PDA

View Full Version : Just starting out, progress thread to keep me motivated!

toxzic
05-18-2009, 10:23 AM
Well whats up guys? i been checkin out this forum alot an figured i would join an get things goin for myself. I have always wanted to get in shape an get big but i let my craving for partyin get in my way!!! Got into some trouble a few months back an wound up doin 75 days in jail for it, so it was a good time to have a new hobby an there were no weights so on came the push-ups, chin-ups, pull-ups, and dips. I realized i could have gotten better results if i didnt go full force every single day there. But i didnt know at the time an well i was in jail an bored as hell!!!. So i snapped a few pics with my old webcam an figured i would consider this my starting time because only now am i hitting the actual weights. I was lucky to have a old weider bench in my storage block, a barbell, and two dumbell bars. The sucky part is they are plastic/concrete weights an i only have 185lbs of weights. So, once i manage to get myself a decent job, i'll start buying some real steel!!! For now, i gotta make do with what i got. Im in the bulking stage right now, only been home 2 weeks but i ate all the damn trays i could get my hands on in there, and im still eating a horse a day while home. I do however need to invest in some protein. I was at a good rate when i left, calisthenics got me into a decent shape, i only gained 8lbs while i was there but i seen a ton of fat leave an muscle replace it, i wish i had a before picture. When i left, my workout consisted of 5 sets of 10 overhand pull ups, 5 sets of 20 chin ups, 10 sets of 30 push ups, and 5 sets of 50 dips. i did that once a day, and did them correctly, all the way up an all the way down on everything, slowly. Now that im home an dusted off the bench i never got around to using... i want to get big!!! I need this hobby because not only am i tired of trouble but i always wanted to look good an be strong!!! So anyway, thanks for readin my garbage, heres a couple pics of what i look like now, in my starting stage, the quest for big muscle gains an sore an painful recoverys!!!

Forgot to add: My starting weights are as follows.

BP: 3 sets at 145 and 5 reps
Straight bar curls: 3sets at 65 5 reps
Squat: 3 sets at 210 5 reps

I ride the hell out of bmx bikes daily, my legs have always been strong.

Any pointers are great, thanks.... Doug!

Cards
05-18-2009, 05:28 PM
life heavy, eat well, and sleep. you'll go very far.