bench Training 5-9-09

mikesbench
05-09-2009, 01:40 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zalfn7lZzow&feature=channel_page

Portions of my bench training today. Floor press with chains up to 325 + 3 chains / side. Bench off Foam Roller - 405 x 2, and 315 x 12. JM Presses with bands (Travis, if you take a look at this could you giv me some feedback on my JM's?). Chest supported rows.

Travis Bell
05-09-2009, 02:45 PM
Good stuff Mike! That floor press was way strong

The JM presses weren't quite there though. You need to take the bar towards your chin, not your chest. You are tucking correctly, you just need to roll the bar back towards your chin/throat and take it deeper

mikesbench
05-09-2009, 07:33 PM
Thanks Travis, that's exactly what I was wondering about with the JM's.

I've seen them described so many different ways. Next time I'll work on moving the groove up towards the throat. Is it essentially a bar extension to the throat where you just allow your elbows to drop rather than remain up?

I tried to work on keeping the butt down this time on the floor press; I mssed the 335 + chains basically because I wouldn't let myself totally sky my ass. I'm pretty sure right on the chest is a big weakness for me because the 325 + chains really flew up; I think because of the chain deloading; but when I use straight weight I generally get stuck near the bottom when I miss.

Thanks for your help Travis!