PDA

View Full Version : Maintaining Strength

Marc123
05-12-2009, 03:03 PM
Alright heres my problem and i need some information...

Im 5"10 yesterday i weighed at 212 pounds with shoes so around 210 pounds i wear size 32 jeans and medium shirts but all my clothes are starting to get tight...

Im currently just taking protein and creatine lifting pretty hard.

I'm wanting to cut down to right around 195-200 pounds without losing any strength and possibly gaining strength to do this im going to have to cut out carbs and jack my protein up. Im planning to be down to 200 within 2 weeks I dont know if this is realistic im an ex-wrestler and i use to cut from 205 to 171 within a month.

I want to do this a little more healthy tho. Any ideas on what i should eat(for food and such) If i should try a fat burner. I think it will be fairly easy cause i eat a lot of junk food ice cream and drink close to 2 liters of diet soda/regular soda a day. Im asking you guys what you would recommend to do to acheive my goal.

Pimpstick
05-12-2009, 03:08 PM
time.

Jeff Garvin
05-12-2009, 04:56 PM
Not to drink so much soda and ice cream! You will loose some strength when and if you loose your weight to get to a weight you want but then you will gain it all back in due time. Pimpstick is right with the time thing! If you want to do it in 2 weeks then you can do it but its up to you. If you want it bad enough you will get it!!!!

VikingWarlord
05-12-2009, 06:38 PM
You're not going to lose a legit 12 lbs in 2 weeks. You'll dry out and very little of whatever else you drop will be fat. Putting quantity ahead of quality is stupid and will hurt you more than it helps. Overall, I think you should read every other thread in the forum that's asking basically the same question. At the least, check the sticky. It's there for a reason.