PDA

View Full Version : First time benching with bands

BFGUITAR
05-13-2009, 08:07 PM
I must say it was fun! I had the bands hanging from the top of the rack (have yet to try benching the other, but I will be on Saturday).

We used these green bands (I dont know the company). Anyways, I got up to a 315 single (which felt ridiculously heavy at the top considering the most I have ever held is 255). I brought it down and it was very light off the chest... the lockout was ridiculous. The first time I tried the bar came up fast but the rep looked ugly. I had 3 guys all telling me at the same time how to fix my form, it was nice lol. I went for another single. One thing I have to teach myself is just because the weight is easy on the chest doesn't mean it will be at the top. I hesitated halfway up the lift and lost it lol. It was definitely a learning experience. I finished with 2 sets of 6 reps 3 board CGPB.

I feel so spoiled at this powerlifting gym! Good spotters always around. People giving sound advice. Incredible humour. It's a shame I won't be able to see them much during school. I will make the best of it though.

Brian Hopper
05-14-2009, 07:04 AM
its always nice being around other people who do what you do so they can help out!

vdizenzo
05-14-2009, 07:09 AM
Sounds like a great experience.

Pete22
05-14-2009, 07:53 AM
Nice man, sounds like a great atmosphere to learn and train in.