PDA

View Full Version : Protein, Fat, Carbs - Indigestion / Excessive Gas

ThorzHammer
05-18-2009, 02:09 PM
What a topic for the first post!

I currently have excessive gas and wondering what others experience has been with foods causing gas. Do you find certain foods cause you gas either by themselves or in combination?

Can fat malabsorption, or the slowing down of absorption due to fat, cause other foods to ferment and cause excess gas? Are there other reasons why food may ferment causing excess gas?

Does mixing carbs/fat/proteins cause gas, and does separating carbs/fat/proteins to be useful in balancing your digestion.

Is it unwise to cut down on carbs in an attempt to curb excess flatulence?

I have had this problem for years, and have tried cutting out numerous foods, but have never found the culprit. Gas has become a daily problem. The only way I have found to avoid gas is to go hungry, which obviously is not healthy.

I get excess flatulence pretty much 24/7 regardless of what I eat it seems. I also find when I eat avocado I get excess flatulence, and think possibly fat could be the problem, maybe blocking absorption? They are often quite foul as well. I don't go near avocado anymore.

What have you found helps your gas, or what have you done to minimize or eliminate excess gas?

Clifford Gillmore
05-18-2009, 02:19 PM
Charcoal tablets to remove the smell. Not nice to eat....

I love gas.

nfraher
05-18-2009, 03:08 PM
milk + caffeine ( Coffee, diet soda) = bad news.

As great as milk is, I find if i limit myself to under a quart a day the gas is a lot better.