PDA

View Full Version : The best squat suit?

robchris
05-14-2009, 09:26 PM
Gentleman,

I'm getting ready to invest in a squat suit and I'd like to hear from all you experianced guys...

What IYO is the best??? (heard alot about the Inzer Hardcore)

Thanks a lot,
Rob:help:

MarcusWild
05-14-2009, 10:07 PM
Inzer Hardcore is very old technology. If you're single-ply, then the super centurion by Titan is the best.

Jesse Hernandez
05-14-2009, 10:28 PM
Inzer Hardcore is very old technology. If you're single-ply, then the super centurion by Titan is the best.

I was curious about this aswell, how does the SC stack up against the TRX from inzer? I have a 10year old centurion, while it doesnt give me much in way of pop, I prefer its harness stiching to that of the hardcore, but the hardcore gives me more support (pop) out of the hole.

MarcusWild
05-14-2009, 11:00 PM
Just look at IPF meets. Almost everyone wears Titan stuff.

Jesse Hernandez
05-14-2009, 11:02 PM
Just look at IPF meets. Almost everyone wears Titan stuff.

Makes enough sense, but inquiring minds still would like to know about the TRX!

JK1
05-15-2009, 12:03 AM
Makes enough sense, but inquiring minds still would like to know about the TRX!

I've got one..I love it I've never squatted in a multiply or canvas so I can't comment on comparing it to that, but I've heard people describe it as "having the stopping power of canvas". In my opinion, it blows my old single ply Hardcore out of the water in terms of ease of getting on, comfort, adjustability, and probably carryover.

For me, I feel like it has a definitive stopping point, one that you can easily adjust by tightening or loosening the straps---if at all possible, bet it with velcro straps. That'll make a night and day difference in versatility of the suit. I actually keep the straps fairly loose (they will just about slide off my shoulders) for most of my attempts.

I can't tell you an exact amount I'm getting out of the suit because I rarely max completely raw. I'll wear briefs of some sort if I'm not in the suit.

I also have been working with deadlifting (I pull sumo/modified sumo) in the TRX too. Its the only single ply suit I really feel like i can set up to squat without fighting the suit and set up to deadlift with only minor adjustments. I like that.

I think its a suit worth the money based on the experiences I've had with it.

evilxxx
05-15-2009, 12:54 AM

+1

I got a centurion thats a lil loose and stil get way more than i even got from a very tight Hardcore.

MarcusWild
05-15-2009, 02:31 AM
Here's the thing about the super centurion. It has the harness design which covers all the stress points on the suit. The harness on the super centurion is 2-plies of material. That's a ton of support in the most critical areas.

mattdunkin
05-15-2009, 06:11 AM
Yep,if you're going single-ply go with the Super Centurion hands-down.Multi-ply go with either a Boss,Leviathon,or Metal Ace.

Rob Luyando
05-15-2009, 08:08 AM
Metal Ace Squatter

Pete22
05-15-2009, 08:14 AM
Metal Ace Squatter

For multi-ply, I love my Ace. Single-ply definitely the Centurion, I'm assuming the Super Centurion is even better.

barbell01
05-15-2009, 08:34 AM
Metal Ace Squatter

yes!

Guido
05-15-2009, 09:12 AM
Single-ply I'd go with Titan Centurion or Metal Viking Squatter.

Jesse Hernandez
05-15-2009, 11:27 AM
This is some good info guys!

So the TRX has good stopping power, but the Super Centurion has better rebound out of the hole?

Also, how would you compare a 98' version of the centurion to a 09' version. Difference? Simularities?

MarcusWild
05-15-2009, 12:01 PM
98 vs 09 centurion are different suits. The newer one is super nxg+ material which is thicker. The harness design is also 2-plies in the new one. It wasn't quite 2 full plies in the old one. It was just just extra reenforced stitching in the old one. The super centurion has stopping power. The old suit came in one cut so no matter how wide you squatted everyone had the same suit. The super centurion is made in wide stance and narrow stance. This is a big improvement for wider stance squatters.

Jesse Hernandez
05-15-2009, 12:11 PM
damn, you know a lot. So if im squatting 725 in a loose 98' suit, and got a new super centurion whats possible lb wise for me? (i know you cant be right on) but a guess would be nice.

MarcusWild
05-15-2009, 02:53 PM
Most of it will come down to form. Form = carryover in gear. It also takes a little practice to get used to it. You should be good for 800+ though.

robchris
05-15-2009, 02:55 PM
Thanks all you guys...

Kick-a** info.

Whos a good distributor w/ the best price? All I'm familiar w/ is LiftingLarge.com.

BTW, I love Titan stuff but I dont have 6-8 weeks to wait for delivery from Titan...

Thx. again,
Rob

Jesse Hernandez
05-15-2009, 03:02 PM
Most of it will come down to form. Form = carryover in gear. It also takes a little practice to get used to it. You should be good for 800+ though.

I understand that i would have to break in the suit and get used to it because this suit im using is really combfortable. I actually did 755lbs in this suit, but it was 2 inches high. With that said, I do feel 800+ is possible in a good suit w/sufficient training to handle the weight increase.

This website has been the MOST helpful website i've come across. With all the added info, Im making the switch from Inzer to titan for squat and bench shirt. The jury it still out on a deadlift suit.

mike95763
05-15-2009, 03:06 PM
Thanks all you guys...

