PDA

View Full Version : Powerlifting Comp. drug testing

Fighter_15
05-14-2009, 03:06 PM
At powerlifting competitions when they drug test they are just testing for performance enhancing drugs such as steroids right?

The reason I am asking is because let's say I'm at a party and I get second hand marijuana smoke. Would they test for marijuana at a powerlifting meet?

I'm wondering the same for a bodybuilding meet but I should probably ask that in the bodybuilding section of the forum huh?

SELK
05-14-2009, 03:36 PM
they will test for rec drugs as well.

Fighter_15
05-14-2009, 03:54 PM
Oh wow that's stupid but I guess I understand. I will just have to stay away from that if I'm ever at any parties.

barbell01
05-14-2009, 03:58 PM
ya, try not to get any "second hand pot smoke" hahahaha, lay off the weed dude!

mike danforth
05-14-2009, 04:58 PM
most feds that test at the local level will test just for roids....any other tests cost more money and they don't want to shell out the $$$

slashkills
05-14-2009, 06:33 PM
If you happen to be by someone and are worried about "second hand smoke" drink a ton of water and dont be around it for about a two weeks out from testing. Unless they test your hair which i doubt they will.

Sean Hatley
05-14-2009, 06:48 PM
At powerlifting competitions when they drug test they are just testing for performance enhancing drugs such as steroids right?

The reason I am asking is because let's say I'm at a party and I get second hand marijuana smoke. Would they test for marijuana at a powerlifting meet?

I'm wondering the same for a bodybuilding meet but I should probably ask that in the bodybuilding section of the forum huh?

If your afraid of getting a false positive just lift in the non-tested division if they have one.

Pete22
05-14-2009, 06:51 PM
they will test for rec drugs as well.

You sure? I saw the lab test form they sent out for me last time (AAPF) and it only had "steroid profile" selected.

Beefcaker
05-14-2009, 07:42 PM
Well I guess I'll have to compete in the non-tested, because I smoke marijuana on the daily. I think that's ridiculous that they'd test for that. I hope that person who said that is mistaken...:whazzup:

SELK
05-14-2009, 08:17 PM
You sure? I saw the lab test form they sent out for me last time (AAPF) and it only had "steroid profile" selected.

I was thinking IPF. Not sure about AAPF? I think its stupid personally to test for pot, its not going to help you lift anything haha.

http://www.powerlifting-ipf.com/Anti-Doping.49.0.html there is a link to the banned list on there.

JasonLift
05-15-2009, 05:14 AM
I don't think second hand marijuana smoke is gonna cause you to test positive.

NASAKYCHAIRMAN
05-15-2009, 06:06 AM
NASA Drug Testing Policy
http://www.nasa-sports.com/drug_testing_news.htm

Also, I don't think second hand smoke will yield a positive result:)

mattdunkin
05-15-2009, 06:13 AM
NASA Drug Testing Policy
ttp://www.nasa-sports.com/drug_testing_news.htm

Also, I don't think second hand smoke will yield a positive result:)

No,it won't.A few years back a couple of Olympic athletes popped positive for it and claimed that second-hand smoke was the cause as they were at a party.Extensive testing has been done that discredited that second-hand smoke will cause a positive rest result from THC.

joey54
05-15-2009, 04:08 PM
You need to be smoking pretty regularly for it to even show up in tests. Second hand smoke won't show up unless you are driving around with someone smoking everyday with the windows up.

Ryano
05-15-2009, 05:13 PM
WABDL, AAPF, and APA only test for a specific steroid profile and T/E ratio. I doubt any other PL feds pay the cash for recreational drug testing. Look at Michael Phelps hittin' the big "bong" and he gets tested regularly by the Oly people. The only reason he got popped is because of the photo.

P.S. This does not mean I condone the use of illegal recreational drugs. I only use legal recreational drugs, ie. Buttweiser.LOL

mattdunkin
05-16-2009, 03:46 PM
WABDL, AAPF, and APA only test for a specific steroid profile and T/E ratio. I doubt any other PL feds pay the cash for recreational drug testing. Look at Michael Phelps hittin' the big "bong" and he gets tested regularly by the Oly people. The only reason he got popped is because of the photo.

P.S. This does not mean I condone the use of illegal recreational drugs. I only use legal recreational drugs, ie. Buttweiser.LOL

I don't drink but I've been hearing that a few benchers highly recommend Budweiser as a "bench-press range-of-motion shortener"!

Ryano
05-16-2009, 04:06 PM
I don't drink but I've been hearing that a few benchers highly recommend Budweiser as a "bench-press range-of-motion shortener"!

It works wonders. I have a built in 3brd. LOL

Fighter_15
05-16-2009, 05:44 PM
Thanks for all the replies. I had no idea I'd get this many lol.

mattdunkin
05-16-2009, 06:11 PM
It works wonders. I have a built in 3brd. LOL

LMFAO!!! I might have to reconsider this not drinking thing!

Fighter_15
05-16-2009, 06:51 PM
Lol I agree. That is pretty funny. Sounds like something my dad would say.

Fighter_15
05-29-2009, 06:48 PM
I know this thread is a little old but I was talking to a guy today and he knows I shop at GNC. He told me to be careful what I buy from there because what I might think is OK might not be OK with the USAPL. He said some stuff at GNC would show up on a drug test by the USAPL. I have taken Muscletech Celltech Hardcore a few months ago and recently I have been taking Gaspari SizeOn. I was wondering if either of these would cause me to fail a drug test by the USAPL when competing in a competition.

joey54
05-29-2009, 07:10 PM
Doubtful unless they are tainted. Your best bet would be to check the ingredients of both products versus the list of banned substances from your federation.