PDA

View Full Version : Do you encounter the same problem as me when you deadlift?

jumperzz
05-18-2009, 06:50 AM
i just found out that when i deadlift,at the end of the deadlift(means i am standing upright with the bar on my hands),the bar is slanted...it gets very slanted when i start to deadlift heavier

getting there
05-18-2009, 07:45 AM
The only time the bar slants to one side or the other on me is when my grip fails in one of my hands. Does that happen to you?

samadhi_smiles
05-18-2009, 08:17 AM
sounds like you are stronger on one side than the other. I would suggest backing down the weight and REALLY concentrating on form (keeping an extremely solid back with NO rounding). Retract your shoulder blades and hold them TIGHT and deadlift. You may want to back the weight down drastically and concentrate on 8-rep sets even for a bit to get some hypertrophy going (of course this requires an overfeeding diet concurrently in order to support muscular growth).

Guido
05-18-2009, 08:21 AM
i just found out that when i deadlift,at the end of the deadlift(means i am standing upright with the bar on my hands),the bar is slanted...it gets very slanted when i start to deadlift heavierAre your arms the same length? That would do it. If not, you might just have a major muscle imbalance on one side compared to the other. If that's the case, I'd get that fixed before your injure yourself.

samadhi_smiles
05-18-2009, 08:25 AM
will also help will be some unilateral work such as lunges or even one arm deadlifts.

BigTallOx
05-18-2009, 08:52 AM
Do you have scoliosis?

jumperzz
05-18-2009, 08:52 AM
actually what i meant is when u look from the bird eye view of the bar,it should be 180 degrees straight...what i mean by slanted (bird eye view of the bar) is one side of the bar is up and another side is down? you guys get it?

sorry,i am poor in english

rctriplefresh5
05-18-2009, 10:01 AM
actually what i meant is when u look from the bird eye view of the bar,it should be 180 degrees straight...what i mean by slanted (bird eye view of the bar) is one side of the bar is up and another side is down? you guys get it?

sorry,i am poor in english
i dont thin anybody was confused at what you meant. you could do a few things.....

1- lower the weight to a weight that this doesnt happen to and slowly progress to where you are now
2- do some one armed deadlifts with light weight these are really challenging to balance and can help you out
3-do some one legged deadlifts same reason as above.

im guessing youre fairly novice at this poiint so id try lowering the weights before jumping into those other excersices.

rbtrout
05-18-2009, 11:12 AM
Are your arms the same length? That would do it. If not, you might just have a major muscle imbalance on one side compared to the other. If that's the case, I'd get that fixed before your injure yourself.

This is what I thought, as well.