Kick-a** info.

Whos a good distributor w/ the best price? All I'm familiar w/ is LiftingLarge.com.

BTW, I love Titan stuff but I dont have 6-8 weeks to wait for delivery from Titan...

Thx. again,
Rob

Most everyone on this site will agree that for Titan stuff, Ken Anderson is the guy to go with. I ordered all of my gear from him and recieved it 3 days later. He also helped a ton with sizing can do some custom work if you need it. His website is andersonpowerlifting.com. His phone number is on the website.

Sidior
05-15-2009, 03:09 PM
I have only had experience with Metal gear as far as squatting. I was unimpressed with their IPF squatter, but their Ace Briefs were ridiculous. I'm sure the squat suit would be even better.

MarcusWild
05-15-2009, 04:12 PM
We order everything from Ken as long as he has it in stock. I think in total we've ordered about 6 bench shirts, 6-7 squat suits, 2 deadlift suits, 2-3 pairs of briefs, etc. His ability to custom alter gear and have it in the mail within 1-2 days is great.

ACaslow
05-15-2009, 05:20 PM
Metal Ace Squatter

Robbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb

where have you been?

ACaslow
05-15-2009, 05:28 PM
oh, and I love the TRX... I use it for sumo pulling... leviathan for multi ply. Really a much better suit than all others. It'd be cool if you could use canvas for single ply, would make a bad ass suit for squatting and sumo pulling.

jthomas
05-15-2009, 08:45 PM
Inzer Canvas is by far the best suit for multi-ply gear.

JK1
05-15-2009, 11:10 PM
Most everyone on this site will agree that for Titan stuff, Ken Anderson is the guy to go with. I ordered all of my gear from him and recieved it 3 days later. He also helped a ton with sizing can do some custom work if you need it. His website is andersonpowerlifting.com. His phone number is on the website.

Yup, Ken is the best hands down. If you are looking for Titan stuff, he's the only one I'd do business with. He's been that good to us.

Brian Hopper
05-16-2009, 08:25 AM
TITAN makes the best single ply gear on the market hands down. when it come to multi ply then its kind of a toss up between INZER, TITAN, and METAL. If I were to pick a double ply suit then I would go with the TITAN BOSS. Also, if you want any TITAN gear I would definitley go with Ken Anderson.

Jesse Hernandez
05-16-2009, 01:55 PM
TITAN makes the best single ply gear on the market hands down. when it come to multi ply then its kind of a toss up between INZER, TITAN, and METAL. If I were to pick a double ply suit then I would go with the TITAN BOSS. Also, if you want any TITAN gear I would definitley go with Ken Anderson.

Im starting to agree about the titan gear. But if I may ask another question, what is different about the centurion and Super centurion?

Big_Byrd52
05-16-2009, 09:11 PM
for multi-ply the titan wide stance boss would get my vote over my experience with the leviathan and metal vikings. if ur not goin multiply, just use a belt.

Jesse Hernandez
05-17-2009, 01:10 AM
for multi-ply the titan wide stance boss would get my vote over my experience with the leviathan and metal vikings. if ur not goin multiply, just use a belt.

lol....just a belt? No knee wraps either?

Brian Hopper
05-17-2009, 02:35 PM
Im starting to agree about the titan gear. But if I may ask another question, what is different about the centurion and Super centurion?

I think the only difference is the cut of material in the hips, and the super centurion is made with the NXG Super+ material. But im not 100% sure, if you really want to know I would contact Ken Anderson.

KarstenDD
05-17-2009, 06:57 PM
The Inzer Z-Suit is obviously the premier squat suit of all time.

Dingus
05-17-2009, 07:35 PM
The Inzer Z-Suit is obviously the premier squat suit of all time.

This is a fact, I might order a 2 ply z-suit for my post surgery belt squatting. I should call Inzer and try to get it grid stitched.

robchris
05-17-2009, 07:45 PM
Ahh, good ole' sarcasm... Gets me through the day too!

Jason198
05-17-2009, 07:45 PM
I got a brand new Titan superior suit never used, It is for a 220 lifter if you want to buy that and try it before you spend a lot of money.

I am selling it for $45 and $6 shipping.

Jesse Hernandez
05-17-2009, 11:14 PM
I got a brand new Titan superior suit never used, It is for a 220 lifter if you want to buy that and try it before you spend a lot of money.

I am selling it for $45 and $6 shipping.

Not sure if your talking to me, but i weight 310lbs. so that wont work for me.:ninja:

robchris
05-18-2009, 08:11 PM
JK1, Mike, Marcus,

Thanks guys for the advice...

I called Ken today @ 6:00pm; Texas time, on his cell and he took the time to answer all my questions.(verycool... I explained I just got off work)

He said I should have my gear by Friday and if there's any problems w/ the sizing just send it back for alternations.

Thanks again,
Rob

Dingus
05-19-2009, 10:34 AM
I was being somewhat sarcastic, but I really do use a Z-suit and I get a good amount out of it.

MarcusWild
05-19-2009, 11:02 AM
That sounds about normal for dealing with Ken. He's awesome. Good luck with the suit.

WillNoble
05-19-2009, 11:03 AM
I was being somewhat sarcastic, but I really do use a Z-suit and I get a good amount out of it.

It was the suit I learned on when I was just starting to lift, Its still a very good just beginners suit.