PDA

View Full Version : losing bodyfat ....

98cobra
04-16-2001, 03:38 PM
hey guys, ive been a long time reader of this site, but this is my first post.
im 21 years old 5'10" 210lbs ~14% bodyfat (i know i know, thats pretty high).
i've started "HIT" training a couple of months ago, and man do i wish this website was around when i first started training, the gains i have made are unbelieveable.
anyhow my diet was usually for bulking up, but now since summer time is just around the corner, i would like to drop my bodyfat to around 6-8%.

here is a sample of what i would normally eat:

breakfast:
10 Egg whites, 1 yolk
1 cup of oatmeal
piece of fruit
2 slices of wheat bread

snack:
protein shake
small fruit

lunch:
chicken breast/salmon
1 cup grilled veggies
fruit
pasta or rice

snack:
protein shake
chicken burger

dinner:
steak
2 cups veggies
1 cup rice/pasta

late night snack:
peanut butter sandwich

i also drink about a gallon of water a day, and cycle creatine if i feel i need the extra boost(most of the time its just the placebo effect)

i was wondering what kind of changes i should make in my diet to cut my bodyfat to around 6-8% in 12 weeks. i will also be adding 30 minutes of cardio 3 times a week. i was also thinking about using some kind of thermogenic(i dont have any experience using them).
any suggestions or comments would be great.
thanks guys,
angelo

04-16-2001, 04:34 PM
too many carbs for breakfast and lunch.

YatesNightBlade
04-17-2001, 02:44 AM
I think your diet itself looks pretty good. I would consider dropping the Chicken burger as your body can only use so much protein per sitting. Only thing I would do is to start doing more aerobic work first until you start losing fat. Then drop your carbs. I'd also consider dropping the bread out of your last meal.

98cobra
04-17-2001, 03:27 AM
thanks for the replys guys,
so basically i should totally cut the carbs out? or is there a maximum amount of carbs i should try not to exceed?

YatesNightBlade
04-17-2001, 05:06 AM
I would just increase your cardio first. Then when you stop losing. Drop your carbs. Only slightly at first.