PDA

View Full Version : Form (What a difference it makes)

lakeripple
05-12-2009, 11:16 PM
I pulled my first 405lb deadlift today, and I still have a rush from it, about 3 months ago my max was 315 for 3reps. Around that time I trained with someone that really knew their ****, and he corrected my form (feet closer together made a huge impact). It wasn't even major form issues, but little things. If I could teach anyone anything from my experience so far, it would be to get their form down, it has a huge impact on your lifting.

MarcusWild
05-12-2009, 11:58 PM
Congrats on the PR. Form does matter. I equate it to trying to move something with a lever and fulcrum. If you put the fulcrum in the right spot, then it's easy to move. If you put it in the wrong spot, then it can be impossible to move.

Brian C
05-13-2009, 07:08 AM
Awesome job! Seeing 4 plates move on any lift is a great feeling. It is amazing how much a little tweak to form can boost your lifts so much. Next stop, 495. :o)

barbell01
05-13-2009, 10:53 AM
Awesome job! Seeing 4 plates move on any lift is a great feeling. It is amazing how much a little tweak to form can boost your lifts so much. Next stop, 495. :o)

495 sucks, just throw a 2 1/2 on each side and do 500....

rctriplefresh5
05-13-2009, 10:57 AM
i pulled 415 with bad form a while ago, and i could only pull 325 with perfect form now. good form does make a difference and sometimes it can hurt ylour ego. i personally have always felt that a pull is legiy as long as you get the lift to lockout so i still consider myself a 415 puller but id love to get 415 with the form i get 325 at now because in the long run ill be stronger and could probably get 500 with my current form....plus i wont have a bad back.

robchris
05-13-2009, 09:29 PM
Lakeripple,
Nice pull man! I did the same thing a while back with similar results.

Closer stance with a closer grip= less distance to pull the weight...

Cheers!

barbell01
05-13-2009, 09:37 PM
Lakeripple,
Nice pull man! I did the same thing a while back with similar results.

Closer stance with a closer grip= less distance to pull the weight...

Cheers!

fyi, closer stance = MORE distance..... sumo=less distance!