PDA

View Full Version : Need some help please.

vikes2427
05-10-2009, 09:03 PM
Im new here my name is Bobby in 17 about 5'6 or 5,7 and i play football for my highschool team. i use to be very good when i was one of the bigger kids in the grammer school but i have not grown to much since then. i want to get back to starter form again. Theres not alot of time before summer practices start i joined this message board to get some help gaining as much muscle as possible. i weigh about 180 pounds for max outs at school its our weight times reps. bench = 180X9 incline 180x7 squats 180x 50. im looking to get on a good nutrition plan and some extra lifts i could do at the gym. Also i would like to improve my speed. If anyone can help it would greatly be appreciated.

slashkills
05-11-2009, 04:43 PM
check the stickies... westside for skinny bastards is a great routine.

vikes2427
05-11-2009, 04:59 PM
Mmk thanks for the help

WillNoble
05-11-2009, 05:27 PM
agreed, best thing out there for young ball players trying to pack on size and strength and increase speed.

vikes2427
05-11-2009, 05:47 PM
But i run into a little problem because we workout at school monday wednesday and friday. we switch up the sets and reps everyday. we bench,incline,curl,squat, seated row, upright rows leg curls and extensions and military press every time we workout. the problem im running into is that i have run into a block with gaining strength. and i think some of it might be my dieting.

WillNoble
05-11-2009, 05:52 PM
if your doing that every time you workout then its certainly not your diet thats the problem

vikes2427
05-11-2009, 05:57 PM
well im gaining strength but earlier in the year it was happening a lot faster and it has seemed to slow down a lot in the past week or so. im just wondering if theres anything i can change in my eating habits to help me out a little bit more. im not really on a nutrition plan or anything really i eat whatever is placed in front of me.

slashkills
05-11-2009, 07:07 PM
If its only slowed down a week there is most likely nothing to worry about. Keep lifting hard, eating alot, and getting enough rest. If you think your stalled after another couple of weeks take a full week off.

I would really suggest following the routine i posted above if you can. I know sometimes the coaches want you to follow their routine but if you have the option use the skinny bastard III template. Good luck this season! Its comming up fast.

vikes2427
05-12-2009, 03:43 PM
ok well thanks a lot bud